Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM

Exclamation How to move a domain to avoid SEO issues?

Hello, I wanted to know if you can please help me with some info about how to move my domain name/site from one platform to another platform, which will have different links.

I read about the 301 redirects, I just don't know how to avoid that sites that have some links to our site will create a lot of "broken links" for bots.

I also read that in google webmaster and bing/yahoo you can tell them that you are moving your site but then again, there are many many more sites which eventually create links or postings with your old urls. I would like to know how to deal with that. I did move a site a few years ago and there was not problem telling google or bing, but the rest of the sites, facebook, twitter, pintrest, forums, blogs, affiliates, etc.. The webmaster was showing a lot of errors and were from all those sources, I would like to know how to avoid this issue again.

I also would like to know, when you tell google and bing that you are moving your site, what does that mean? Do they stop indexing for a while? Do they delete all the old urls? How long you have to move it? when do they start indexing again? Do they delete the old urls from cache by using the Move site feature?

I know, lots of questions, but I guess many members will find the answers very helpful.

Thank you!

Jenny

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum