Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Thumbs down What you say about Anchor text?

I herd that now anchor text is more important like content because according to google guidelines if anyone targeting any particular keyword he should not target his anchor text same in every back link. It can hurt his website ranking against particular keyword therefore he should give some change or use variation in anchor text to get good results. I want to ask you all what you say about this topic and what your experience say about it.

Last edited by G10; 09-30-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: anchor link removed...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM

Yes it's true. Google changed their algorithm and if you keep building backlinks with same anchor text you will be penalized.

Build 30% backlinks with your anchor text which you are trying to rank and build another 70% using related keywords.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM

Using diverse anchor texts has been important since 2005 at least. What you need to focus on now is starting using more branded anchor texts for your backlinks. Google is moving away from "money-keyword" backlinking and you will more likely get penalized if you have a high % of money-keyword anchors in your backlink profile.

The natural way people would like to your site is by using your brand-name such as:
http //www yoursite com (you get the idea)
yoursite(dot)com
Your Site
Your Site + money-keyword (don't need many of these)

Keep it natural and think about how people normally would link to your site and you will be fine. Focus on building your brand.

If you have an EMD you will be much safer since it's both your brand and money keyword.

Last edited by imwebmasters; 09-28-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

anchor texts are useful for page rank ans seo. google gives preference for anchor links, but do keyword stuffing.it hurts you

Old 09-29-2012, 04:50 AM

anchor text link good prefrence on site and so visibility get traffic volume in website

Old 09-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipashahina View Post
I herd that now anchor text is more important like content because according to google guidelines if anyone targeting any particular keyword he should not target his anchor text same in every back link. It can hurt his website ranking against particular keyword therefore he should give some change or use variation in anchor text to get good results. I want to ask you all what you say about this topic and what your experience say about it.
Yes its true now neet to build backlinks with regular anchor text like "click here" "visit website" "brand name" and url. also need to combination of dofollow and nofollw for natural SEO.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwebmasters View Post
Using diverse anchor texts has been important since 2005 at least. What you need to focus on now is starting using more branded anchor texts for your backlinks. Google is moving away from "money-keyword" backlinking and you will more likely get penalized if you have a high % of money-keyword anchors in your backlink profile.

The natural way people would like to your site is by using your brand-name such as:
http //www yoursite com (you get the idea)
yoursite(dot)com
Your Site
Your Site + money-keyword (don't need many of these)

Keep it natural and think about how people normally would link to your site and you will be fine. Focus on building your brand.

If you have an EMD you will be much safer since it's both your brand and money keyword.
Well there's the complete answer

Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 AM

Use the 1/3 rule

1/3 your kewyword e.g blue shoes
1/3 keyword variations e.g nice shop with blue shoes
1/3 natural rext e,g click here

By the way anchor does not influence page rank

Old 09-29-2012, 01:10 PM

Need to add to my previous post regarding EMDs. You will be able to use your brand as money keyword, but with recent changes, your site must also be an authority (or you should plan to make your site an authority and not just use the EMD for easy rankings, since this is not possible anymore (for some niches)).

Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

Well if you want to "keyword bomb" than that's probably not in your best interest. Outside of that I guess anchored text can be pretty effective.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

Marketing has always been this way, nothing new and has nothing to do with any Google updates. It has been standard practice for those doing proper marketing to vary your anchor text links.

ie: I have 20 website design clients, 5 links would use one anchor text link as the design by copyright and 5 different ones for another 5 sites and etc. So there would be 4 different anchor text links all using related keywords.

With that said though I do not agree that building too many links with the same anchor text will hurt your rankings. I mean come on it's obvious that you have to have X amount of anchor text links to increase your rankings.

Quote:

Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 AM
Banned

You should use around 5 to 10 anchor texts for one url, also build natural links to your site for better result.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 AM

I don't think that it is the most important part of SEO, but always try to use it

Old 09-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

Definitely not something I focus on with SEO, but I will always leave something. It's turned into a habit (And for good reason).

Old 09-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
nipashahina, asking questions is good and the best way to learn but I am noticing a lot of link drops within your posts dude.

Just thought i'd give you a quick heads up..

Old 09-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe he thinks he can rank for Google ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
nipashahina, asking questions is good and the best way to learn but I am noticing a lot of link drops within your posts dude.

Just thought i'd give you a quick heads up..

Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

When you build your backlinks using the anchor text, be sure to use the "www" or the non "www" indexed version of your domain. You can check how your website is indexed ( with or without www ) just by typing "site:yoursitehere.com" in google and look at the returned results.

If you will list your website on a high traffic toplist that allows do follow backlinks and you use your keywords as the "title for your website", this will become an anchor text that generates traffic and this will boost your SERP rank - as your website becomes popular for that term.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 PM

It is all about diversity. Make sure that your profile looks natural.
1) naked url (http: // www . yoursite . com)
2) generic text (click here or view site)
3) site name or company name (yoursite)
3) exact match (money word)
4) long tail (your money words right here)

Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Contributing Member

Profile ? I am going to assume you are talking about social media sites. Maybe you are one that followed a moron self proclaimed guru that said create profile links for backlinks.

I have a better idea (which is far more powerful) for "profiles", join the social website and participate in it. I promise you 5 social profiles on websites that you participate in is far more powerful than 100 social profiles you created just to spam for your backlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1234 View Post
It is all about diversity. Make sure that your profile looks natural.
1) naked url (http: // www . yoursite . com)
2) generic text (click here or view site)
3) site name or company name (yoursite)
3) exact match (money word)
4) long tail (your money words right here)

Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM

Study what is working and capitalize on that recipe. Every market/keyword is likely going to have a different landscape. Study it and replicate as best you can.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum