Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:45 PM
snakeair's Avatar
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
I have been wondering why people waste their time with useless adsense filled article directories for years. Always post your own content to your own site first and then syndicate to sites that are built for syndication. This has always been and always will be a better way.
Perhaps i'm wrong about this but people still think they can be as popular as EzineAricles and become a premium adsense publisher with ton's of traffic coming in. Google put a stop to low quality/content farm article directories with the Panda updates anyways.

I don't submit to article directories no more. In fact, i think i haven't submitted any articles this year to any article directory. Just writing on my blog a few days a week or whenever i have something to write about.
__________________
Staff @WPArena.com
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #82 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I have not posted on any article directory (except my own) in over 2 years because I know how useless they are. As for ezine articles I have not posted on there in over 3 years because the site was full of nothing but junk and ads.

I agree many do think they can become popular and get all that $$$$ from adsense. Personally I do not use adsense and never will on any of my sites. I love ad free sites and thus I have always used ad free sites.

I actually had someone ask me one day "how do you monetize your marketing forum" I answered with 2 simple words "I Don't". So the next question was "then how do you make money". I explained that this was a little more complex to answer but I will give you a basic answer that can help you understand.

My answer was:

"I provide high quality valuable content for readers to actually learn proven methods of marketing. I then provide as an option for them to join as an elite member and get access to the secret marketing plan, which cost a modest $24 for 20 year access."

This guy told me he still did not understand so I told him that I could take him by the hand and teach him how ad free websites can make money but I would have to charge him for personal 1 on 1 training. I have not heard from him again for some reason.

I realize I am rambling on here so my point is if anyone thinks they are going to make money by posting quality content on adsense content farms then at some point in time I guess they will learn the hard way.

Many of us have been teaching for years how useless it is to waste your time and your quality content with such sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Perhaps i'm wrong about this but people still think they can be as popular as EzineAricles and become a premium adsense publisher with ton's of traffic coming in. Google put a stop to low quality/content farm article directories with the Panda updates anyways.

I don't submit to article directories no more. In fact, i think i haven't submitted any articles this year to any article directory. Just writing on my blog a few days a week or whenever i have something to write about.
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Pamper Me Pretty Girl Aug 19th 2017 - Vegas Craft Shows Fall Fest 17 & Black Friday
 
Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-04-11
Posts: 283
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalReza View Post
Hi MissTa,

Many marketers or gurus out there tough us to submit an articles to many articles directory but they didn't realize that the content may assume as duplicate. I have ask to several top gurus, they said Google is not the only search engine. So that's no problem if you want to submit it to many directories.

But what I do is submit same article to 4-5 articles directory, rewrite and start over.
does same article submission to 4-5 article directory work? if this work then have try on this.

thanks for sharing
 
Reply With Quote
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-20-12
Posts: 116
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Depends upon the article directory and the structure of how things are setup. If your article on an article directory is setup to instantly have link juice flowing to it and then all the link juice flows to your site then it matters a great deal. Now granted there is only 1 article directory setup this way but the fact is just because those lame content farms that are loaded down with ads was punished by Google does not mean all sites was.
What would you say are good directories other than EZA?
 
Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-04-11
Posts: 283
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHeron View Post
What would you say are good directories other than EZA?
there are many more good article directory where we can submit article. be sure about do follow links

great idea on making add free article directory. i search your directory from your signature links.

it's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
This is the reason why I built an article directory 100% different than the others. Article marketing is meant to empower your website, you can't do this with other article directories because they have ads all over your articles and far too many links.

Because of all the ads and links no link juice can be passed on to your site and most the time any possible visitors click on those ads before they even read your article. So I built a custom article directory that is 100% ad free and allows link juice to flow to your website.

While many was running around being proud of having that ezine articles article listed on page 1 of Google my members was running around being proud of having their site rank on page 1 of Google.
find bellow text from your discussion, "cost a modest $24 for 20 year access", it's too long time for membership.


"I provide high quality valuable content for readers to actually learn proven methods of marketing. I then provide as an option for them to join as an elite member and get access to the secret marketing plan, which cost a modest $24 for 20 year access."


great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
I have not posted on any article directory (except my own) in over 2 years because I know how useless they are. As for ezine articles I have not posted on there in over 3 years because the site was full of nothing but junk and ads.

I agree many do think they can become popular and get all that $$$$ from adsense. Personally I do not use adsense and never will on any of my sites. I love ad free sites and thus I have always used ad free sites.

I actually had someone ask me one day "how do you monetize your marketing forum" I answered with 2 simple words "I Don't". So the next question was "then how do you make money". I explained that this was a little more complex to answer but I will give you a basic answer that can help you understand.

My answer was:

"I provide high quality valuable content for readers to actually learn proven methods of marketing. I then provide as an option for them to join as an elite member and get access to the secret marketing plan, which cost a modest $24 for 20 year access."

This guy told me he still did not understand so I told him that I could take him by the hand and teach him how ad free websites can make money but I would have to charge him for personal 1 on 1 training. I have not heard from him again for some reason.

I realize I am rambling on here so my point is if anyone thinks they are going to make money by posting quality content on adsense content farms then at some point in time I guess they will learn the hard way.

Many of us have been teaching for years how useless it is to waste your time and your quality content with such sites.

Last edited by snakeair; 03-31-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: merged posts - Use the multi-quote feature
 
Reply With Quote
  #86 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2012, 03:38 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 03-28-12
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
use 1 article to 20 good sites.
 
Reply With Quote
  #87 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2012, 05:08 AM
mikesideas's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 03-30-12
Posts: 203
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I have always used enzine and i have always had good results - when i make my articles i make one very large article about 1600 words,then i summarize it up into 3 different smaller articles. Not spinning i rewrite the whole article but i just get to the point of the actual article a lot faster. Sometimes i link the 3 different articles together to give users the option to read the short/small/full version.

Also the duplicate content should not be your problem,it should be the site hosting the duplicate contents problem,as this is out of your control.

I am no expert so i cant be sure everything i said is 100% accurate but it works quite well for me.
 
Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 AM
snakeair's Avatar
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenEngel View Post
use 1 article to 20 good sites.
Why 20?

Where did you get this figure from?
__________________
Staff @WPArena.com
 
Reply With Quote
  #89 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Due to the fact that I own an ad free article directory and 250+ ad free syndication sites I would probably be bias in answering this. I have found all article directories to be useless except mine. I do not say that because it is mine, I say that for several reasons.

* All my sites are 100% ad free, meaning all link juice is passed
* All my sites are do follow, meaning value is kept on links
* I personally bookmark many of the articles at random, something no other article directory does
* I fully explain article marketing to my authors
* I have far many more tools than just an article directory

I make good use of social sites also such as livejournal, multiply, jamespot, and etc. On top of that I also have 5 blogs that I post on and at random I will take authors articles and syndicate them on my blogs, again something no other article directory does.

You see it has nothing to do with how high the PR of an article directory has or even what their alexa rank is. It has far more to do with what is that article directory going to do for you as an author, this is what makes a top article directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHeron View Post
What would you say are good directories other than EZA?
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Pamper Me Pretty Girl Aug 19th 2017 - Vegas Craft Shows Fall Fest 17 & Black Friday
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.