Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 AM

Post Advice for Keyword stuffing

Hi from the advice of someone I created many blogs using the same keyword phrase, I used it in the title, content , meta etc, I did not stuff the blog with the keyword phrase but rather kept using it in each blog. My question is should i
1)delete the blogs
2)archive the blogs
3)edit the blogs and replace with new keywords that vary and look natural
4)do nothing
It was a hard lesson to learn as Google did drop us from page 1 to 100!!!
I am a fitness teacher not an SEO expert and was just doing what I had been told and had never even heard of keyword stuffing. I use word press and Yoast.

many thanks
Louise
PS not sure how I will get replies to this?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
v7n Mentor

Google and users love "natural", so make your blog that way.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM

"created many blogs using the same keyword phrase?"

If you created many blogs using free blog services like wordpress.com etc. and have been keywords stuffing due to listening to an SEO expert? Then by all means, it's spring cleaning time.

And I would start deleting those you feel was created just for Google search engine. Keep in mind that I'm presuming Google has taken you from 1st position to 100th due to your blogs with same content (title, keywords, same anchor text.). Which means something is majorly wrong, and as you are saying it is those blogs that is causing this. Then don't even think about it, and start deleting them and perhaps start a new blog (even 1 is good enough)

You are a fitness teacher? Then I would create 1 blog and have it be a part of your main website. Showcasing your fitness expertise; original and useful how to blog posts, how to videos, nutritional information, facts and figures about health etc. Then I would reach out to other professionals in your online industry, you can get their blog posts published on your website as well, then they will gladly yours (think relationships).

Because doing that, would make you "the seo expert" for your online industry.

Why? Because you provide what your visitors want, and before long, others will be gladly share your content online. That's what Google wants.
I hope this has contributed to your question.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Administrator

When you said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisewoodcock View Post
I created many blogs using the same keyword phrase, I used it in the title, content , meta etc, I did not stuff the blog with the keyword phrase but rather kept using it in each blog.
Did you mean separate blog posts/articles on your blog (sometimes people new to blogging call the articles blogs instead of posts hence why I am asking)?

or

As someone else interpreted your statement: Did you make a bunch of separate actual blogs?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
This would be fine..

Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 AM
Contributing Member

Keep it 1 or max 2%. Choose a content writer who is very well aware about it. Or discuss with him on this briefly.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 AM
Contributing Member

Keep your content natural and useful for your visitors, if you are not familiar with SEO, then study little bit about keyword stuffing or hire a SEO expert to handle your problem..

Old 03-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Banned

keyword density always should have limitation. keyword density in article is 1.5% and in web page content min 2% and max 4%. if use more then keyword stuffing occur.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
When you said this:

Did you mean separate blog posts/articles on your blog (sometimes people new to blogging call the articles blogs instead of posts hence why I am asking)?

or

As someone else interpreted your statement: Did you make a bunch of separate actual blogs?
Hi thanks for taking the time to write to me , I really appreciate that.

Yes they are separate blog posts. We have a blog on our word press site. We have a fitness holiday in Thailand.

I am in a real dilemma what to do with the posts. We have written 800+ posts on our web site. Lots of great information on health and fitness, all original,we used to do one a day but it was taking ages and very tiring. So now we do 1 or 2 a week and I have a better idea now how to use our keywords. But back in 2012 I would use the same one in nearly all the posts, because i was ignorant and didn't know about keyword stuffing, I wasn't using an SEO company and doing it all ourselves. But we rely on Google to get all our customers so its so important we do things properly.

best wishes
Louise

Old 03-20-2013, 03:39 PM

Many thanks I am doing that now, but I don't know what to do with the old blog posts as there are many with the same keyword phrase in the title. I did not realize at the time, they are great posts on health and fitness and all original, my husband and I wrote them all.

I am not sure if they will still be affecting our Google rankings . If I edit them would Google not remember they were stuffed before or would it be happier if I took them out?

best wishes
Louise

Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM

Thanks for your reply and taking the time to write such a detailed response.

The blog posts are on our word press web site.

So we have a word press web site with a blog attached and we write posts once or twice a week. We are doing things naturally now, but it's just knowing what to do with the one's that had the same keyword phrase in many titles.

I might edit some and delete others which are not as good.

Kind regards
Louise

Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM

Hi thanks , I think that sounds like a good idea, wasn't sure if it would create problems.

Lots of people must have been in a similar situation.

Many thanks
Louise

Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Administrator

This is what I would do now that you are wiser:

In the backend of your Wordpress on the left at the top there is a link to Posts which when clicked will list all your posts.

I'd look through the old ones, find the most important ones (which might be hard because they all should be important ) and start fixing them on the days you are not writing fresh content till finished.

As you fix them, do you know how to interlink to other posts and pages on the site? You do this as you repair each old post and create new ones.

You will be able to keep track of the ones you fixed because on the right is the date last modified. If it says Published you haven't fixed it yet.

Just be careful that the old url of the existing post doesn't change. If you decide you want to change that too for improvements you will need to do some 301 permanent redirects from the old name to the new name.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseen4u View Post
keep your content fresh, try to avoid black hat seo stuffs, built nature links.
Any advice for the thread creator? Did you miss the questions being asked?

Quote:
Hi from the advice of someone I created many blogs using the same keyword phrase, I used it in the title, content , meta etc, I did not stuff the blog with the keyword phrase but rather kept using it in each blog. My question is should i

1)delete the blogs
2)archive the blogs
4)do nothing

It was a hard lesson to learn as Google did drop us from page 1 to 100!!!
I am a fitness teacher not an SEO expert and was just doing what I had been told and had never even heard of keyword stuffing. I use word press and Yoast.

many thanks
Louise
PS not sure how I will get replies to this?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum