Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

12 Days of SEO (Xmas Style)

Little bit of SEO holiday stuff going on Lisa's blog

Quote:
Hey, hey, hey! The holidays are approaching and to help get everyone in the spirit we’ll be launching our 12 Days of SEO starting tomorrow on the blog. What are the 12 Days of SEO? Well then, I’m glad you asked.

During the 12 Days of SEO, each member of the Outspoken Media team will be making an appearance to offer their favorite tip, tool or method on one area of SEO or Internet marketing. For example, one day it may be a tip about International SEO, while another day we’ll be talking about regex and then we’ll start talking about how to get started on Twitter from the eyes of a Twitter newbie. Each day it will be a different nugget of knowledge on some marketing topic, tied into one of the popular verses below.

Here’s a sneak peak of what topic we’ll be dishing about on which day so you can properly prepare yourself.
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/12-days-of-seo/

Subscribe to her blog or follow this thread for future updates.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Nine Ladies Dancing: The Google Dance.. lol

definitely gonna watch out those topics...

Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM

CRO: The Partridge In Your SEO Tree

Here we go.

Quote:
You’re checking your client’s analytics and you see traffic has increased steadily. You’ve pushed some of their key pages up in the Google SERPs, you’ve optimized their content for both readability and keyword usage, and you’ve built up their social profiles. It’s great and you couldn’t be more proud of the work you’ve accomplished. But, then you have your monthly call with your client, and s/he doesn’t want to hear about keywords, or traffic, or Facebook… the client just wants to know why they haven’t seen an increase in sales. Why are they paying you?

It’s time to talk conversion optimization.

Whether they realized it or not, your client hired you for..
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/conver...-optimization/

Old 12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
v7n Mentor

Very nice share snake! I love Four Calling Birds:Twitter! Very nice article on the CRO as well.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Reconsideration Requests: The True Turtle Dove

Got another one or ya.

Quote:
It’s the second day of SEO, which means it’s time to talk about turtle doves. Not the bird, the symbol! Turtle doves represent sacrifice and mourning, something we see a lot of in the SEO industry (or we’re just really vocal complainers). And, in the world of the SEO, we know no greater sacrifice than the reconsideration request.

It’s the request we make to the Google gods for....
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/recons...e-turtle-dove/

Old 12-10-2011, 03:39 AM

Reconsideration Requests: The True Turtle Dove

Another one if you are not following Lisa's blog.

Quote:
It’s the second day of SEO, which means it’s time to talk about turtle doves. Not the bird, the symbol! Turtle doves represent sacrifice and mourning, something we see a lot of in the SEO industry (or we’re just really vocal complainers). And, in the world of the SEO, we know no greater sacrifice than the reconsideration request.

It’s the request we make to the Google gods for forgiveness when we, someone on our behalf or a more nefarious third-party has broken one....
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/recons...e-turtle-dove/

Old 12-12-2011, 05:29 PM

International SEO: Three French Hens

Here we go with another one.

Quote:
Even with a background in Cultural Anthropology, I occasionally catch myself thinking about SEO from an ethnocentric point of view. For the most part, the clients I work with are focused on a domestic audience, and so I may only need to account for slight differences in accessibility and keyword phrasing. But upon taking a cross-cultural comparison of online buying behavior, you’ll find that one size does not fit all when it comes to international SEO. Differences in device usage (mobile vs. desktop/laptop devices), language differences, and cultural receptiveness to your product or service all come into play when you are marketing to a specific country or culture.

So, on the third day of SEO, Outspoken Media gives to thee – three French hens, in the form of international SEO advice, of course.
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/international-seo/

Please post a blog comment if you wish to comment on this blog post. The blog author should respond to it.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Contributing Member

Those are sure good annual change for a typical pop SEO report/tips post.
Well, since most in the internet are seasonal, I guess that could hit my interest a bit.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Calling Birds: A Twitter Confession

Another one for ya.

Quote:
My name is Elf Emily… and I am a Twitter n00b. I realize that’s a risky confession coming from someone getting back into the SEO industry- but I am a believer in full disclosure.

Don’t misunderstand – when Twitter first entered as a major player in the social media scene, I signed up for my account like everyone else to test it out and see what it was all about. To be honest, I was intimidated by it because I didn’t really know how to interact in a meaningful way. So, when I ended up transitioning to a job in traditional marketing, I used that as an excuse to ignore Twitter’s existence. “Oh, I don’t need to care about Twitter, I design brochures now.” And I lived in my own little world of denial for three years.

Fast forward to that moment when I realized I had left my heart in San Francisco Internet marketing and found myself staring vacantly at the 188,453 missed Tweets in my previously-abandoned account.

You know that awkward feeling when you walk into a party and...
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/social-med...er-confession/

Feel free to post a blog comment on this blog post.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:29 PM

5 Golden Links for Link Building and Beyond

Getting closer to xmas.

Quote:
We’re almost halfway through our 12 Days of Christmas—er, SEO—and I want use my day to talk about five golden link finds that can help your link development efforts. I know, I know, we do a link-up post each month, but this a different kind of list.

Golden Link #1

http://mentionmapp.com

Mentionmapp is a simple tool to help you discover groups of people that Twitter users connect with the most. Simple: Enter a Twitter handle and....
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/golden...link-building/

Don't forget to post a blog comment if you have something to say about this blog post.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 PM

Six Geese a’ Layin: Reviews & Community Development

10 days to go.

Quote:
Back in October, I talked about using the power of online reviews to build trust in your product or service. The truth is I’ve been a fan of reviews long before my life as an internet marketer. A few years ago, I dove head-first into Yelp because it fulfilled most of my heirarchy of internet needs and gave me access to a community of local food lovers.

Today, the link between online reviews and community is more evident than it was when I first joined Yelp. Building a community around your product or service can increase engagement, keep you top of mind, and create an army of super fans eager to lay eggs of positivity (reviews) that will hatch into your next wave of customers.

Time to get those geese a’ layin.
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/online-mar...y-development/

Old 12-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Usability: Seven Swans a’Swimmin’

Friday's Blog post is a good one.

Quote:
Oh, the possibilities for swimming puns related to site navigation are endless! I’m going to assume you can see the parallel, and just get right down to the good stuff. One of your jobs as a Web site publisher is to figure out what brings people to your site, and make it easy for them to find it. While it may be tempting to create a site with tons of bells and whistles, when it comes to site design, architecture, and overall usability, less is definitely more.

While everyone has their own ideas about things like color and images, a few key elements should....
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/usability/usability-swans/

Old 12-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Getting More From Your SEO Agency: Eight Maids a’Milking

Getting close to the end folks.

Quote:
Hiring a search engine optimization (SEO) agency is sort of like hiring a mechanic. Most of us don’t have the knowledge to work on our car and keep it running on our own. We simply put gas in the car and it goes, and when it doesn’t go, we take it to someone who can fix it. We find a respectable garage, and we trust the mechanic knows what he’s doing.

Now replace car with Web site, garage with agency, and mechanic with SEO. Shouldn’t the process be similar when you hire an SEO consulting company?

To get the most out of your SEO agency it’s important to learn how to get involved and when, well, maybe not to get involved. Here are a few tips.
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/gettin...ur-seo-agency/

Please post your comments on the blog.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:32 PM

Ladies (and Gents), Get Your Google Dance On

Are you ready for this one?

Quote:
juice
bomb
dance
jagger
sandbox
panda

What do these words have in common?

If you answered “Google” you’ve gotten into the spirit of the 12 Days of SEO! And, when you feel the spirit coming on, there’s nothing to do but DANCE. So, on the 9th day of SEO, this lady is dancing to Christmas in Hollis and thinking about a different kind of dance — the Google Dance.

No, not the official Google Dance (see pic above) that used to be held annually at the Googleplex, though, those were fun and fortuitous.

The Google Dance I’m talking about is what used to happen in the search results whenever Google would update its index.

The Google Dance is the time period it takes for...
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/google-dance/

If you have any comments about this blog post, it would be a good idea to share them on the blog itself.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 PM

11 Pipers Piping: An Introduction to Regular Expressions and Pipes

So close...

Quote:
ell, we’re up to the 11th day of Christmas – the ole ‘11 Pipers Piping’. So, no better time than now to talk about the pipe when used as a Regular Expression and how to use it to your Google Analytics advantage.

What are Regular Expressions?

Regular Expressions are text patterns that can contain combinations of alphanumeric and special characters. If you’ve ever had the need to use Wildcards, you’ll recognize the similarity. The text pattern that you...
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/introd...ons-and-pipes/

Old 12-23-2011, 04:46 PM

SEO Drummers & The Same Old Tune

2 days to go.

Quote:
Well, it’s just you and me here to wrap up our 12 Days of SEO fest. After more than two weeks of posts, it’s come to this – 12 Drummers Drumming. Twelve people who can do nothing but beat the same drum year after year…after year… after year.

Remind you of anyone?

It reminds me of SEOs and social media experts. And fine, maybe those of us that blog abut SEO and social media experts. We all have a...
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/online-mar.../seo-drummers/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum