Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 12-01-2006, 05:39 AM
v7n Goddess

He said it's a good tool, just spam it on the right forum here is all

If you want to remove them, simply go back and edit your posts, but im sure if john wanted them deleted they would have been already

So don't worry about it

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 05:42 AM
v7n Mentor

Tanya I wanted to delete the links, but I cannot edit my previous posts. And as it is spam, I do not understand why John should not want them to be deleted?

And I sure worry about it. Honestly.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
He said it's a good tool, just spam it on the right forum here is all

If you want to remove them, simply go back and edit your posts, but im sure if john wanted them deleted they would have been already

So don't worry about it
Hello Tanya, I've read about your insightful posts on this thread and I was wondering if you could tell us some other amazing SEO tricks? I understand you wouldn't like to reveal your SEO secrets, but I bet you can help. What a perfect world, such a nice and beautiful girl (as far as I can see.. I'm not good at looking upside down), AND good at SEO, what else do you need??

Last edited by Laurentvw; 12-01-2006 at 10:10 AM.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 PM
v7n Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentvw View Post
Hello Tanya, I've read about your insightful posts on this thread and I was wondering if you could tell us some other amazing SEO tricks? I understand you wouldn't like to reveal your SEO secrets, but I bet you can help. What a perfect world, such a nice and beautiful girl (as far as I can see.. I'm not good at looking upside down), AND good at SEO, what else do you need??:P
:mrgreen:

Thank you lol
and i changed the dp because some guys just act like...guys lol

anyways
I don't mind helping anyone out, not at all, but it's just that unless i write a full detailed article, with stats and proof, people wilklsimply take what i say as a soul opinion, unless they try it, in which case it would take a few days in some cases weeks...

I mean as long as you have the basics under wraps, ur safe and you can start working your way up pretty fast without having to pay crazy amounts for seo tools and help and so on.

Now so i'm at least a little helpfull here, and i dont think i'm going to point out anything new, but main things everyone should look into are things like optimizing your website title and meta tags. They should really be different on every page on ur website for better results!

everyone knows some search engines only display 50-70 characters INCLUDING spaces from ur title, so yeah, think about it and keep it short!

It's best to include your keywords in your Title tag, pref before all the other words inthe title like say for a music site maybe something like :

Music Online | Mp3 Downloads | Albums and lyrics

Now you may be wondering why the | symbol, im not a 100% sure lol but lots of people say it's one of those secret seo thingys , it helps with getting more than one keyword out there i guess :)

Now, to us, search engines are the devil :P because they dont give US pr1 lol

well they arnt they just want to give surfers the best quality content, in theory, and for google, a google site map is a + and a must!
Search engines will probably also start using a standard for sitemaps, i believe yahoo and google use it already.

a silly tip i go by myself is kinda going far, but when it comes to seo everything counts. Your images for example, name them after your key words ;) like say your site is music relates and a keyword is "Live Music", name your pics Live_Music_01.jpg ..now this isnt a 100% valid tip, but a LOT of people say it helps, and hey, it can't harm you to try , so why not do it i say :P

always add title atributes in your links, not only does it help seo wise :P but it's also a W3C standard for making your page accessible to disabled people

META tags,lol...i wont go into detail...but, in my opinion, and i say this as to not get spanked by some :P SEO is mostly ...theories and so on due to the changing algorithms of the search engines...now some say the order in which the meta tags are in have an effect, i dont agree 100% but, have noticed a difference! content type, robots, description, and keywords are in my opinion the 4 meta tags you REALLY have to worry about. I use them in an order i feal has most effect, it's up to you to research lol and decide if it works or not for real i guess :)

There are a lot of do's and donts when it comes to meta tags, but the list is realllly long, and i want to whatch this movie now lol!

I dunno, these are things most people know really, and it's always a good place to start, the little details do count, else if everyone was doing the same thing, they'd all have pr1 sites :P

Hope it helped... :oops:

:)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:37 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Now, to us, search engines are the devil because they dont give US pr1 lol
This might be confusing to some folks because PR is the common abbreviation for PageRanK (Google PageRank) which displays in the Google toolbar as PR0 - PR10, with 10 being the highest. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying?

Old 12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
v7n Goddess

blah!

thank you *sniffles* i mean ranked first! -_-
pr10* with a 0
lol

Last edited by Tanya; 12-01-2006 at 02:51 PM. Reason: BL:AH BLAH BLAH

Old 12-06-2006, 06:39 AM
v7n Mentor

Thumbs up Revisit-after Meta tag

I still find it funny, that I can tell the Search Engines, when they may re-visit my site, just with a simple meta tag. In other words that I can make a date with them, when my site has time to meet them again.

I have a test page already for our research, and I just added that tage <meta name="revisit-after" content="7 days"> there today, and I want to see if Google will obey or not to my invitation!

You all can follow it up yourselves if you like too:

The URL: http://www.webnauts.net/test.html

Google's cache of http://www.webnauts.net/test.html retrieved on 29 Nov 2006 21:24:48 GMT: http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

So by the next Google visit I will come back and let you know that he have been there, and one week later I will come back again.

If I have done something wrong with that tag, that I do not think so, please be so kind and let me know.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Individualist

http://code.google.com/webstats/2005-12/metadata.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
revisit-after, supposedly used to tell search engines how often to recrawl the page. To our knowledge only one search engine has ever supported it, and that search engine was never widely used — at this point, it is nothing more than a good luck charm.
Not supported by Google.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Does that mean tanya is talking bull****? What a shock
I wonder if she was lying about that | as well.
As she said: "Now you may be wondering why the | symbol, lots of people say it's one of those secret seo thingys , it helps with getting more than one keyword out there i guess "

Old 12-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Individualist

Not talking bull****. I don't know that Tanya was addressing Google specifically. And until recently I wasn't aware that Google ignored that tag either.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Not talking bull****. I don't know that Tanya was addressing Google specifically. And until recently I wasn't aware that Google ignored that tag either.
John does that mean that I should cancel the test? Is everything clear now?

Old 12-08-2006, 01:32 PM
v7n Goddess

Laurentvw, i was giving my personal view and point on what i do.
To some people, who don’t have an efin idea of what they are doing that can be taken as bull****, because they don’t have the common sense or knowledge to even test it for themselves. Lazy people who think, hey, i heard this and that about seo, there was no proof of it, i cant be arsed to check, so ill consider it crap...

anyway...I know for a fact John that, the revisit-after code is used by sites such as urban75 and mike there tells me it works, so if it's a valid statement on his behalf or not, i don't know, ive used it and it hasn’t done me 'harm' yet

so yeah there u go

Old 12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
anyway...I know for a fact John that, the revisit-after code is used by sites such as urban75 and mike there tells me it works, so if it's a valid statement on his behalf or not, i don't know, ive used it and it hasn’t done me 'harm' yet

so yeah there u go
Tanya no one talked about harm. But about useless code. Anyway I will be back soon. I am testing this issue on the page I mentioned above. urban 75 and mike? URLs? And the test is backed up!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:02 AM
v7n Mentor

I promised that I will keep you all up-to-date.

Google retrieved my test page http://www.webnauts.net/test.html on 4 Dec 2006 09:09:46 GMT.

Check it out yourself: http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

As you know already, as I mentioned above, before this last visit of Google, I added this in the page: <meta name="revisit-after" content="7 days".

Therefore, if that meta tags really works, Google must visit the page on the 11th of December. COUNT DOWN BEGAN!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 09:21 AM
No Longer Active

Actually, that would not be correct. If the tag actually worked (which it does not, for any of the major search engines) it would only be telling the search engines not to revisit for at least seven days. Therefore they could certainly wait 8 or 9 days to visit.

Of course you already know that the test is invalid either way, as the reasoning for the timing of the bots visit could easily be attributed to entirely different things other than the revist after tag.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:24 AM
v7n Mentor

Cricket I know all that. I guess you missed the point. The v7n Mentor Tanya is insisting that the meta tag works. That is why I started this test to prove that it does not work.

Just to backup my previous posts.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:46 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webnauts View Post
Cricket I know all that. I guess you missed the point. The v7n Mentor Tanya is insisting that the meta tag works. That is why I started this test to prove that it does not work.

No, I didn't miss anything. Most of the time I'm at least little bit smarter than I look.

I was only saying that the robots, not visiting would not prove or disprove anything, as that could be attributed to other factors. If however the robots visited prior to the 7 days, then that would be an indicator of your earlier point.

Certainly, the vast majority of us are already aware that the revisit-after tag is not one which is acknowledged by the major search engines, but this has been a long standing belief by many people that isn't going to disappear overnight.

As members of a tight knit friendly community, sometimes we (without meaning to) can win the battle, but lose the war by trying to prove who is right and who is wrong.

Perhaps sometimes, it is best to just present our opinion, along with the reasons for our opinion and any collaborating evidence, and then just let it go, instead of continuing to beat a dead horse.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:25 PM
v7n Mentor

Good point Cricket. Besides I never doubted that you are smart.

I was just not sure if the horse died or not. Now I know. Thanks.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:53 AM
v7n Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webnauts View Post

you make me sound like some jail warden wtf lol

I'm not insisting it works as much i am stating it 'has' both, done us no harm, and only helped us. Maybe there are other factors involved, but i never said everyone should use it because it works for sure

Cricket...u ever heard of anumal cruelty

Old 12-11-2006, 09:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Tanya I would honestly appreciate if you would only tell us here how did it help. That is all I would like to know.

That will be a new chapter in SEO, if you would back that up. Think about it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum