Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Regarding SEO by Yoast

The plugin said that externally linking the focused keyword is bad for the website. Is this true?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

There are various idea in seo. But sometimes some companies create confusion due to their own profit. So don't consider much on those statements.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I see. Thanks for the reply. I guess not everyone have the 'right SEO recipe.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

HI.
No thats not true. Infact, keyword is the beast way to increase the ranking of your page.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzulfikri View Post
The plugin said that externally linking the focused keyword is bad for the website. Is this true?
First of all, where did he say that?

Second, depends on the context he wrote that in.

Here are 5 quotes that counter that advise (without seeing the context in which he wrote that in):
Quote:
What Others are Saying About Linking Out
Quote:
By its nature, a search engine looks for sites that are helpful to its end users. If the engine is ranking sites that aren’t useful to people, its user base will shrink. It’s in a search engine’s best interest to find and rank the most useful sites first.

With that in mind, when a search engine discovers a page pointing users in the direction of more useful information, that page will be given more credit.
Afraid to Link Out? Think Again – Search Engine Watch

Quote:
Creating outbound links on your site, or “linking out”, is our topic for Day 3 of Links Week. Linking out happens naturally, and for most webmasters, it’s not something you have to worry about. Nonetheless, in case you’re interested about an otherwise simple topic that’s fundamental to the web, here’s the good, the bad, and answers to more advanced questions asked by our fellow webmasters.
Linking out: Often it’s just applying common sense -Official Google Webmaster Central Blog

Quote:
As for costing PageRank – yes, it’s true. Technically, the original PR formula (described in great detail here by my grandfather, Si) dictates that any link equity spent on external pages is lost opportunity that could have been spent on internal pages. HOWEVER, I (and many other notable SEOs) have seen very compelling evidence to suggest that not only does linking out NOT harm a site’s rankings, it appears to carry some positive correlations with ranking, trust, etc. on both a page and domain-wide level. I’ll cover this more in my reasons to link out below.
5 Reasons You Should Link Out to Others From Your Website – SEOmoz

Quote:
I hope you will look around your online world today and figure out a way to give something back – whether it’s a link, a ReTweet or sharing some information. I do believe what goes around comes around. And I know that linking out is useful for SEO as well as Karma. You’re saying to Google and other search engines: this is my neighborhood and I am sticking/linking to it.
Link Building: Christmas Gifts and Gratitude – Social SEO

Quote:
Many of the poorly ranking websites that I am asked to fix share a common problem – they do not link out to any websites. Apparently, some people still think this is a terrible idea and go to extremes to never link out to anyone. Taking any idea to an extreme is generally never a good plan. By changing the outbound link policy, I have been able to help many sites boost their rankings. Let’s be clear – I am not talking about blindly linking to random sites. I am talking about linking out to quality websites that are relevant to the specific web page content.
Outbound Linking Can Boost Rankings – Michael Gray Graywolf’s SEO Blog
Reference: Are You Linking Out? You Should Be

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzulfikri View Post
I don't know where you are getting that statement from.

One of the key indicators the Yoast SEO plugin uses for optimal SEO of a post is that it DOES link to external pages.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

It only going to be true if you tried it.. every SEOs have a different approach when it comes to optimizing a website, and their technique that work for them might not work with yours..

Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Just mix it up a bit, so the search engines don't think you are messing with the algorhythm.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

HI
no, its not harmful just make sure that links are not spam, its should be from the good sites.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread