Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-20-2013, 04:41 AM
Contributing Member

Lightbulb Alternative to SEO??

Hi Friends,

I want to know about an alternative to SEO, with the help of which my site get top rank position in Google without any SEO. I don't want other methods like social networking, social media, SMO, PPC and any other paid method or any technique of SEO..

Kindle give your suggestion..

Thanks in advance..

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Their is no other method to rank your website in search engine. Online Marketing ( SEO, SMO, SEM, PPC) is only the method to increase website ranking in SERPs.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:54 AM
v7n Mentor

Afoley,

Easyarticles makes a good point. If you are actively trying to get higher in SERP rankings, there isn’t much other choice than to use SEO tactics. That being true, I have seen site rank number one without consciously using search optimization techniques. They just get there by being relevant and having well written content. Of course it helps if you have a keyword phrase that isn’t so competitive. I think if you have a competitive one you will not rank high just making a good website.

This article in smashing magazine helps illustrate how good content can help you rank well and that we shouldn’t be writing for search but for users,

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012...venient-truth/

Hope that helps you,

Shawn

Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

There is no other way to rank better in search engines than to optimize your site for them.

Hence, the term Search Engine Optimization.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

you have to either do seo, or basically become viral, which is doing seo to get the results. no matter what method you use, search engines have an algorithm to rank you. if yo do it purposefully or accidently, search engines won't know so learning what search engines look for and keeping it in mind is really a necessity unless you just want to get lucky.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Banned

How would you get top position in Google without doing SEO?

SEO is all about getting better ranking.

One method is building brand name, it would help in seo..... as people would come to your site directly and based on your popularity, you would get ranking too.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanaher View Post
Afoley,

Easyarticles makes a good point. If you are actively trying to get higher in SERP rankings, there isnít much other choice than to use SEO tactics. That being true, I have seen site rank number one without consciously using search optimization techniques. They just get there by being relevant and having well written content. Of course it helps if you have a keyword phrase that isnít so competitive. I think if you have a competitive one you will not rank high just making a good website.

This article in smashing magazine helps illustrate how good content can help you rank well and that we shouldnít be writing for search but for users,

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012...venient-truth/

Hope that helps you,

Shawn
WELL said, Shawn. Especially with the recent Google updates, content is definitely king again. I've seen sites with well-crafted content get page one rankings with no "forced" (i.e. un-natural) backlinking whatsoever.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Banned

if you want a good visibility online, traffic and conversion then you cant just ignore those SEM ways...

Old 03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Contributing Member

Hi friends,
It means there is no any alternative to SEO?

I think content is good suggestion from shawn..

Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

There is no alternative to SEO. you can rank your website in Google search but without SEO you wont be able to move up the ranks.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Contributing Member

You can get earn some money via PPC, better visibility from SMO but for strong position in search engine you have to opt for SEO. I don't think Anything can become alternate to SEO.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Banned

See my friend, SEO is the only technique which helps your site to make a strongest position on the market. SEO used those techniques which is very general to all of us to promote the websites like blogs , forums like that which helps us to know our product to many persons in the market. so we can not ignore the SEO as a best tool for promotion of the business.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:28 AM

Some site still get ranked in top position even no SEO works involve. The question is, the search traffic is close to zero with these keywords. If you want to get traffic from SE, work hard and forget free "other method".

Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Contributing Member

Social networking, SEO, PPC, and Social media etc are actually the wheels of a good ranking site. The better these wheels will move, the better will be the rank of the site and if these wheels fail to work properly then the rannk will go down.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Contributing Member

Well all of above are saying about no any alternative to SEO, but i am still looking for a positive reply...

Old 03-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoley77 View Post
Well all of above are saying about no any alternative to SEO, but i am still looking for a positive reply...
Well its bcoz there aren't any alternatives, SEO is solely built on link building and page optimisation.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoley77 View Post
Hi Friends,

I want to know about an alternative to SEO, with the help of which my site get top rank position in Google without any SEO. I don't want other methods like social networking, social media, SMO, PPC and any other paid method or any technique of SEO..

Kindle give your suggestion..

Thanks in advance..
I think other method is contacting with google search engine manager to make your website top position on google without hard working

Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned

There is one more method, that is off-line promotion, it is also effective, people would know your brand name, people would realize you and they would search in Google and you would get ranking.

You should know that off-line promotion worked for Google too, in those days when Google was new, it started from college students, distributing, Google-logo t-shirts, flyers etc..

Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 PM
Contributing Member

If you don't want to do seo, its okay but then you should get back links for you website or blog naturally (that means you should have great content). If your blog content is appealing then you only need small advertising campaign. Otherwise you should do use seo techniques which most of the bloggers do regularly and which works mostly.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:39 AM

This is strange question for all seo community. So, we will have to answer for this question. There are not huge factors to get top ranking on Google without doing above things which have been mentioned in your question. But, we can't refuse with this that site can be ranked without using above things on Google, but it will cost you high. Because, you will have to get all outdoor advertising done from top ad agency those are well known in market. Ad agency can only make differences in Google page ranking for website. Only, ad agency can make you brand and viral amongst the potential customer. Once you become brand, site started coming automatically in search engine.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum