Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Contributing Member

Question SEo-friendly Website?

Hello Friends,

I want to Create MY website Some Seo friendly Platform.
Can Anyone tell Me Which website platform that is really SEO friendly?

Please Suggest Me.

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 AM
v7n Mentor

Depends on what your requirements are.

WordPress + the Yoast SEO plugin is often a good option.

Note that the CMS is only part of the puzzle. You need to learn SEO to use it well.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:56 AM
Contributing Member

Ya..I am also using wordpress SEO plugin by yoast. it works great for me. If you have wordpress website, you shoudl give a try to this plugin, its easy to use and free.
Cheers!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 AM

again most of the larger CMS systems are good for SEO but that is only the platform...you have to build on the work yourself to get rankings....everything matters and try to freshen up your page with content quite often....

Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member

Most of the most popular platforms are SEO oriented (wordpress, joomla etc...), but keep in mind, the platform is just the basics, you need to do the SEO work, no platform will do it for you.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 AM

Websites created by Wordpress or Drupal are SEO-friendly, better than Joomal and other CMSs.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:17 AM

WordPress is best platform that provide the very SEO friendly environment. We can easily promote a website. It contain excellent theme and attractive looks and also provide many penguins that are beneficial for website owner. So WordPress is best.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

What about Wordpress and Penguins?

Old 10-30-2012, 03:06 AM
Contributing Member

Wordpress or Drupal. Both are good.

Drupal provides best and user-friendly URL's and it designs the websites in such a way that they offer clean URL's modules which allow the users to use their own keywords in different directions. Drupal optimizes the websites with suitable keywords and brings best results, unlike other CMS, Drupal has best and clear URL's. It provides a unique set of seo modules which help you develop seo-friendly website.

You can find them listed here: http://ezinearticles.com/?10-Drupal-...ite&id=7265136
On the other hand, wordpress's all in one seo plugin is incomparable.

Choice is yours

Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM

Wordpress is a best CMS platform where you don't need any programming knowledge, wordpress templates can be purchased at aprox 40$ price. And for SEO use Yoast plguin that is free.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

What's the connect between CMS and SEO? In my experience, whatever CMS you use, it will always depend on the SEO effort that you exert.

SEO friendly website is not all the case at all. Google Webmaster Guidelines stated that we should make pages to real people. In that way, you will not only be making a SEO-friendly website but also a user-friendly website that will surely perform well on the search.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixacompanyphil View Post
What's the connect between CMS and SEO? In my experience, whatever CMS you use, it will always depend on the SEO effort that you exert.

SEO friendly website is not all the case at all. Google Webmaster Guidelines stated that we should make pages to real people. In that way, you will not only be making a SEO-friendly website but also a user-friendly website that will surely perform well on the search.
I totally agree that the content of a website should be for real people and that is what people should focus on.

What I find is most CMSs have problems or do not let you fully optimise your content. Some off the top of my head:
  • Cannot edit page titles independently
  • Cannot edit meta descriptions
  • Cannot noindex selected pages
  • Cause duplicate content by accident (multiple URLs for the same page)
  • Cause spider traps (an infinite link trail)
  • Do not allow you to set up redirects
  • Have faceted link structures causing index bloat
  • Don't support multilingual content correctly
  • Don't support semantic/author markup without template rewrites

And I could go on.

If the CMS gets it right then the owner can focus on real stuff, like content.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 AM

WordPress is good platform as it is user friendly and easy to optimize.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 AM
v7n Mentor

Wordpress is about as seo friendly as you can get.

But there are a lot of other CMSs out there.

One I found a couple of days ago, and I am considering setting up a test site is Wolf CMS - http://www.wolfcms.org/

I am considering Wolf because it is supposed to use less resources then wordpress.

What I did a few years ago, I bought a domain name as a test site, installed several different CMSs, then looked at how google treated the site.

I ran each CMS for about a month, then installed a new one.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Contributing Member

As I understand it, you are looking for a platform that will give you a bit of an edge in your upcoming SEO campaign for this new website. Then, I would go with Wordpress and the Wordpress SEO plugin by Yoats. I've had very good results with this combination, one of my sites ranking top 5 for 4 keywords only 3 weeks after launch and with no additional SEO done. You will still have to be careful when choosing your theme (I recommend chosing a premium one), as the way your theme is coded could impact your on-page SEO a lot (both positively and negatively).

Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerito View Post
Note that the CMS is only part of the puzzle. You need to learn SEO to use it well.
I would agree with Tiggerito plus would like to add it also depends on the template/theme construction.

Bunch of little pieces make up the puzzle of making a website/blog search engine friendly.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

They say wordpress is the best platform with the best SEO. Aside from that, you can choose from a variety of add ons to make your site SEO friendly. But if you are considering it, you might need to take some time learning the whole platform, including most of the popular addons because you might not get good results if you can't maximize its use.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 AM

For my site I use WordPress and Yoast's SEO plugin and works like a charm. So simple to add blogs, change tags etc. I used to use All-in-one SEO, but found Yoast to be alot better

Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixacompanyphil View Post

very Right , As Due to increase in Competition over Web . Every business website have parameters that makes it Search friendly . Now healthy visibility for those website that follow Web Spam Rules and Build Quality Back-links .

Old 11-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Contributing Member

I also like wordpress for CMS and if you want to make a ecommerce web site then u can make your site on magento.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread