Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

SEO Strategies for People that Hate SEO

ha, a blog post for most of us. lol

Quote:
I know more than a few bloggers and small business owners that have this to say about SEO:

"Forget it!"

With Google rolling out updates on a monthly basis and constantly adding new wrinkles to their increasingly complex algorithm, it can seem impossible for the average blogger to keep up.

And with hundreds of horror stories about sites getting slapped with Google penalties for taking their SEO too far, playing it safe by "just publishing great content" can seem like a smart move.

But it's not.

In fact, hitting...
Continued at: http://www.searchengineguide.com/bri...t-hate-seo.php

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member

@Snakeair.

Firstly thanks for posting this link. This is really a kind of post showing how people (Specifically using bad practices in SEO) feel, if they are not rewarded for their actions - agony, frustration and arrogance.

Let's take an example. If got penalized due to Unnatural links, I will try to clean up my links till the time I didn't expect that "Now it's to to stop and working on a new domain". Now I again started to work on the new domain with the same practices - low quality content (copied due to hassle), spam comments in blogs, leaving URLs and Anchor text on web references in unsolicited manner.

Again I am on the same path of being collapsed. Consequently I will be disappointed and take Google responsible for hitting me without having any thought to change the way whatever I am doing.

Moral of the Story - Practice ethical SEO techniques to remain in existence---Be Social.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

After penguin 2.0 update in may 2013 I worked very cautiously on my site. I given full priority to create and publish quality and unique content only thinking that I can't be hit by the next Penguin update but in October I again hit hard by the Google, that really depressed me. Now I am working on a new site and doing SEO for it and paying full attention to those thing which can affect my site by later updates. I hope this time my all the hardwork pays off and I get positive results only.

@ snakeair thanks for sharing your post it contain some useful info, I'll work on that too. Hoping for the best.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:02 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Good read, but I'm not sure I agree with the last suggestion - getting links on resource pages - unless it's a high authority site and there aren't many links on the resource page. Otherwise, these look like the old fashioned link pages that Google now routinely ignores.

I've figured out that the bottom line is that G doesn't want site A, which went around the web and posted thousands of backlinks, to rank better than site B, which has never posted a backlink but has 50 genuine links from sites that highly recommend them. They may never perfect their algorithms for this, but you can bet they're going to keep working at it.

The other suggestions seem good, but number 2 and 3 might mean a lot of work for little return unless you get lucky.

None of these suggestions will work well if you have low-quality or spammy content, so again the focus comes back to quality content, which is what we'd all like to see in the Google serps, right?

Old 01-09-2014, 07:47 AM

Quality content yeah that's right but it just only half the story. Google truly appreciates a website with quality backlinks from authority sites.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum