Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

Lightbulb Quality vs Cheap Backlinks

I wanted to start a thread to discuss the importance of quality versus cheap backlinks.

I talk with clients often, and they think having MORE backlinks will give them the best results, when in fact this is far from the truth. I've had / seen PageRank 5+ with thousands of hits a day with under 100 backlinks in their portfolio. 100,000 no PR / 0 PR is equal to about 10 PR 2 backlinks. This only proves the significance behind gathering quality backlinks over cheap quantity backlinks.

I think in the long run you actually pay more for high quantity cheap backlinks because you have to do it several times just to get ranked, whereas quality links tend to show results the first time around.

What are your thoughts?

+Rep Me If You Found My Info Useful!

Last edited by lohill; 11-30-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 12:14 PM

I thing few good high pr backlink is more powerfull then thousend of those lame profile backlink.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohill View Post
I wanted to start a thread to discuss the importance of quality versus cheap backlinks.

I talk with clients often, and they think having MORE backlinks will give them the best results, when in fact this is far from the truth. I've had / seen PageRank 5+ with thousands of hits a day with under 100 backlinks in their portfolio. 100,000 no PR / 0 PR is equal to about 10 PR 2 backlinks. This only proves the significance behind gathering quality backlinks over cheap quantity backlinks.

I think in the long run you actually pay more for high quantity cheap backlinks because you have to do it several times just to get ranked, whereas quality links tend to show results the first time around.

What are your thoughts?
Why not get links the old fashioned way - by earning them because people WANT to link to your site?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Why not get links the old fashioned way - by earning them because people WANT to link to your site?
Because the old fashion way doesn't work. There is much more competition in today's market which requires some type of SEO. Back in the day there was only a few thousand web sites. Now there is at least that many for every niche.

On top of that, if no one can find your site, how can they like it enough to link to it?

+Rep Me If You Found My Info Useful!

Last edited by lohill; 11-30-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Because the old fashion way doesn't work. There is much more competition in today's market which requires some type of SEO. Back in the day there was only a few thousand web sites. Now there is at least that many for every niche.

On top of that, if no one can find your site, how can they like it enough to link to it?
I have been using the old fashioned way for years without any issues.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

I understand where you are coming from. I have been marketing online since about 1999. The level of competition is a lot more, but you need to separate yourself from others. Think outside the box, and separate yourself from everyone else.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:59 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I think in the long run you actually pay more for high quantity cheap backlinks
Wait.
What?!?

Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I always try to gain links from PR 2 and above websites. Just concentrate on the websites which has a PR of 2 and more. Also try to gain links from the authority websites with good content which will help your website in a long run. Do not take links from low cheap PR websites. This will hamper your site in long run.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:

What are your thoughts?
As per me quality backlinks are more important than getting the more backlinks. As with the quality backlinks you have the quality content and that is from the high pr and authorised sites , so it be more helpful for the traffic and also for the ranking. And i also have found many sites that has less backlinks but yet high pagerank and that is because of the quality online.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
My thought exactly.
Google will get smarter and smarter beyond what we may imagine in the next couple of years, right now there are literraly thousands of experiments which are run every day and changes in the algorithms no one would be able to follow even if we were updated.
Cheap lousy links may hurt your site, Thats when their quantity largely overcome the good ones.
Avoid cheap backlinks in all costs, Today I'm even willing to pay someone to remove some "Google bombing" that was made to my website in order to hurt it's ranking (I do believe they have succeeded...

Old 12-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

After Google's Panda 3.1 update, PR is a very small factor in Google's over 200 ranking factors. Good editorial authoritative backlinks are more useful than having high PR backlinks.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

I personally think quality is much better for the long run than quality. That said, I take any link that I can as long as its not black hat, from bad neighborhood, things like that.

After all, you ant to make it natural. So its best to have a mix of links, a few quality backlinks, whole bunch of average backlinks and lots of lower quality ones.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

At this time we cant take risk in the shape of cheap back links is wrong door for getting high rank on Google. High Authority pages quality links better then thousand of lower quality links.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Latest Blog:
None

It's always good to strive for quality over quantity. It's just that for people who are new at this, you can't always go for quality right the way. Most people wanted to see results right away or else they get discourage. So I think you can start out by getting quantity. When you get some good result then switch over and start doing quality work so people actually want to link to you.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quality is matter than the large number of cheap backlinks because google only give preference to the the quality links not the number of links.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The Quality backlinks are very important for Getting high Page Rank,If any site have good quality links,that site get PR in sort time, i am use 2 or 2+ PR sites for backlink.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

More and more back links are not a surety for your high rankings. It is the content which is responsible for your rank. Putting fresh content time to time is the best idea. Putting the most relevant keyword in meta tags also help to site position.
Backlinks also can't be ignored totally. If you make quality backlinks, then your site stays on high ranks for a long time.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyendratm View Post
The Quality backlinks are very important for Getting high Page Rank,If any site have good quality links,that site get PR in sort time, i am use 2 or 2+ PR sites for backlink.
Really absolutely right.Quality links are most important to increase PR.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quality backlinks matters a lot. Try to get more quality high pr backlinks. Backlinks from the low pr does not help you...

Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strip View Post
Backlinks from the low pr does not help you...
I beg to differ on this point to some extent. If the site is related to the theme of yours and you can see it has the potential to become a good site or article you have to give it a chance.

Also, ya think the search engines won't notice you only get links from high PR places?

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum