Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Does anyone feel like an SEO Slave?

Hi All,

It can't just be me.........isn't SEO link building a real
hassle? I mean finding quality links, making sure that
they stay linked to you, etc.

And then Google always changes the rules or they
take a dim view of your site for some unknown
reason...........

Be Well
Don

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 12:03 PM

I always think of seo like a high mantainence girlfreind. You try to give them everything they want, you are never sure if you gave them something they liked and they are always changing their minds. But, yes, I feel your pain

Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Berg View Post
Hi All,

It can't just be me.........isn't SEO link building a real
hassle? I mean finding quality links, making sure that
they stay linked to you, etc.

And then Google always changes the rules or they
take a dim view of your site for some unknown
reason...........

Be Well
Don
You feel like a "slave" because you're putting too much into getting and keeping backlinks. It's a big waste of time. Create content worth linking to, and people will link to it. Some may disagree, or want the "quick fix", but in my experience, the organic backlinks my main site has acquired over the past 12 years have done far more in generating actual traffic from "interested" visitors.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

I think at start... some first 6 months need to do seo. OK, if to create very good content and many pages, then can work without seo.
But it is true - seo takes time.. place links and can not be sure if the links will be approved

Old 02-11-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchbliss View Post
You feel like a "slave" because you're putting too much into getting and keeping backlinks. It's a big waste of time. Create content worth linking to, and people will link to it. Some may disagree, or want the "quick fix", but in my experience, the organic backlinks my main site has acquired over the past 12 years have done far more in generating actual traffic from "interested" visitors.
Hi Searchbliss,

Good point.........the Backlinks can be very effective. Work smarter
not harder, eh?

Regards
Don

Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

Me particulary, I dont feel like an "SEO Slave" I mean it is just part of the game. It might not be something that a webmaster may enjoy, but it is entailed within the job description.

Its like being a police officer who does not like to give traffic tickets, it is something that comes with the territory, so by looking at it from this perspective, you should not allow it to get on your nerves and/or tick you off.

Much Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster

Old 02-12-2012, 04:17 AM

Hi, SEO is not slave because you can earn revenue from your website as much as you can. It depends on your quality work you do.

Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

SEO is a never ending story. Always have to update oneself with the latest developments in the search engine industry.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiologyWebmaster View Post
Me particulary, I dont feel like an "SEO Slave" I mean it is just part of the game. It might not be something that a webmaster may enjoy, but it is entailed within the job description.

Its like being a police officer who does not like to give traffic tickets, it is something that comes with the territory, so by looking at it from this perspective, you should not allow it to get on your nerves and/or tick you off.

Much Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster
Hi BiologyWebmaster,

I suppose but is it the wisest use of our time? With so many other
scalable marketing methods, I question how "time-efficient" SEO
marketing is............

Be Well
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoshub View Post
Hi, SEO is not slave because you can earn revenue from your website as much as you can. It depends on your quality work you do.
Hi seoshub,

Yes, but don't you think there are more profitable methods of
Internet Marketing?

Regards
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netspider View Post
SEO is a never ending story. Always have to update oneself with the latest developments in the search engine industry.
Hi Netspider,

Agreed! It is like a bad soap opera! And then Google slaps you
down for some obscure reason.................

Regards
Don

Last edited by snakeair; 02-12-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: merged posts- use multi quote feature

Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned

For me, as long as I love what I am doing, which is SEO, every second doesn't count as work because at the end of the day, the effort will still pay off.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Hi Searchbliss,

Good point.........the Backlinks can be very effective. Work smarter
not harder, eh?

Regards
Don
Correct.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member

Well, to be honest, I see it like any other business. In order to stay in business and make money, you always have to adopt to new changes and new age. SEO is basically the same thing. No gain, no pain my friend!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi BiologyWebmaster,

I suppose but is it the wisest use of our time? With so many other
scalable marketing methods, I question how "time-efficient" SEO
marketing is............
There are most certainly other methods available to webmasters for marketing their sites. I also do agree that one should utilize all methods of marketing available to them.

My fear for other webmasters is that they seriously under-utilize SEO, simply because it is truly time consuming. Many can feel that SEO is a waste of time, or that both their time and efforts are better used towards other tasks.

This conception, in my opinion is false, don't become a slave to SEO, but don't let it go either. Like a farmer, who does not tend his crops!

Much Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster

Old 02-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Administrator

SEO is not a one shot thing. Things change, mostly because someone figures out how to screw it up for the rest of us.

I do find through reading the posts in different webmaster forums that too many people are too obsessed with getting links. Let me explain, yes you need incoming links as social proof that your site is good but why not work on your site so you don't have to go hunting for places to link drop. Earn those incoming links naturally. It truly is possible. Work on your on-site and on-page SEO to get yourself in the search results for your chosen keyword phrase. Create great content for your chosen target audience. Driving traffic to the site is not the only task you want to accomplish. You want the traffic to stick around, explore, bookmark, signup for your newsletter/RSS feed and/or make a purchase, what ever your goal is for the site.

Speaking of RSS feed, if you have a Wordpress blog (a self installed one anyways) and no one has messed with the installation it pings Ping-o-Matic automatically each time your create a new post. (Look under Writing)
Quote:
Ping-O-Matic is a service to update different search engines that your blog has updated.
Reference: pingomatic.com

There, you have already created some backlinks just by writing a blog post. Some will be a hit, some will not. Keep pluging at it and the links will come.

The only slave part I see is you keeping up to date with what changes have been made to eliminate those who manipulate the system.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 AM
Contributing Member

'SEO slave' - haha I know what you mean! It can get rather monotonous and disheartening but then I try and remember that it could be worse and I could be working for someone else earning an average wage.

I agree with what has been posted though regarding the fact that if you feel your SEO work is literally getting too much then your efforts may be better placed creating something of value in terms of your content instead of thinking 'links links links'!

Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
I agree with what has been posted though regarding the fact that if you feel your SEO work is literally getting too much then your efforts may be better placed creating something of value in terms of your content instead of thinking 'links links links'!
SEO is not just about "links, links, links"!

SEO encompasses many other facets in order to be optimally achieved. For example, ON-PAGE SEO has little to do with links. Formatting your site site's content in a manner which allows search engines to rank your content better.

Article creation is also a part of SEO, as well as reputation management.

Much Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster

Old 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiologyWebmaster View Post
SEO is not just about "links, links, links"!

SEO encompasses many other facets in order to be optimally achieved. For example, ON-PAGE SEO has little to do with links. Formatting your site site's content in a manner which allows search engines to rank your content better.

Article creation is also a part of SEO, as well as reputation management.

Much Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster
SEO is about 80% linking, where else or how else can a search engine give a site authority?

Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 PM

I feel your pain, its def not the most glamorous part of my day. BUT, it is something that definitely needs to get done. Have you thought about outsourcing this work, maybe hiring a VA?

Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyw1967 View Post
I always think of seo like a high mantainence girlfreind. You try to give them everything they want, you are never sure if you gave them something they liked and they are always changing their minds. But, yes, I feel your pain

Haha dear first time i am hearing new definition of SEO. You are 100% true dear.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I always think of seo like a high mantainence girlfreind.
I agree with you. SEO is like a girl that you need to widen your understanding and look for a solution when everything seems wrong.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum