Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

Satish,

SEO is the web form of marketing and marketing never had a fixed formula rather upcoming strategies is something which gives it a new path always.
The process that you use to follow is similar to something I follow when my clients go with the least price package of my several packages and it results too within 3-4 months directly on top of Google. But what I have seen that many companies or SEOs follow similar process but something they which I figured out as the quality of the content and its intensity to grab users eye to click on it and read it. After the freshness update Google is hungry of fresh content so better feed the sear4ch giant to be on its top. Also, keywords density also must be followed as per search engines requirement and when you hyperlink keywords in a content never link in the first paragraph which possibly be of 4 lines, try to link in the 2nd last and last paragraph.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:42 AM

It is not sufficient for good alexa rank and first page. You need strong on-page optimization and unique content for your site.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:52 AM
Banned

It doesn't matter how much link you are building but important factor is quality. And you are asking for a little amount of links for 1 position. You have to try hard for 1 position. So make quality links and more than your estimate.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Submitting 10 dir, 4 articles, 2 press release in a month is it sufficient
Good tactic, but also do not forget about internal optimization.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

there is no perticular rule for this.... it depends on competition on your keywords

Old 02-21-2012, 06:11 AM

Most important factors for improving website ranking:

Links in Content and industry related links
Classified Advertising
Advertising in a Blog Post Format
Social Media and Web 2.0 Concepts
Business Classifieds Directory
Listing a Business Web Site
Ad Network and Link Exchange
Text Ad Network
Link Wheel

Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Useful and information-rich content for readers is the one of the key factor to get top ranks on search engine.Natural link building will eventually follow it and many of them would create links for you.Reader/user experience is the main priority for search engines.

For linkbuilding create as much articles as you can and submit them to article directories. You will see search engines will start giving you respect more than others.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Latest Blog:
None

For getting first position in Google and alexa,you must do complete on page and off page optimization.You should optimize your site content and perform keyword analysis.You must build quality back links for your site.This can be done by using some techniques like directory submission,social book marking,forum posting and blog commenting.You can also do Social media optimization for your site.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chips Fletcher View Post
We have been working really hard on our position for seven months and are now top of page 2 for our chosen keywords "dog clothes uk". It takes time and patience to get to the top.
MAy i know how much time it will take approx?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barickiza View Post
Quality content and quality one way backlinks from related high pagerank websites, dofollow and nofollow.
Exactly your suggestions are matching to my strategies and as a result I got PR2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajveerthakre View Post
It is not sufficient for good alexa rank and first page. You need strong on-page optimization and unique content for your site.
You are guided me a right track thanks for that...I did same...got PR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmarketingxpert View Post
Satish,

SEO is the web form of marketing and marketing never had a fixed formula rather upcoming strategies is something which gives it a new path always.
The process that you use to follow is similar to something I follow when my clients go with the least price package of my several packages and it results too within 3-4 months directly on top of Google. But what I have seen that many companies or SEOs follow similar process but something they which I figured out as the quality of the content and its intensity to grab users eye to click on it and read it. After the freshness update Google is hungry of fresh content so better feed the sear4ch giant to be on its top. Also, keywords density also must be followed as per search engines requirement and when you hyperlink keywords in a content never link in the first paragraph which possibly be of 4 lines, try to link in the 2nd last and last paragraph.

I only knew abt the fresh contents, and thanks for suggesting the link building in paragraphs...

Last edited by snakeair; 02-23-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: merged posts- use multi quote feature

Old 02-23-2012, 02:33 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I agree with Rebecca, if it was only three, it would have been easy but it is very difficult to rank for high competitive keyword.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

It would have been easy if that three submissions are enough. There are many other and also it takes more time to rank high competitive keyword.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Latest Blog:
None

There are no specific work and timeline to get rank in first page. It is depends on many things, how competitive your keywords? what are the position of your competitors? your site is seo friendly? and there are seo friendly content? and depends on many factors. Beside the competition of first page is more tuff, so you have to generate quality backlinks and proper meta tagging, seo friendly website need and wait.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish View Post
For 1st page and best alexa rank, if we are submitting 10 dir, 4 articles, 2 press release in a month is it sufficient, if we go with this in how many months we see the results in 1st page...or we have to do more..please help
Your wasting to much that cannot top your site in Google.

Try promoting your keyword instead. Find .edu and .gov site and post your keyword with your domain, it will boost your keyword rank.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:39 AM

Ugh! I wish it was that easy!

As everyone has stated it depends on so many factors. But seems to depend mostly on how many of your competitors have a head start on you with their quality SEO work. Mine have quite long head start (they hired SEO companies years ago whereas I have tried to do it all myself) and I am trying to play catch up.

Here's a question: what will it take to beat out the competition that has a healthy head start? Is there any way?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Hmmmm it can be done, but not always. If you look at niches like your photography one, or music, movies, design etc. Companies have been around for years and have already got millions of links pointing back to their site. Best thing I can think of is using your competitive keywords/phrases mixed with a few that are related, searched for often, but have low competition. They could help you balance out and rank better.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
Hmmmm it can be done, but not always. If you look at niches like your photography one, or music, movies, design etc. Companies have been around for years and have already got millions of links pointing back to their site. Best thing I can think of is using your competitive keywords/phrases mixed with a few that are related, searched for often, but have low competition. They could help you balance out and rank better.
Good suggestions. Thanks!

What about trying to get links back to my site from higher PR sites than my competitors?

Won't be easy as several are listed with DMOZ and I haven't been able to get listed.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I'm not too sure about Dmoz, many people on a lot of different forums have actually given up on getting Dmoz listings. (I stand corrected though).

Getting authority links to your site would be good, but remember that your competition has already thought of that and have their own authority sites pointing back, so it won't be easy. Plus there is the realm of the underworld where people use and abuse SEO to give them their page one rankings in days, you might have quite a bit of competition from them as well.

All i can really say/advise is to keep your content fresh and unique, use your images in your SEO campaign, and use a mix of nofollow and dofollow links for back links. make sure that these links are from good neighborhoods and not link farms etc. and that the pages they link from to you are authority sites and at least related to your niche. Whatever link building technique you decide to use, remember automation is never the answer, 3 way link exchanges, link pyramids, link magnets and the like are not a good way to go about getting links either and could ice your site before it gets off the starting block.

You could also use the webmaster tools. When you have added the analytics code, the webmaster tools can monitor your site and look for broken links, other crawl errors, it can show how your keywords are doing in searches (impressions vs clicks), and it can show you a few related keywords you can use that you would not have thought of. There is a lot more, but you would be able to see that for yourself if you use the tool.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYoungPhoto View Post
What about trying to get links back to my site from higher PR sites than my competitors?
I wouldn't think that much about the PageRank if I'm going to build a relationship that's going to boost my reputation. Try interacting with the people who own the places where you place your links. That way, you're going to expand your network, plus there's going to be a chance that they're going to build links for you without you even asking them.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post

All i can really say/advise is to keep your content fresh and unique, use your images in your SEO campaign, and use a mix of nofollow and dofollow links for back links.
Will do. Cheers mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldNitram View Post
I wouldn't think that much about the PageRank if I'm going to build a relationship that's going to boost my reputation. Try interacting with the people who own the places where you place your links. That way, you're going to expand your network, plus there's going to be a chance that they're going to build links for you without you even asking them.
Is this in particular reference to forums and blogs? I'm not sure which other sites I could build relationships with the owner other than those. Any ideas you could post would be helpful.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread