Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down What possibly could i've done wrong to piss off google?

Hey guys,

One of my sites is now 3 weeks old but still not get indexed. I've been continuously building backlinks to homepage as well as internal pages, basically they are all web 2.0 properties with 50%+ unique spun content +social bookmarking + rss submit, and some of them already get indexed.

I don't understand, I've done nothing close to spam-related backlinks, how come google only index some of these backlinks while none of my main site pages showing up.

I've experienced way faster speed as to my other sites, just don't know why. What possibly could go wrong?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Contributing Member

First of all check how many pages of your websites are into Google's index... Are you home pages indexed?

Second things, how competitive your homepage keywords are? If they are very competitive, they might take sometime to climb the rankings.

Just keep up your work and keep monitoring your website.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:09 AM

Have you added your website to Google's Webmaster tools yet?

Old 10-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdot55 View Post
Hey guys,

One of my sites is now 3 weeks old but still not get indexed. I've been continuously building backlinks to homepage as well as internal pages, basically they are all web 2.0 properties with 50%+ unique spun content +social bookmarking + rss submit, and some of them already get indexed.

I don't understand, I've done nothing close to spam-related backlinks, how come google only index some of these backlinks while none of my main site pages showing up.

I've experienced way faster speed as to my other sites, just don't know why. What possibly could go wrong?
If you haven't done anything wrong the you should have no problem but waiting, as mentioned did you submit to GWT, and have you submitted to all of Google's search engines. If you can and submit your site to all of Google search engines, not just Google, but Google, Canada, and all the other countries that is Google, etc, and that should pick it up a bit for your site.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i guess not alot of people use http://google.com/addurl

Old 10-22-2011, 06:01 PM

I would just keep on building more back links - at a faster pace - ive done this w my sites and indexed pretty quiclly

Old 10-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am not sure at this point if I understand this thread, based on what was said with a person who believe he "has pissed Google off." Look here is the deal, and I know it from first hand experience because I have tested and tried many of my sites and many other sites, a whole bunch looking a graphs and coming up with ideas, but one thing I can say is that you have to do something really wrong to "piss Google off" I mean really wrong. The moderators of this forum know it, Snake, HTML, it takes a lot to get on Google's bad side. And I will give you my first hand knowledge and experience which I intentionally tried to make "google pissed off." BTW, I have done this more than once, so I know my data is fairly accurate.

I had a site which ranked on the first page for two keywords and I had another keyword which was ranked on the second page. I did not change my onpage optimization for anything, but I wanted to give it try to see what would happen. What I did with the keyword (anchor text) was throw up over ten thousand backlinks in a week to see what would happen and "if" my site rankings would diminish. That is correct over ten thousand backlinks in a period of a week. I was testing the man, Google.

The results after one week: my two keywords stayed on the first page, the keyword I had all the links for stayed basically the same but seem to bounce around a bit.

Second week: I was on the first page for Yahoo and Bing, and for Google the average page position was four or five, not position on the first page, but I was ranking now fourty or fifty.

Third week, ranked great on Yahoo and Bing, and my position according to Webmaster tools was 110. Basically, my ranks plummented, and my other keywords stayed the same. Realize I have tested this mode with other sites and I have gotten very similar results.

Week four: I pulled the plug on all the backlinks, and it took me six weeks to get the same keyword back to the second page, and another three weeks to get it on page one.

What is my point? Google, as search engine is smarter than you may believe and has many determining factors to take into consideration, so I suggest to listen to the moderators of this forum, and/or those that have true experience with search engine results and and not "belief."

Last edited by commoditytrainer; 10-22-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Kirkland View Post
Have you added your website to Google's Webmaster tools yet?
Can this boost your SEO ranking? Anybody done this technique before? Thank you!

Thank you to all of your replies - I really appreciate it.

I read and digested them all. You all rock !

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 10-23-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:57 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Working with the webaster tools is a good idea. I use them as well. It doesn't boost your ranking but it has a sitemap submission tool you could use as well as many tools that show you errors on your site, either crawler errors, page not found errors. It gives you information about your meta details and has a "lab" that analyses your site and tells you what you could do to enhance it and improve it.

Your site is only 3 weeks old. It can take months for a site to be indexed and anything up to 3 years (depending) to actually show a page rank. You just need to keep at it, keep your content fresh and regularly updated.

I might also add that using spun content is not the best way to go when adding content to your site. The panda doesn't appreciate it much.

Good Luck, I hope it all works out for you.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
Working with the webaster tools is a good idea. I use them as well. It doesn't boost your ranking but it has a sitemap submission tool you could use as well as many tools that show you errors on your site, either crawler errors, page not found errors. It gives you information about your meta details and has a "lab" that analyses your site and tells you what you could do to enhance it and improve it.

Your site is only 3 weeks old. It can take months for a site to be indexed and anything up to 3 years (depending) to actually show a page rank. You just need to keep at it, keep your content fresh and regularly updated.

I might also add that using spun content is not the best way to go when adding content to your site. The panda doesn't appreciate it much.

============

Thank you for your advice - I really appreciate it.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:31 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

You're welcome If you have any other q's don't hesitate to ask. If I can't find the answer, there are many members here more advanced and qualified than I am that could help.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commoditytrainer View Post
If you haven't done anything wrong the you should have no problem but waiting, as mentioned did you submit to GWT, and have you submitted to all of Google's search engines. If you can and submit your site to all of Google search engines, not just Google, but Google, Canada, and all the other countries that is Google, etc, and that should pick it up a bit for your site.
I just wonder why would you want to waste the time in submitting to Google in all the countries, that is not a good advice. Submitting to all of them doesn't speed up the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoyoutube View Post
i guess not alot of people use http://google.com/addurl
You could also use that but that also doesn't guarantee inclusions read it here https://www.google.com/webmasters/to.../addurl/&pli=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by agag2 View Post
I would just keep on building more back links - at a faster pace - ive done this w my sites and indexed pretty quiclly
Number is not what helps here, its the quality of those links. And as far as the pace is concerned its good to keep it slow and steady specially if you are a new site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post

Totally agree.

My advice is -

1. Find out the authority sites in your niche. Try to get links from them. Maybe ask them for a guest post by you, on their blog.

2. Find out forums and blogs that have a high reputation and are crawled by the search engines, and become active there.

3. Set up an account with Google webmasters, upload your sitemaps.

After you have done all that -

4. Be patient.

Last edited by akasheg; 10-23-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Use Google webmaster tool and add your XML sitemap in it. Also Don't do social Bookmarking as the site is new. May be Google treat this as spam as you are creating links very fast. Get links from niche websites and from local business listing sites as well with different "description" (atleast 50% spun) every time.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Wow! this thread is sizzling hot. I'm all pumped reading all your
replies. Thank you all I really appreciate it. I have noted all
your advices. I will surely do all of them.

You all Rock !!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdot55 View Post
Hey guys,

It's only a matter of 3 weeks. Please give it some more time before you start to worry

Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshow View Post
It's only a matter of 3 weeks. Please give it some more time before you start to worry
=========

Noted, Thank you for your reply. In your experience - will it take more than 5 weeks? thank you.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

many user post different reviews, does it work and effective? i also like to post my review but what i thinking is already posted....

thanks!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Try searching in Google for 'IMTalk Submitter'. Using this online tool will help your site get indexed in less than 3 days.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynSimonsen View Post
Try searching in Google for 'IMTalk Submitter'. Using this online tool will help your site get indexed in less than 3 days.
==================

Have you tried this yourself? Indexed in 3 days sounds like blackhat to me. Can you please elaborate on this? ty

Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Yes i have tried this. And to all the sites i have done this i have them indexed in less than 3 days with no problem.

Why would you think this is blackhat?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread