Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-10-2012, 04:40 AM

Where can i learn best SEO technique ?

Hi,
I am new to the SEO, but have good knowelge in internet and found some online ebooks for the same.
but still there are lot's doubt in my mind. I have found that one should start SEO with submitting directory to many directry website, then article submission , social bookmarking , blog commenting , and forum posting to get the backlinks. But still confusing as i have read some blog's and forum post , some say's that social bookmarking and forums is bad for seo or not good. But some some say's that these are good. So anyone please can help me what is the best for SEO ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 AM
v7n Mentor

Your doing the right thing. Keep reading and learning. Over time you will get a better picture on what is generally considered good/bad.

tip: check the age and trustworthyness of whatever you read.

Share what your project is about and some of us here may be able to give you specific tips.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:10 AM

your on the right track dude. just dont use any black hat methods

Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I suggest you to read seo online from seomoz.org. I found it the best among all. Infact, I got my technical expertise from this site.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

SEO is more practical work than reading about the SEO.If you want to learn SEO then please follow : http://www.webconfs.com/seo-tutorial/.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirongzhi View Post
Self-study is the most stupid solution, you can find some training company about seo
Rubbish, there is plenty of good information freely available for self-study, there is no need to pay for training. Are there any recognized SEO qualifications anyway?

Old 02-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Build a website and get it optimized while you take care of the link building effort. The best way to learn is by doing it from scratch..

Old 02-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

I just dove in and did a Google search for SEO tips, techniques and others. There is a lot of good free information on google. You can also elect to pay to have it done, but you don't gain the knowledge or experience if you have others to it. I'm just starting out myself and find I'm learning a lot more doing it myself. Trial and error.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:12 PM

First learn about your onsite seo, dmoz is a good site to start. As far as link building, more is always better, don't listen to that rubbish that you can get banned for to many links, if that were true people would just blast a boat load of links to their competition. But diversity and quality play a bigger role now. Social proof in the form of FB shares, tweet and G+1 seem to have taken on a more important role also. And you will certainly learn more from free sources then from any paid training.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:14 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirongzhi View Post
Self-study is the most stupid solution, you can find some training company about seo
"...the most stupid solution..." Correct your grammar before using the word "stupid", then back up your statement.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Spam

Yes, you can go for the training and stuff like that, but that isn't supposed to stop you from studying SEO by yourself, jirongzhi. There are a lot of good SEO resources on the Internet that everyone can read.

To the OP: About what the "best" SEO technique is, it's actually learning everything and doing it all in a perfect chorus.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Latest Blog:
None

For beginners ' http://www.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-seo ' it is the best tutorial.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinjnes View Post
Hi,
I am new to the SEO, but have good knowelge in internet and found some online ebooks for the same.
but still there are lot's doubt in my mind. I have found that one should start SEO with submitting directory to many directry website, then article submission , social bookmarking , blog commenting , and forum posting to get the backlinks. But still confusing as i have read some blog's and forum post , some say's that social bookmarking and forums is bad for seo or not good. But some some say's that these are good. So anyone please can help me what is the best for SEO ?

You are reading right things. Just avoid black hat seo techniques. How to start in SEO is one of the most confusing things.

Tip#1 - Make a blog on Wordpress or Blogger

Tip#2 - Apply On-Page seo activities - and you can visit here http://www.gravityinformatics.com/bl...s-for-ranking/

Tip#3 Write Some useful content for readers
Top#4 Start off-page work to create some links
Tip#5 Don't forget to share your updated post on social sites

Be happy Just keep updated in SEO and avoid spammy techniques

Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Contributing Member

You are the right way dear. You can also watch on line free tutorial to get some more secret tricks regarding the SEO. These videos tutorial make you to easily understand the things.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Read this forum and other, like seomoz, searchengineland etc. And the most important thing is to experiment

Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

Build a few free tester websites and blogs and just keep testing methods until you find one that really works. I started with yola then moved to wordpress and typepad great ways to test the water at a low cost.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think this forum discussion is enough for SEO, all the techniques are perfect which are u mentioned, 2nd social bookmark is needed at the initial stage from my point of view and forum posting it works, not bad at all.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

From my experience, I learned many things from webmaster forums such as this forum but to be able to learn seo, you must apply what you have read and actually experience all the ups and downs of SEO because you can learn so much from a single mistake in seo. Also learning seo is an ongoing process, it does not end after a year of learning, its evolving.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 PM

Yes best is should start submissions with directories. And should submit low page rank Social book markings , articles etc....for newly created websites and high page rank submissions for old sites. Better teacher for learning SEO is google.com You have any doubt just cross check in google and you will get reliable answer.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Forum posting and social bookmarking not bad, but if you will get backlinks in bulk and according to spamming then its bad for your website.

"seomoz" website really too good, you can learn various techniques and read or watch video tutorials. And seomoz have paid membership for SEO training.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum