Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Contributing Member

There is spinning content and then there is spinning garbage. Spinning content has been done long before the internet came along. Many news and media outlets do it till this day, even online media.

Using one of those junk software spinners is not a great idea because you normally do end up with garbage content. There are many that use a fully human controlled spinner though, what that means is all the content written is written by the author. No pre-set database of words, no curly braces with brackets, and no word replace systems.

By using a human controlled spinner you can get 80%+ in uniqueness and again all words written have been done by the writer. You can see a 100% free to use human controlled article rewriter here - Free Online Article ReWriter. Try it out and you will see what I mean.

By spinning your content with a human controlled spinner you now have the ability to create mini ebooks to give away, creating blog posts, creating pdf's to upload on sites such as scribd.com, and many other ways to re-purpose your content.

Spinning articles has nothing to do with changing a few words in your articles. It has nothing to do with replacing words from a pre-set database of words. It certainly has nothing to do with a duplicate content myth. The purpose of spinning articles has been perverted by many marketers over the years just to sell junky software or mass submission service.

Notice I did not mention anything about submitting spun articles to article directories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Google doesn't like article spinning period. I wouldn't even attempt to spin any content. It's just a cheap way of getting out of writing original content.

Decorate Your Website For The Holidays - 2014 Graphics Pack

Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Google doesn't like article spinning period. I wouldn't even attempt to spin any content. It's just a cheap way of getting out of writing original content.
The thing is even Google is not perfect when it comes to detecting which content is spun and which is just extremely similar. Happens when there are millions of articles on the internet.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHeron View Post
The thing is even Google is not perfect when it comes to detecting which content is spun and which is just extremely similar. Happens when there are millions of articles on the internet.
I've noticed this in the search result's. Google will eventually catchup and nail the sites that actually deserve to be nailed. No one knows what the next Panda update or algorithm change will do so I just stay away from spinning. (Sorry, no one can change my mind on this)

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Contributing Member

I like this topic. It's something alot of people need to approach.

In the new web development industry age, people see something, read alittle and think they understand it and can do it. Im from the old school era, where you crammed much knowledge because you only have one chance for a first impression... now it's get what you can, as much as you can, when you can online and spam it everywhere... blink afew times... and waala SEO!

All new, or long term webmasters need to stop re-posting content and articles over and over and over and over. It's a mess. Atleast change up the article and re-write it in full or add some personal edited content as well.

If your the author like Misssta with the article, then yes post it and submit it everywhere you wish. As a writter, you want your work read and you want that fan-base so encourage yourself to spread your articles and work where you can. 1, 20 or more sites is fine.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

What do you think of PLR? These seem to be the major source of web spam, but they work so no one's stopping the spread and use of PLR. Even product sellers provide their affiliates with PLR articles and they somehow work in improving rankings, despite having been used a few thousand tiems before.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Contributing Member

While most PLR is trash, it depends upon who done the writing and if the PLR packs are limited. I know some that sell very high quality PLR packs but they are limited. Once they reach 5 sales they no longer sell them.

The PLR they produce is what Google wants though, they are written with PSAD and SEQ.

Quote:
What do you think of PLR? These seem to be the major source of web spam, but they work so no one's stopping the spread and use of PLR. Even product sellers provide their affiliates with PLR articles and they somehow work in improving rankings, despite having been used a few thousand tiems before.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:50 AM

Yes 100% rite Google still working with Duplicates. But depends I will suggest spin article except all duplicates.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Not only for Article, in any submission same content post in different sites are spamming according to Google's Panda update. Please do not run behind quantity, it will better if you can main quality yet this number in less not factor. One back link in a submission in good practice, because if you put more than one back link in a content, search engine will consider these one back link.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

In my view point ,it is not valued one.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM

Few months back article submission was a good way for link building but now its going down by the time,It started because people start posting duplicate content and was assuming to get money from their blogs but now not any more they can continue with it,SE bot as soon crawl the duplicate content it will send to the sandbox,so avoid posting duplicate content and be original.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

As everybody says these days - Google stops indexing and devalues spun articles. So, the conclusion - 1 article to one site - blog, directory and so on...

Old 03-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

This is not a true statement, Google devalues poor content period. Has nothing to do with properly spun articles and nothing to do with syndication. If others want to waste their time submitting 1 article to 1 site then that is their choice.

Let's get facts straight though - Google wants high quality content and syndication of that content is perfectly fine and that is in the google webmaster guidelines. Sure spun garbage is nothing but spun garbage but you can spin content to be high quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousee View Post
As everybody says these days - Google stops indexing and devalues spun articles. So, the conclusion - 1 article to one site - blog, directory and so on...

Old 03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

OMG where do you people think up this stuff ??

Sorry for 2 post in a row but seriously this post is so wrong. There is no duplicate content penalty, this is a myth. Syndication of content is perfectly fine and many do it everyday with press releases, articles, and content and not once do these people get punished.

I own syndication websites so I know perfectly well that Google does not punish anyone. The problem is many listened to those so called experts and submitted articles to content farms, it is the content farms that got punished for all the junk content and ads left and right.

Syndication of high quality content to quality websites is a totally different ball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkonnect View Post
Few months back article submission was a good way for link building but now its going down by the time,It started because people start posting duplicate content and was assuming to get money from their blogs but now not any more they can continue with it,SE bot as soon crawl the duplicate content it will send to the sandbox,so avoid posting duplicate content and be original.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
There is no right or wrong, best SEO practices are done by helping a user learn something new. People (users) go online to get information, interact, and buy things.

You are better off writing one really good article and sharing it with many people on social networks and getting your links CLICKED ON rather than just have 10 less qualitative articles written with no one to click on it.

Not to mention the fact that you are taking a risk and one day you might lose all of your rankings.

What your doing is spamming in a sense, I dont want to read 5 articles. I only want to read one article, and preferably a good one : )

After I read a good article I share it, I bookmark it, I learned from it, and I click on some of the links... I dont rewrite it for my users. I would rather spend my time coming up with unique content for them.

Totally agree. SEO must be focus on people. Google's Matt Cutts said hundreds of times that even if your website is not entirely "seoed", but you have great content, you will rank better.

Of course SEO will help google and others to read and understand your content, however, make it to people. Why not publishing your content in one site only, and get it promoted by social media? Get clicks, google will follow.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
While most PLR is trash, it depends upon who done the writing and if the PLR packs are limited. I know some that sell very high quality PLR packs but they are limited. Once they reach 5 sales they no longer sell them.

The PLR they produce is what Google wants though, they are written with PSAD and SEQ.
But those limited PLR packs will no doubt be redistributed, whether this is legal or not, so in my opinion it's always better to have your own writers.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Well this is true to some degree. I personally do not mess with PLR anything but if used properly they can have benefits. You would need to make sure they are limited and also make sure you edit them to include semantically related words.

I normally write all my own stuff but I have some very highly qualified writers on my marketing forum that I use from time to time when I get busy with other things.

Quote:
But those limited PLR packs will no doubt be redistributed, whether this is legal or not, so in my opinion it's always better to have your own writers.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Well this is true to some degree. I personally do not mess with PLR anything but if used properly they can have benefits. You would need to make sure they are limited and also make sure you edit them to include semantically related words.

I normally write all my own stuff but I have some very highly qualified writers on my marketing forum that I use from time to time when I get busy with other things.
In the past i had a issue with people submitting content to my blog that was PLR. I'm slowly removing them as i add fresh content. Because of Google's changes, I am hard on content submitted to my blog for approval.

Most of the blog posts now are by me and i'm not the best writer in the world but at least people know it's me who is writing it. lol

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Contributing Member

Oh yeah I agree, I do not let anyone post on my blogs. Like you I am not the best writer in the world but I get my message across and sometimes have a few of the writers on my forum proof read some stuff before I post . . lol

Quote:
In the past i had a issue with people submitting content to my blog that was PLR. I'm slowly removing them as i add fresh content. Because of Google's changes, I am hard on content submitted to my blog for approval.

Most of the blog posts now are by me and i'm not the best writer in the world but at least people know it's me who is writing it. lol

Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah. Definitely, it would be considered as a duplicate content. So better you can rewrite it to avoid duplication and submit more directories. Hope rewriting the same thing wont let you take much time.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Contributing Member

Stop stating things as facts that are not facts. Please read the thread, you may learn something. Syndication is NOT duplicate content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchrist View Post
Yeah. Definitely, it would be considered as a duplicate content. So better you can rewrite it to avoid duplication and submit more directories. Hope rewriting the same thing wont let you take much time.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum