Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

Post SEO Blog commenting

In blog Commenting giving keywords in username field is good to SEO or not?.. Some sites prefer to give keywords in username field. But some site deny to give such keywords in username filed? which one is healthier for SEO?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Contributing Member

Actually, Using keywords in name field is not bad for SEO, but try to add keywords with link in your comment. Because of this your chances will be increase to approve your comment.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Contributing Member

Most of the sites don't approve your comment if you use keyword as name. You can use real name with keyword as name for example: KristinaRoy@SEO services.

My point of view, using keywords in username field is not good in blog Commenting.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:56 AM

placing keyword as name its look like user come for spamming not to read the post.. according to me its better give real username in user name field..

Old 03-20-2014, 03:36 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaRoy View Post
Most of the sites don't approve your comment if you use keyword as name. You can use real name with keyword as name for example: KristinaRoy@SEO services.

My point of view, using keywords in username field is not good in blog Commenting.
Mostly backlinks are always given to keywords. If we are using KristinaRoy@SEO means how the backlink will be shown? Is it shown only to SEO or to the entire name?

Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member

There are two types of back links one is listing your site the other is using anchor text with key words. The anchor text usage has more kick to it.

Chris

Old 03-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadevan View Post
Mostly backlinks are always given to keywords. If we are using KristinaRoy@SEO means how the backlink will be shown? Is it shown only to SEO or to the entire name?
Backlink will be shown to entire name. Always remember, good blogs will never approve your comment if you place keyword in name section. Webmaster knows, your purpose to put comment on their blog.

In my view, linking is better than backlinks from good blogs.

For example: 1. Matt cutts approves your comment on his blog with real name.(You got only link from here)

2. A webmaster approves your comment with keyword in name section.(You got backlink from here)

In such cases, linking will be more helpful for your blog.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member

Using keywords in name option in blog commenting is not a spam, you can do this but now all quality delete keyword using comments.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

You need to keep it simple. Find out your key works for Google. SEO likes when you use a variety of key words. Also, link to sub tabs from your main website address. SEO like variety.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:15 AM

seo blog commenting you should to do as per Google guidelines. just read out the Google guidelines you get to know better whats do and donts

Old 03-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Like most had mentioned here... , Have the keyword in content (comment/message area) with a link as it will look more natural for the SE. But always have a meaningful comment based on the article (where your going to comment ) to get approval ( Also stick to same/similar niche).

Old 03-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

Leaving meanful comments

I go to sites where I have an interest in the subject. This makes it more enjoyable and your response will be more meaningful.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:44 PM

Yes use unique username well blog commenting is one of the easy way to improve your PR and SERP. However, you need to check whether the blog is dofolow or not, nofollow will not give you PR juice, only dofollow will provide you PR juice

Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainteq View Post
Most of the times I experienced that if I use Keyword as username the admin wont accept the comment. And more ever there will be number of character limit in username field, hence its better to use keywords as a link in comment section. Ofcourse using keyword as username good for SEO
Better to look for previous comment and how they are approved in the current blog system. But Having a keyword and anchor text in comment is more desirable, as it looks natural and can be do-follow in some of the cases .

Old 03-24-2014, 08:40 AM

This is a good way for SEO but if you won't do only this. Sources of links have to be very different.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

I just wanted to recommend something and that is to completely forget about commenting on blogs for the sake of gaining links. Nearly none of the expert SEOs these days use any of such outdated traditional methods which were useful a decade ago. If you really would like to post comments on blogs, use your official domain name, or even your personal name. The fact is, you will not get any magical outcomes from such incoming links.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

Page rank links, government, and educational back links are also important

Old 03-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

Yes its good !
Blog commenting is really an effective way to build backlinks. Thanks

Old 03-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

The fact is that many blog owners have wised up to how keywords are used in their comment systems. It's nearly impossible to find any blogs that are highly ranked and still provide do-follow comment links back to your website.

Many that I have talked to realise that if they do, they are likely to end up on a list of 'Top 20 high PR do-follow blogs' where people will spam their comment systems with nothing at all relevant to their content.

The best practice is not to be too worried about if a link is follow no-follow. Comment on relevant blogs in your industry in an effort to build relationships.

If you are wondering what to leave as a name in the comment system, most of the time it's best to use your real name as it's more likely to get accepted in the first place. As people have already mentioned in this thread, feel free to use variations such as @YourName-CompanyName, but avoid direct keyword stuffing.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

I have been doing SEO for 4 years. I have seen this happen. You need to use a tool to find do follow blogs. The number of do follow blogs is low

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum