Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Question Directory Submission

I use a wide range of different sites and methods to create links mainly social bookmarking, article submission, blog commenting and yes you guessed it directory submissions (not very much recently).

My question is should I have recently started using new link building software which I personally think is better then SENUKE X and has the ability to submit to directories and I can create my own list of sites using ScrapeBox to ensure only high pr relevant sites make it onto my list.

Should I continue to submit to directories or is it not worth it any more I would love to hear al of your opinions on this.

(Just thought I would add I am not a noob who has my link building software spitting out millions of links each day I only submit to high pr highly relevant social bookmarking sites, directories and blogs)

Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Personally I think directory submission is just as useful still. New directories are always coming out, so obviously they are being used or else no one would bother. I personally use directories and know people who are currently building directory sites.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

As per my experience and my opinion .Directory submissions is a backbone of SEO.Its essential to do directory submission for better back links.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I will take these points into consideration as I have not done much directory submission in a long time but now I have Sick Submitter and Captcha Sniper so no need to pay for captchas either.

Plus I am scraping directory urls via ScrapeBox and only creating lists of directories of PR 1-10 no zero's.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JashandeepMax View Post
As per my experience and my opinion .Directory submissions is a backbone of SEO.Its essential to do directory submission for better back links.
serious? directories WERE good many years ago but the have minimal value and then ones that have value charge stupid money to insert a link.

like all backlink building you have to mix it up and have a wide range of media to increqase serps.

but directory submissions are def not the backbone of seo

Old 01-11-2012, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
serious? directories WERE good many years ago but the have minimal value and then ones that have value charge stupid money to insert a link.

like all backlink building you have to mix it up and have a wide range of media to increqase serps.

but directory submissions are def not the backbone of seo
I would say social bookmarking is the backbone of SEO/LinkBuilding now but I do have to say in the past and were not talking years and years ago I have had good results from directory link, I guess as I am only going to submit to those with genuine Google PR it can't do any harm and as I don't have to pay for captchas either whats the harm

Old 01-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

i got a few copies captcha sniper as well and its an ok product. No real harm in submitting anywhere the only "harm" is time!! i got no time to invest in link strategies that dont work.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I've seen only paid and high PR deep link directories provide quality back links while the free ones are waste of time.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelderkin View Post
I use a wide range of different sites and methods to create links mainly social bookmarking, article submission, blog commenting and yes you guessed it directory submissions (not very much recently).

My question is should I have recently started using new link building software which I personally think is better then SENUKE X and has the ability to submit to directories and I can create my own list of sites using ScrapeBox to ensure only high pr relevant sites make it onto my list.

Should I continue to submit to directories or is it not worth it any more I would love to hear al of your opinions on this.

(Just thought I would add I am not a noob who has my link building software spitting out millions of links each day I only submit to high pr highly relevant social bookmarking sites, directories and blogs)
In short, no... If you are having success manually then do not switch to using software. If it is a time issue I would much rather out source the work to someone else to do manually than to automate these tasks using software...

As for gathering high PR sites only. I worry that this could back fire on you because your backlinks will not appear natural, and could possibly be penalised. A balance of do follow, no follow and various pr websites usually work better. Just ensure they are relevant to you, are active and the content you provide (regardless of whether it is a short blog comment or a long guest post) is fresh, high quality and original.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yep. Directory submission is quite effective .. for paid ones only. The free directories doesn't seem to have an effect at all.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
How can you say that directory submissions is the backbone of seo?Did all those google algorithm updations effect this directory submission?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

directory submission does still help in boosting your website's rank on SEs but be sure to submit your site on directories that is really has it's weigh..

Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Do you have scrapebox if so scrape for directory footprints such as intxt:"Powered by PHPLD" there are hundreds for each platform

Old 01-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Hmm the back bone to SEO? maybe to linkbuilding.

But yes directory submitting is still worth it, try to find local directories, and niche directories. Also try to make sure the directories are well built directories that just dont accept every site.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
v7n Mentor

I think you have to be very selective when it comes to the directories you submit to. Many have become very spamy in nature, and can hurt your ranking. Many are not too different from link farms these days.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Dir submission is best technique of the seo. It is very useful for build backlinks and Improve the website ranking.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Latest Blog:
None

A backlink is still a backlink whether it's from bookmarking or from directory. If you submit to Good PR directories and in the right category, they do help in getting rankings.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurleen View Post
Dir submission is best technique of the seo. It is very useful for build backlinks and Improve the website ranking.
Did you read the replies in this thread yet?

I wouldn't call this the best technique but directory submission still has some value if you get your site listed on a high quality established web directory. There isn't a ton of them out there but some are still worth it to submit to.

Long time ago, spammers ruined the directory industry and Matt Cutt's prolly still hates web directories in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchbliss View Post
I think you have to be very selective when it comes to the directories you submit to. Many have become very spamy in nature, and can hurt your ranking. Many are not too different from link farms these days.
I agree with you.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Latest Blog:
None

My advice is to never use software or any other mass directory submission methods. Few directories matter to search engines these days and the ones that do seem to always involve payment. Two free ones that are still good are: DMOZ and Jayde.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am only thinking about reason of directory submission and why this is important.
I see such situation regarding directory submission - I submit my website and forget about the directory website. If I need to find something, I use google and not directory websites.

Main question - how important directory submission is for google. Actually, directories are websites, visited mostly by search engine optimizers. And visited only to submit their own websites. So where is value of directory websites.....?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum