Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Article submission, same article on many site

Hi,
For some website I make 1 article and post on 20 good article site i hear people say that its duplicate content and only 1 article cont.

I do this for about 7 website and post anchor link back for 3 keyword for all article and I get all in first page. Not first ranking but still it work.

I think Google still count link from duplicate article but just not put them in when people search?

Is this right?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 02:16 AM

Hi MissTa,

Many marketers or gurus out there tough us to submit an articles to many articles directory but they didn't realize that the content may assume as duplicate. I have ask to several top gurus, they said Google is not the only search engine. So that's no problem if you want to submit it to many directories.

But what I do is submit same article to 4-5 articles directory, rewrite and start over.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Spam

Take note that it does work only for a short amount of time. If ever people would spot your duplicate content, they have the power to report your content as such and have it removed, thus removing your backlinks. Better be careful with that.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member

After Google Panda, Google started penalizing sites which has too many links from duplicate or sloppy content.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTa View Post
Hi,
For some website I make 1 article and post on 20 good article site i hear people say that its duplicate content and only 1 article cont.

I do this for about 7 website and post anchor link back for 3 keyword for all article and I get all in first page. Not first ranking but still it work.

I think Google still count link from duplicate article but just not put them in when people search?

Is this right?
There is no right or wrong, best SEO practices are done by helping a user learn something new. People (users) go online to get information, interact, and buy things.

You are better off writing one really good article and sharing it with many people on social networks and getting your links CLICKED ON rather than just have 10 less qualitative articles written with no one to click on it.

Not to mention the fact that you are taking a risk and one day you might lose all of your rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalReza View Post
Hi MissTa,

Many marketers or gurus out there tough us to submit an articles to many articles directory but they didn't realize that the content may assume as duplicate. I have ask to several top gurus, they said Google is not the only search engine. So that's no problem if you want to submit it to many directories.

But what I do is submit same article to 4-5 articles directory, rewrite and start over.
What your doing is spamming in a sense, I dont want to read 5 articles. I only want to read one article, and preferably a good one : )

After I read a good article I share it, I bookmark it, I learned from it, and I click on some of the links... I dont rewrite it for my users. I would rather spend my time coming up with unique content for them.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It may be considered as spam if you post the same article in the same article site for multiple times. So, make sure that you're not creating the duplicates in the same site. Try to make unique than duplicate. It is may be OK now but suddenly we may felt down in the spam related issue.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

If your like your submit the article plz submit 1 article in 5 article directory.if you will use 1 article in in 20 site than google count its duplicate and it will harm your site

Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Google just had another panda update. To get the most exposure out of one article that you have written, why not submit it on your own site or one quality article directory like ezines.

Play it safe and not have duplicate content. Most quality article directories do check COPYSCAPE for duplicate content. I suspect they will do this even more with the last Panda update.

This just my opinion.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

One article submit only one site that is better and you can book mark of those article and also submit directory of those articles and also use link wheel method. get more benifite from this articles. so that don't submit one article many site

Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Always take care of duplicate content. I were doing the SEO for my site with duplicate article content but after the google panda, I am on page 10 for some keywords(from page 3).

Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member

See, articles are taking a backseat when it comes to influence your SERP rankings or marketing.

After Panda update article directories lost their dominance on search results, though many of them are catching up again.

Instead, you can try with blogging... It is far more effective technique than article submission / marketing.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

This is useless... using the same article on more than 1 site would only create a duplicate "backlink" to your website. In most cases your article won't be indexed by google or if it get indexed, it would be voted as a DUPLICATE page... at least you should spin it...

*** But the best tip could be to write an unique article for each article directory! It will take you some time, but this will surely increase your traffic and will help you get a better SERP

Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Hi,

Is this right?
The best advice I can give you is to keep YOUR articles on YOUR site. Great articles on your site will get you organic backlinks, more pages in the SERPs that have the potential for ranking well for several keyword phrases.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:03 PM

I would advice written unique content and informative articles and publishing them on new Web 2.0 websites rather than those old so called article directories (content farms)

Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Duplicate content penalty is a myth, there is no penalty at all. To some extent duplicates are put into the sup index, this is not always true though. Many seem to get confused on the difference between dup content and syndication.

Syndication is something that has been done for years before the internet and will continue for years after the internet. There is nothing wrong with syndication and you will never get punished for it.

Article marketing however has been taught wrong for years which is why many suffered at the hands of the panda. You say you post on 20 good article sites but do you know that they are good sites or are they sites that everyone and their brother says to post on ??

For example many claim ezine articles is a good article site but I have to fully disagree with that and I am not the only one. Google seems to agree with me because they certainly smacked the content farm hard.

As for Google counting, yes they do count links through syndication but that syndication must be done a proper way. For example are your articles all targeting the same keyword in the anchor text or are you using semantically related keywords ? This one little factor does make a difference when doing syndication.

This post is the opinion of Ord Allenbea based upon testing article marketing for years.

Quote:
Hi,

Is this right?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The panda update had nothing to do with "Article Directories" it had to do with content farms and not all article directories are content farms. Article submissions to "proper" sites still work just as they did before Panda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Rebecca View Post
See, articles are taking a backseat when it comes to influence your SERP rankings or marketing.

After Panda update article directories lost their dominance on search results, though many of them are catching up again.

Instead, you can try with blogging... It is far more effective technique than article submission / marketing.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Latest Blog:
None

If your article is valuable to readers, I would also consider using that piece as a guest blogger on a high quality blog instead of putting duplicate copies on multiple article directories. In my opinion, quality always trumps quantity.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member

To me the basic areas for Article submission is - 1. Quality content 2. First publish in your site. 3. Publish only in quality content sites - like Ezinearticles.

Beside this you may can use other article sites may be publish one or 2 articles to get some more backlinks but that will not much effect in your website ranking. But can be used for some extra backlinks

Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You have #1 and #2 correct but you are way off on #3. Yes you should post to quality website but ezine articles is by far a quality website, it is nothing more than a content farm and always has been.

Why do so many people want to submit their quality content to a content farm that has your article surrounded by ads is far beyond me. Before I built Marketers Domination I tested over 1,200 article directories (including those so called top directories) and the results was poor to say the least.

So I build a syndication network that is 100% ad free with proper seo and the entire network builds up the link juice to your articles which builds up the juice to your sites. I did 100% opposite of what the so called experts said to do because I tested first.

Never would I give my quality content to a site such as ezine articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourscompany View Post
To me the basic areas for Article submission is - 1. Quality content 2. First publish in your site. 3. Publish only in quality content sites - like Ezinearticles.

Beside this you may can use other article sites may be publish one or 2 articles to get some more backlinks but that will not much effect in your website ranking. But can be used for some extra backlinks

Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I think 1 article for 1 article directory is the best in terms of seo. So that all your articles have unique content.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum