Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM
nipashahina nipashahina is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-29-12
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thumbs down What you say about Anchor text?

I herd that now anchor text is more important like content because according to google guidelines if anyone targeting any particular keyword he should not target his anchor text same in every back link. It can hurt his website ranking against particular keyword therefore he should give some change or use variation in anchor text to get good results. I want to ask you all what you say about this topic and what your experience say about it.

Last edited by G10; 09-30-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: anchor link removed...
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM
iMark iMark is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 09-20-12
Posts: 33
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes it's true. Google changed their algorithm and if you keep building backlinks with same anchor text you will be penalized.

Build 30% backlinks with your anchor text which you are trying to rank and build another 70% using related keywords.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM
imwebmasters's Avatar
imwebmasters imwebmasters is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 09-27-12
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Using diverse anchor texts has been important since 2005 at least. What you need to focus on now is starting using more branded anchor texts for your backlinks. Google is moving away from "money-keyword" backlinking and you will more likely get penalized if you have a high % of money-keyword anchors in your backlink profile.

The natural way people would like to your site is by using your brand-name such as:
http //www yoursite com (you get the idea)
yoursite(dot)com
Your Site
Your Site + money-keyword (don't need many of these)

Keep it natural and think about how people normally would link to your site and you will be fine. Focus on building your brand.

If you have an EMD you will be much safer since it's both your brand and money keyword.

Last edited by imwebmasters; 09-28-2012 at 07:37 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 AM
WEBGEEK WEBGEEK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 09-21-12
Posts: 89
iTrader: 0 / 0%
anchor texts are useful for page rank ans seo. google gives preference for anchor links, but do keyword stuffing.it hurts you
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2012, 04:50 AM
nidamax nidamax is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 09-29-12
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
anchor text link good prefrence on site and so visibility get traffic volume in website
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Northern Leasing's Avatar
Northern Leasing Northern Leasing is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 03-28-12
Location: India
Posts: 157
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipashahina View Post
I herd that now anchor text is more important like content because according to google guidelines if anyone targeting any particular keyword he should not target his anchor text same in every back link. It can hurt his website ranking against particular keyword therefore he should give some change or use variation in anchor text to get good results. I want to ask you all what you say about this topic and what your experience say about it.
Yes its true now neet to build backlinks with regular anchor text like "click here" "visit website" "brand name" and url. also need to combination of dofollow and nofollw for natural SEO.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 AM
TechUpdates's Avatar
TechUpdates TechUpdates is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-16-11
Posts: 363
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwebmasters View Post
Using diverse anchor texts has been important since 2005 at least. What you need to focus on now is starting using more branded anchor texts for your backlinks. Google is moving away from "money-keyword" backlinking and you will more likely get penalized if you have a high % of money-keyword anchors in your backlink profile.

The natural way people would like to your site is by using your brand-name such as:
http //www yoursite com (you get the idea)
yoursite(dot)com
Your Site
Your Site + money-keyword (don't need many of these)

Keep it natural and think about how people normally would link to your site and you will be fine. Focus on building your brand.

If you have an EMD you will be much safer since it's both your brand and money keyword.
Well there's the complete answer
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 AM
AlbertMora AlbertMora is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 09-24-12
Posts: 41
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Use the 1/3 rule

1/3 your kewyword e.g blue shoes
1/3 keyword variations e.g nice shop with blue shoes
1/3 natural rext e,g click here

By the way anchor does not influence page rank
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:10 PM
imwebmasters's Avatar
imwebmasters imwebmasters is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 09-27-12
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Need to add to my previous post regarding EMDs. You will be able to use your brand as money keyword, but with recent changes, your site must also be an authority (or you should plan to make your site an authority and not just use the EMD for easy rankings, since this is not possible anymore (for some niches)).
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
ehacker's Avatar
ehacker ehacker is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-29-12
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Well if you want to "keyword bomb" than that's probably not in your best interest. Outside of that I guess anchored text can be pretty effective.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Marketing has always been this way, nothing new and has nothing to do with any Google updates. It has been standard practice for those doing proper marketing to vary your anchor text links.

ie: I have 20 website design clients, 5 links would use one anchor text link as the design by copyright and 5 different ones for another 5 sites and etc. So there would be 4 different anchor text links all using related keywords.

With that said though I do not agree that building too many links with the same anchor text will hurt your rankings. I mean come on it's obvious that you have to have X amount of anchor text links to increase your rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipashahina View Post
I herd that now anchor text is more important like content because according to google guidelines if anyone targeting any particular keyword he should not target his anchor text same in every back link. It can hurt his website ranking against particular keyword therefore he should give some change or use variation in anchor text to get good results. I want to ask you all what you say about this topic and what your experience say about it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 AM
FPServices's Avatar
FPServices FPServices is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 09-10-12
Posts: 337
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You should use around 5 to 10 anchor texts for one url, also build natural links to your site for better result.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:15 AM
alcren alcren is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 09-15-12
Posts: 28
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I don't think that it is the most important part of SEO, but always try to use it
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Lawrence Lawrence is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-04-10
Location: United States of America
Posts: 83
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Definitely not something I focus on with SEO, but I will always leave something. It's turned into a habit (And for good reason).
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-30-2012, 11:17 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,765
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipashahina View Post
I herd that now anchor text is more important like content because according to google guidelines if anyone targeting any particular keyword he should not target his anchor text same in every back link. It can hurt his website ranking against particular keyword therefore he should give some change or use variation in anchor text to get good results. I want to ask you all what you say about this topic and what your experience say about it.
nipashahina, asking questions is good and the best way to learn but I am noticing a lot of link drops within your posts dude.

Just thought i'd give you a quick heads up..
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Maybe he thinks he can rank for Google ....


Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
nipashahina, asking questions is good and the best way to learn but I am noticing a lot of link drops within your posts dude.

Just thought i'd give you a quick heads up..
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
densho densho is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 09-19-12
Location: on earth
Posts: 65
iTrader: 0 / 0%
When you build your backlinks using the anchor text, be sure to use the "www" or the non "www" indexed version of your domain. You can check how your website is indexed ( with or without www ) just by typing "site:yoursitehere.com" in google and look at the returned results.

If you will list your website on a high traffic toplist that allows do follow backlinks and you use your keywords as the "title for your website", this will become an anchor text that generates traffic and this will boost your SERP rank - as your website becomes popular for that term.
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 PM
jmus's Avatar
jmus jmus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 09-10-12
Location: US Florida
Posts: 41
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It is all about diversity. Make sure that your profile looks natural.
1) naked url (http: // www . yoursite . com)
2) generic text (click here or view site)
3) site name or company name (yoursite)
3) exact match (money word)
4) long tail (your money words right here)
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Profile ? I am going to assume you are talking about social media sites. Maybe you are one that followed a moron self proclaimed guru that said create profile links for backlinks.

I have a better idea (which is far more powerful) for "profiles", join the social website and participate in it. I promise you 5 social profiles on websites that you participate in is far more powerful than 100 social profiles you created just to spam for your backlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1234 View Post
It is all about diversity. Make sure that your profile looks natural.
1) naked url (http: // www . yoursite . com)
2) generic text (click here or view site)
3) site name or company name (yoursite)
3) exact match (money word)
4) long tail (your money words right here)
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
SeanIM's Avatar
SeanIM SeanIM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 04-28-07
Location: California
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Study what is working and capitalize on that recipe. Every market/keyword is likely going to have a different landscape. Study it and replicate as best you can.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single Anchor Text or Multiple Anchor Text? lukman143 SEO Forum 7 01-15-2011 10:55 AM
Anchor text davest SEO Forum 15 01-03-2008 10:46 PM
Anchor Text Shawn Google Forum 1 07-20-2004 03:47 PM
Which would be the better anchor text Simon - 1977 Google Forum 3 05-10-2004 09:16 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC