Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

Linking to High PR sites to increase traffic?

There is talk on the web of trying to link to high PR websites to increase page rank and traffic.

Search engines are smarter than to judge a website by its rank. I have visited websites that had a page rank of 5 but hasnít been updated in 2 years. In general, this isnít good.

The reason the site may have gotten this ranking is because they may have gotten decent backlinks in the past and the site has been built years ago.

If you link to a few high PR sites that doesnít change the fact the search engines ALSO look at other factors to increase your page rank such as
  1. Number of visitors to your site
  2. Number of links to your site (too many low quality, not enough high quality, too many reciprocals)
  3. Participation of your site
  4. How often your site is updated
  5. How many pages your site has
  6. Who do you link to (type of links) to your site
  7. How long your site has been active.

It does no good to link to High PR sites if you aren't going to invest in your site

Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As in my point of view PR does not mean to get traffic it's indicate the trust level of google on your website. High PR always help to grow in SERP's and create authority for your website and agree with your point
Quote:
It does no good to link to High PR sites if you aren't going to invest in your site

Old 09-26-2013, 12:11 AM

some of the sites like Digital point Forum and there are many more high pr forum sites to help for traffic

Old 09-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, this is good if you link to high pr website, but it is hard to find high pr sites to get links in free, you may have to pay for this if you want a pr 5 or p 6 links.

Other thing is your overall link profile should look natural to get maximum benefit.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Contributing Member

There have been discussions where linking to a high PR site will improve your search engine results. As a result of THAT it will Increase your traffic.

It had come to my attention that is WHY most individuals try to get links from High PR sites in the first place (from conversations that I have had).

Old 09-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdesigningcreators View Post
some of the sites like Digital point Forum and there are many more high pr forum sites to help for traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPabs View Post
Yes, this is good if you link to high pr website, but it is hard to find high pr sites to get links in free, you may have to pay for this if you want a pr 5 or p 6 links.

Other thing is your overall link profile should look natural to get maximum benefit.
Did you two actually read the opening post before replying? It is not about getting incoming links.

Quote:
There is talk on the web of trying to link to high PR websites to increase page rank and traffic.
Well in a round about way you can.

If you become the "go to" site in your industry because you collect and link to valuable information for your topic people will come to your site instead of wasting their time searching...you already did that for them. Once the word gets out you will earn those incoming links and the traffic that goes with it.

Quote:
If you link to a few high PR sites that doesnít change the fact the search engines ALSO look at other factors to increase your page rank
Didn't you hear...PageRank is pretty well dead (except for those who don't know it). Google keeps telling people to quit obsessing over PageRank. The lack of a recent update should be a hint.
Quote:
I would agree with this point. You are not going to earn the "go to" status if you don't invest in creating a good site in the eyes of your target audience.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Contributing Member

HTMLBasicTutor

Quote:
Didn't you hear...PageRank is pretty well dead
There is also a belief that they are waiting for the new Penguin and Panda updates to settle down before they update.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardalveranga View Post
HTMLBasicTutor

There is also a belief that they are waiting for the new Penguin and Panda updates to settle down before they update.
That really doesn't make any difference. PageRank is out dated as soon as they publish it in the toolbar.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Hi,
Linking to high PR site will definitely increase the traffic, but that site should be relevant to our product/services which we are providing to our customer. The link coming from authority site also valuable to site to increase the page rank.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:49 AM

It's true that linking to High PR Sites is always a beneficial but it is also true that finding a link fro these sites in a natural way is quite a hard goal. Although it is not a single way by which you can gain more PR but it is one of them.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

A high PR website need not be necessarily placed in top search results . A website which is many years old and have successfully earned numerous high PR back links could definitely have Good rank. The Page rank basically shows the genuineness of the site.It has nothing to do with SERPS.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Accoding to my experience, it's only worth linking back to Wikipedia... Other backlinks I don't think they will be helpful!

Old 09-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettypaul View Post
A high PR website need not be necessarily placed in top search results . A website which is many years old and have successfully earned numerous high PR back links could definitely have Good rank. The Page rank basically shows the genuineness of the site.It has nothing to do with SERPS.
With all due respect, PageRank is not dead and it most certainly is one of the more important ranking signals. Yes, I know you will tell me that you can find sites that outrank sites with higher PR. While that is true, that doesn't prove anything about the influence of PageRank.

Site A with the lower PR and higher rank for query 1 may have more links related to the query than site B with the higher PR and lower rank. In other words, if your PageRank is primarily from web design sites and the query is for SEO, you may be outranked by a site which has more relevant links for SEO.

Google would like us to stop obsessing about PageRank, and may never update the toolbar again, who knows? But PageRank is nothing more than a measurement of the importance of a page based on the number and quality of links coming to it. As long as links rock the SERPs, PageRank will be important.

To the OP
- linking out to high authority sites may well be a signal of relevance, just as heading tags are, but they are not a major ranking factor.

Let's connect on Google+ and share what we're reading and writing.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacekimi View Post
We're talking about linking *out* ...

Old 10-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

Backlinks from High Pr sites don not come easy (as Sagarika mentioned earlier). However, in my eyes when people obsess about linking to high PR sites for ranking lets me wonder about their true goal

1) Ranking High for personal gain

OR

2) Providing good quality content and putting your visitors first

Backlinks from these high PR sites to rank high is like taking steroids to qualify faster. You may qualify but other aspects of your body may suffer if you aren't in shape.

It may be difficult but it will take time for those High PR sites to link to you naturally. When they do, google may realize it is a natural link and those links will stick with you along with your ranking.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
We're talking about linking *out* ...
Original Post:

Quote:
Quote:
Backlinks from High Pr sites don not come easy (as Sagarika mentioned earlier). However, in my eyes when people obsess about linking to high PR sites for ranking lets me wonder about their true goal

1) Ranking High for personal gain

OR

2) Providing good quality content and putting your visitors first

Backlinks from these high PR sites to rank high is like taking steroids to qualify faster. You may qualify but other aspects of your body may suffer if you aren't in shape.

It may be difficult but it will take time for those High PR sites to link to you naturally. When they do, google may realize it is a natural link and those links will stick with you along with your ranking.
I think I may have misunderstood your OP. Because you said there was talk about linking to high PR sites, I thought you meant outbound links. Now I think you are probably talking only about getting links FROM high PR sites.

Prepositions can change meaning significantly. Links from a site are inbound links. Links to a site are outbound.

Both have value.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum