Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 05-31-2013, 11:40 PM

Angry Site not rank in search engines

Hi Guys

I am new in SEO Industry, working with a travel company last 4 months, now I decide left this job or this SEO industry, because no keyword search in top 10 Google search ranking, no improvement in page rank (0 pr), decreasing Alexa rank day by day.

can anyone suggest me what to do now, what issue of the site. The site is namasteindiatrip.com.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 10:54 AM
v7n Mentor

Sapientbookmarking,

First off, I wouldn’t place too much emphasis on Alexa ranking. There is a lot of info on the web mentioning that it is not a very reliable measurement for the popularity of a website.

You have no links leading back to your website. This could be inaccurate but when I search for backlinks in Google, there are no results. You will need to build backlinks if you want your website to rank at all.

Here is some good info on building backlinks,

http://moz.com/ugc/category/link-building

I’m not sure which pages you are trying to rank but the home page has very thin content on it. Google tends to put these kinds of sites lower in rankings if they don’t have a lot of text content above the fold.

Hope that helps,

Shawn

Old 06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

ya alexa ranking are total waste dont focus on it..

Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

I have checked your site.. Do on page of your site..create good meta tags first. Some of your keywords have high competition so you will wait for them to come in ranking.. High competitive keywords take time to be in ranking. You have not created meta tags for all pages and also some of your pages have very long titles. You should create meta tags according to google's guidelines 60-70 characters. Also make descriptions of all pages and desc should be unique. Create good quality backlinks. and SEO is a long process. You have to wait. Keep patience. Do not do over optimization. Do only good quality work. Start Social Media also on facebook, twitter and google + if you have not started yet..

Old 06-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Contributing Member

SEO is not as quick as PPC. It is a long term process and needs complete dedication, expertise in SEO. Also don't just judge your website by google page rank tool bar and Alexa rank.

First pick your right keywords, probably a long tail one which will be quite easy to rank. After achieving that then finetune your SEO process.

And one more thing "Travels" "Tour" got heavy competition and you can rank in first page of google all of a sudden.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Contributing Member

SEO is not the game of the days ! it takes time.
Did you submit your website on search engines ?? did you run your site blogs with fresh content? did you doing forums and blog commenting on daily basis? If not then start these things you will see your keywords on rankings.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

I strongly agree, this career is not a blink of an eye to get result. SEO is a long and pain staking process, you got to have a lot of patience when choosing this career. also seo is very challenging because google keeps on updating and you have to follow through the updates and if not you'll find your site nowhere when you wake up.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 AM

You need to work on your site seo. Meta tags are not even a big factor, with or without meta tags you will rank very well if you know what you are doing, if your site doesn't have meta tags, google will pick the first paragraph on your site for your serp display.
Add quality content to your site and use some long tail keyword

Old 06-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

hello sapientbookmarking,

Must read this infographic. this will clear your many doubts about SEO & solve the ques how to rank in search engines

searchenginejournal dot com/infographic-googles-200-ranking-factors/64316/

but always keep in mind SEO is not a game of one day, you cant rank in one day. PATIENCE & Persistence is very necessary for SEO professinal.

All the best

One of the biggest Myth in internet marketing is "Alexa rank" is used as a ranking factor in google. Alexa rank is for loosers. It is just another factor to measure the popularity of website

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 06-03-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Please use edit if you have an after thought to your post

Old 06-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Contributing Member

Ranking of Alexa depends upon the traffic on the website and Pr of the website depends upon the quality and quality of backlinks as well as on the quality content also.

Ranking of keywords for the website depends upon the quality link building.
Hence for getting good traffic you should take participate in the social media sites.

For getting quality backlinks, you would give extra attention on the good offpage activities like high PR directory submission, guest blogging, article submission, forum posting, social bookmarking, blogging etc but don’t forget to read Google’s updates to save your website to be get penalized.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 AM

Hi,

try to focus on quality not quantity. Update your website daily with fresh, unique and relevant content, share it via social media and try to guest post on other travel blogs. It is a slow process, but works.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Contributing Member

- First of all, do the necessary on-page seo.
- Provide good quality
- Promote your website via social media and blogs
- Try to get some relevant backlinks (relevant meaning that the site were you get the links from handle the same niche)
- Update your website frequently.

If you can do that, then you must see some positieve effect in the rankings.

Kind Regards,
Johan Santamaria
[REMOVED]

Last edited by snakeair; 06-06-2013 at 06:59 AM. Reason: self promo not allowed

Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 AM

Hi,

Social networking sites can be a good way to promote a site, but most will not affect your rank directly, also do some other Off-page activities & build some quality back links.

Kindest

Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

Alexa ranking is not effective so i think don't focus on it. create genuine content on your website and build links on high pr websites which are relevant for your site.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Contributing Member

I saw your site and unfortunately I am seeing a lot of mistakes you have done and that's the reason you are not get ranked yet. As per your title you trying to get high competitive keywords or you made wrong Meta Title.

One thing you can do to attract visitors and PR that make good and impressive website structure then go for unique navigation. Go for on-page elements after making whole website with informative content. Start Link building and then go for social signals, make offers, discounts because you have travel means awesome topic to attract visitors...

I hope it can be useful for you...

Old 06-19-2013, 06:48 PM

What keyword you want to rank for? You might have some real competition.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM

all the indicates of your site are great. everything is okay, you just have to be patient.
the pagerank update event happens once every 4 months or so, and this time it's being a little delayed.
if you say it's been only 4 months, then don't worry about it. a pagerank update is expected in early july, just wait a little longer!

Old 06-20-2013, 01:42 AM
Contributing Member

hey buddy

first of all seo is not fast process it's wait and watch process

2nd keywords what you are targetting are high competitive in india

3rd i made audit in your website and found below

you had continue dropped in backlink

just check your work and backlinks again and tell us are they still live and you will get answer why you are not ranking still

Old 06-21-2013, 05:08 AM
Banned

It depends on what are you doing every day... if you want to increase Alexa ranking, you need traffic. PPC or Social Media sites work great for this... For ranking... You should learn better SEO. But some quick tips, do proper On-Page SEO (h1 tags for main keyword, h2 for secondary keywords, alt and title tags) and proper Off-Page SEO (quality Tier1 backlinks with your main keyword, tier2 with your secondary keywords and a mix of them + other related keywords and also "Click here, Visit my website, etc"). Hope you got the idea!

Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 AM

sapientbookmarking, I have checked your website. It is a good website, with great content, but unfortunately, the niche you are trying to rank high "travel/hotel industry" is very competitive, with a HUGE competition, so the best thing to do is to get paid traffic. Ranking high via the natural, unpaid SEO would be very very hard in this niche, so the only option is paid traffic, like Google Adwords, facebook ads, buysellads.com, etc.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum