Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 AM
Banned

currently i m doing forum discussion, social bookmarking ( as given in link no value of social bookmark links.

thanks for sharing interesting topic

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeus21 View Post
This is an interesting post by seomoz. Interesting because I do use a few of the ways which they advise not to use. Personally I think that the majority of these are not super black hat you will not be kicked off the index what I got from the article is the links you receive from directories, articles, blog comments, etc. are not high in value. I to really enjoyed this article because it made me go find the video where Matt C. was asked on the different ways to generate links besides creating good content which you can view here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkLFl...feature=relmfu

He covers some different methods and one I found interesting is what we are all doing here which is participating in the community. Answering questions and having your blog or site in the sig can potentially generate interest and build authority. Besides the ways such as article marketing, blog commenting, and directory submissions I think the absolutely best links I have ever received are the ones which I personally contacted the webmasters and we made arrangements. Two examples of this is when I received a PR 3 link by creating a customer review of a marketing product I was using and the second is when I guest posted on a high PR blog which is well respected in my niche.

Now they reported that ezinearticles.com is not worth submitting to, but when I looked them up on alexa.com I found them still in the top 500 most visited websites:
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ezinearticles.com

and personally if it is in the top 500 and allows you to gain do follow links with the submission of quality content I see no reason to not submit a few articles. The last marketing method I found useful and also one endorsed by Matt Cutts is creating videos. A web cam is around twenty dollars and all you need to do is talk about a certain topic publish it on youtube and then publish the youtube video on your blog or site. Anyway I think any do follow link is worth a try as long as you are not spamming communities or other pure black hat techniques.
I agree with you. The article states the 17 things that should be avoided. Well I think most of them still work very well. Its not the methods that should be avoided its the way of doing it wrong that we should avoid.

Like blog commenting is good, but you have to do it right. Like only comment on good blogs which do not allow spam comments or useless comments to get posted. Do forum posting but not necessarily for a link, but to get known in your community and people will link to you themselves if you are any useful to them. Write and submit articles but not articles which are badly written or on topics that have been talked to death. You will get links. Guest post on other blogs but the blogs that maintain a good reputation within your niche.

The methods and techniques are still the same. It just depends on how we do it. Do it right and it works for you do it wrong and you have wasted a lot of time getting nothing.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 AM

I'd say links from sites that are not used often, but not all work.
Try to avoid the sites that are used for spam and so on.

Concentrate on social Signals as well.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

Search engine consider the content of the sites to gauge the quality of a back link.

Apart from driving traffic to your website through direct referrals, web directories provide static, one-way links to your site, boosting your link popularity and improving your rankings on the major search engines like Google and Yahoo.

Last edited by snakeair; 05-24-2012 at 05:24 AM. Reason: merged posts

Old 05-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Banned

I thing blog commenting is the most effective link building method..

Old 05-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

It's all about link diversity.

Do a little bit of everything and over time you will rank better.

Try not to use too many automatic tools.

As has been noted in this thread previously Google are getting better and better at picking up on things like that so be careful what you do with certain tools.

For me forum participation, social media and direct webmaster contact are the big three. Really it comes down to content though as I always say

Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Some of the effective methods are: Forum posting, Blog commenting, Social bookmarking, Article submission and Directory submission. However you should also explore few other ways of linkbuilding in order to have the right blend of links.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 AM

Its true, marking quality links from Forums, Blogs, Directories n Article Submission is what i follow. But, Link wheel is the new concept emerging, i dont know much about it but what i read in some forums is that its quiet an effective tool
May be someone can highlight if has done as part of link building strategy

Old 05-27-2012, 02:37 AM

You should always ask yourself as an entrepreneur or business website if the site where you want to put your link on is the right place and if you will get any visitor of that link.*

I always recommend trusted sites like the site of the Chamber of Commerce in Holland. As entrepreneur you can have your own page their and the incoming link is worth much.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 AM

Personally I use free themes and so far its awesome.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasheg View Post
Its not the methods that should be avoided its the way of doing it wrong that we should avoid.

The methods and techniques are still the same. It just depends on how we do it. Do it right and it works for you do it wrong and you have wasted a lot of time getting nothing.
I read all the comments above, but what you have told is the main point I think should everyone consider. As said
"Successful people don't do different thing, they do thing differently"

So, what ever method you are using for link building, keep it natural & genuine, don't try to fool Search engines. Like article submission is still good but many used to spin other articles & submit them to many article directory. similary commenting is also good, but as people have told above that you need to be relevant and add value to discussion. So, one need to change the way he used to build link before these Google updates.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webdevil View Post
Personally I use free themes and so far its awesome.
Are you saying that you sponsor themes to have you link in the footer?

Check out this blog post.

WordPress Theme Sponsors Under SEO Attack by Google

Old 05-27-2012, 10:24 PM

According to me forum posting, blog commenting and article posting are more effective techniques in link building

Old 05-27-2012, 11:56 PM

I had been through the link you have pasted though it focuses on merely on element "spam". It doesn't meant at all you should not follow all the said SEO strategies, follow it, but with a plain consistent pace. However, I find forum posting and blog commentings the effective and easy way for link building.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member

Still, i can see lot of websites following the same methods to improve their rankings but never seen that their websites go down! So, Still don't have any clarity about Google ranking system.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
The "links by the truck load" theory has never seemed to work long term.....
And the sneaky methods also seem to loss effectiveness quickly.....

Plus it appears that Google is more rapidly developing "fixes" for the questionable methods.....)

Yes I am quite agree that old method is going to hurt ranking and may be result for short time. Google has made major changes now only required "Truck of natural links". People need to come with quality so people may can give some editorial links that will remain matter in search engine ranking

Old 05-28-2012, 04:31 AM

Forum posting, bookmarking, Blog commenting, Article submission are the effective techniques of link building.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Michael View Post
According to me forum posting, blog commenting and article posting are more effective techniques in link building
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Michael View Post
Forum posting, bookmarking, Blog commenting, Article submission are the effective techniques of link building.
Any reason why you posted the same thing 2 times in this thread?

Did you forget you posted in here already? No need to repeat stuff.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 AM

Submit unique content, article submission and forum posting are good link building activities.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:02 AM

I am doing forum commenting, social bookmarking and article submission. nothing else...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum