Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Share your search queries for finding/building backlinks

I think there is to much generic info being passed around on this forum. Some is very good stuff but I am tired of the same discussions on someone asking about link building and 20 people just saying "post to forums", "write articles and submit them", "post on blogs", etc... Great but where do I go from there. How do I easily find good candidate blogs to post on, how do i find forums that i can post on while avoiding all the regular junk that gets tossed in when searching google for "insurance forums" (just using that as an example).

I wanted to use this thread to see if some people would share some tips on how they find great places to create new links using google's search.

For example. I have used this search to find forums that i can register for related to insurance/health

(siterg | site:edu | site:com) + (“powered by vbulletin” | “powered by smf” | "vBSEO" | "phpbb" | "powered by vBulletin™" | "vBulletin®") + ("insurance" | "health")

Anyone have any other tips or phrases that they use to help...?

Old 02-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Orlando - here is what I do. I like to provide guests posts on other blogs. This is a great way to get new visitors to your site and to start creating a relationship with them. Here is how I go about it:

1) I'll do a google search for "my niche" blogs or "my niche" guest posts
2) I'll get a list of all the blogs that I think provide quality content to their visitors
3) I'll check alexa to see how much traffic that blog gets on a monthly basis - if its acceptable i'll move forward
4) I'll look for ways to get in contact with the owner or webmaster and see if there is any way they would accept a guest blog post from me
5) I'll create high quality, relevant content to submit with a bio about me at the footer or the post.

This is a great way to create new relationships and to get new visitors to your site. Try it out, it works!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Administrator

You could find related blogs/sites to follow in a RSS feed reader. Watch the topics then make appropriate contributions to the discussion (not spam them for the link).

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:29 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by odlanor9 View Post
Orlando - here is what I do. I like to provide guests posts on other blogs. This is a great way to get new visitors to your site and to start creating a relationship with them. Here is how I go about it:

1) I'll do a google search for "my niche" blogs or "my niche" guest posts
2) I'll get a list of all the blogs that I think provide quality content to their visitors
3) I'll check alexa to see how much traffic that blog gets on a monthly basis - if its acceptable i'll move forward
4) I'll look for ways to get in contact with the owner or webmaster and see if there is any way they would accept a guest blog post from me
5) I'll create high quality, relevant content to submit with a bio about me at the footer or the post.

This is a great way to create new relationships and to get new visitors to your site. Try it out, it works!
IMO, this is the absolute best way to get traffic! And, it's the gift that keeps on giving... You publish a guest post somewhere and, as people read it, they syndicate it on their own sites, all the while with your expertise and your link on display for the world to see.

One way to make your search easier is to google "my niche" + "write for us". That way, you'll get taken right to the sites that encourage guest posts. Another way to find opportunities is to sign up for the free services at My Blog Guest and Cathy Stucker's email list. Both will put you in touch with blog owners that are looking for quality content, and you can even advertise your own posts that you'd like to syndicate.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebeckett View Post
IMO, this is the absolute best way to get traffic! And, it's the gift that keeps on giving... You publish a guest post somewhere and, as people read it, they syndicate it on their own sites, all the while with your expertise and your link on display for the world to see.

One way to make your search easier is to google "my niche" + "write for us". That way, you'll get taken right to the sites that encourage guest posts. Another way to find opportunities is to sign up for the free services at My Blog Guest and Cathy Stucker's email list. Both will put you in touch with blog owners that are looking for quality content, and you can even advertise your own posts that you'd like to syndicate.
Correct again...

There was a seomoz article about finding guest posts with twitter. The guy shared a google docs spreadsheet where you can enter the keyword, the script makes a list in 5 seconds of links in tweets. Then you can check if the sites are good and relevant to your site. It's a brilliant idea and works really good.

This spreadsheet is shared in a google doc, here is the link:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...reEFwd2c#gid=1

Just enter the keyword into B1, wait until urls appear, then copy the links into ontolo and paste good sites into column D.

Learn more from here:
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/want-gues...a-twitter-tool

Enjoy : )

Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoInsurance View Post
I think there is to much generic info being passed around on this forum. Some is very good stuff but I am tired of the same discussions on someone asking about link building and 20 people just saying "post to forums", "write articles and submit them", "post on blogs", etc... Great but where do I go from there. How do I easily find good candidate blogs to post on, how do i find forums that i can post on while avoiding all the regular junk that gets tossed in when searching google for "insurance forums" (just using that as an example).

I wanted to use this thread to see if some people would share some tips on how they find great places to create new links using google's search.

For example. I have used this search to find forums that i can register for related to insurance/health

(siterg | site:edu | site:com) + (“powered by vbulletin” | “powered by smf” | "vBSEO" | "phpbb" | "powered by vBulletin™" | "vBulletin®") + ("insurance" | "health")

Anyone have any other tips or phrases that they use to help...?
Fwiw, using Google operators to that purpose has not gone entirely unheralded within the threads here... for example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by denysaputra View Post
Old methods, but this will very useful for who are new on this field
Just open Google.com then,

“Powered by PHPbb”
“Powered by vBulletin”
“Powered by SMF”
“powered by Simple Machines”
inurl:/index.php?action=register
“powered by punBB”
“powered by expressionengine” “yourkeyword” site:.uk
“powered by expressionengine” “yourkeyword” site:.us
“powered by expressionengine” “yourkeyword” site:.eu
“powered by expressionengine” “yourkeyword” site:.uk
“powered by expressionengine” “yourkeyword” site:.us
“powered by expressionengine” “yourkeyword” site:.eu

Enjoy backlinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajtour View Post
yes, similarly, you can search for forums also.

Use “Powered by PHPbb” keyword for searching your niche forums...

You can also use “Powered by vBulletin”, “Powered by SMF”, “powered by Simple Machines”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashique Raheem View Post
Use a firefox plugin searchstatus or something that would highlight nofollow links and then search in google for these forums.

"powered by vbulletin" + intitle:"Car"|"Auto"|"Bikes"

Likewise use other forums to scrape forums like "powered by punbb", "powered by smf" and so on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by webhostingrebates View Post
Search for forums built on the most common platforms:

<keyword phrase> "powered by phpBB"
<keyword phrase> "powered by vBulletin"
<keyword phrase> "powered by myBB"
Just a few samples. That said, I'm sure a lotta the discussions here are covering ground already covered... it's hard not to sometimes. The trechnique has merit of course.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Contributing Member

Those last few posts were not generic or Fluffy in their nature or content. That level of information and sharing will keep me busy for the rest of the afternoon. Thanks for the tips and techniques.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum