Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by adskumar View Post
We normally generating back links from forum and Blog these both are used to get professional based knowledge both are useful sites only. But how google consider the back links from these two and how it decide which one is best.
It depends on loot of factor. By just naming blog or forum is not fair, whats its page rank, which one is more relevance ?

Are they do follow or no follow ..?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Latest Blog:
None

You need to determine the pr of your forum and blog sites. If they have high pr then google with definitely like them. Both are great at generating quality backlinks.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Forum vs Blog ?!

My opinion , forum is very dificult to manage and takes a lot of time with work on it , blog is a very flexible and simple method to say your opinion with something

Regrats

Old 03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The site that will drive the more useful and relevant traffic to your site is better(in my opinion).

Useful traffic will link to your site, bookmark it, share it, interact, and maybe convert into a sale or prospect.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I think it's good to have both forum and blog backlinks, rather than to just focus on one or the other.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuriarora1 View Post
Both they are important to increase the back links of their site.I use forum most rather then blogs.
Why?

Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RankedZillaSEO View Post
I think it's good to have both forum and blog backlinks, rather than to just focus on one or the other.
Yes, definitely. I'd rather use them both than compare which one actually does better.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Banned

Blog helps to create backlink fast than forum and there are lots of blog pages that already have good page rank and help to improve your pr too.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:37 AM

I think both blog commenting and forums posting are helpful you to increase your site page ranking. You can try to comment on blogs with fresh content and provides your comment with more informative.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

I think that it is easier to find a blog that is relevant to your niche, but forums are great social places to chat with fellow enthusiasts. If you find a forum that you are interested in and comfortable with, then being a member of that community is very rewarding.
I used to find some of the moderators intimidating on certain forums as I was being questioned on my posts (no offence Snakeair lol) but you soon realise that their job is to keep the rubbish off of the posts. I definitely prefer the quality forums.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Latest Blog:
None

First of all Google is very choose to considering backlinks, google only consider backlinks from very good and related niche sites.

and please check the links you are creating are not followed by "nofollow" attributes, because almost all the forums and blogs puts "nofollow" attributes to all the links, and it will be of no use for SEO...

and if you want to check the actual backlink counts then try google webmaster tool...

Old 03-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Contributing Member

Why does the "nofollow/follow" come up so many times. We all know the differences between the two, but for some reason people believe that a no-follow link is not worth a thing. I completely disagree and I am sure that many of those that are in this forum would as well.

When you are building links to a site, you should worry more about what the link is going to be able to do for you in the long run. Is the link going to build you traffic? If so then a no-follow link may be more important that a follow link. I read quite a few blogs on a regular basis that only give no-follow links. This will not stop me from commenting on them. Google may say it is not as powerful, or does not pass the link juice, but I could really care less if I get a paying client out of it.

Whether a forum link or a blog link, you should always worry more about what the link will do to help you in all aspects of your site, and not just be a number.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

to create links on forums are easy, compare to blog. when we are creating links on blog, it take some time for approval, while on forum we can use signature box for links.

when we are doing forum posting/commenting, do not make any spam on post.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Latest Blog:
None

This question is really subjective to the the quality of the blog or forum. If the blog has more quality content than the forum and also a higher pr, than the backlinks from that blog would be more beneficial. Remember that quality is key to SEO.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM

BBS faster. The quality of the blog is higher

Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 AM

Both are best techniques for generating traffic and backlinks. Creating your blogs and writing an article for your blog is a big help in promoting your product. While in forum community, using your link in your signature can give your site a quality backlinks.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member

Informative and compelling contents rules. So I go for blog post rather than forum posting.

Read this 30 SEO Experts Share the Most Compelling Content that Influenced Their Works

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum