Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-15-2016, 06:06 AM
Contributing Member

how to use social media to get backlinks to a site ?

hi all,

can anyone of you guys tell me how to get backlinks from social media to a site ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionresourcehair View Post
hi all,

can anyone of you guys tell me how to get backlinks from social media to a site ?
Erm...I don`t know if I completely understand your question.
To get backlinks from social media, you create an account and just share links from your website on the profile page of that account.
What do you want to accomplish by getting backlinks from social media?
If your aim is to get traffic, these backlinks are useful, but if your aim is a better position in the SERPs, you are wasting your time, because all of the links from social media are nofollowed.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Social media sites are not about getting backlinks.

http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ng-advice.html

Old 03-16-2016, 12:51 PM

create a cool social media item about one of your sites posts/pages, if people will talk about it and share it, at some point they will start linking to it as well

Old 03-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Social media cant count as a backlink, because google understands the concept of social sites

Old 03-16-2016, 07:43 PM

create a post on Facebook, talk about something and insert a link back to your website. tweet something on twitter and include a backlink to your website, etc.

for linkedin, pinterest, etc it is more or less than same of what you would do with Facebook and twitter.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

Social media is meant to spread your site worldwide, can say-just like a marketing.
Definetly Your social page influences the content of the search results.
To do more, Just insert a social media buttons and share buttons visible on your site.
Keep sharing your content / visual info with your site links on the page to get more traffic.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member

LOL!!! Most of these people don't want to spend any money on their business for real marketing, advertising and promotion. They pay for useless tools and slobber over stats and metrics that mean nothing but won't pay for real marketing - Go Figure!!

They all looking for those shortcuts, secret techniques and ways around rankings - When the fact is the same exact marketing strategies and advertising techniques that was used 100 years ago still work today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyalvin View Post
You should concern about promoting your niche on social media not about getting backlinks all the time. Spend a little budget on the marketing of your business.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:27 PM
Contributing Member

no any method simply post in your content and set in your profile it is count as a backlink.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
hi all,

No, as they've said, links are no follow. And it's a good thing because if they allow it as your backlinks spammer will going to bombard the social media. I can't imagine how does it looks like now.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
LOL!!! Most of these people don't want to spend any money on their business for real marketing, advertising and promotion. They pay for useless tools and slobber over stats and metrics that mean nothing but won't pay for real marketing - Go Figure!!

They all looking for those shortcuts, secret techniques and ways around rankings - When the fact is the same exact marketing strategies and advertising techniques that was used 100 years ago still work today!

All these lazy people are just searching for a magic bullet to get rich.
I have never seen such toxic mentality in any field of business as I see in IM.
And problem is, people that don`t know anything also don`t want to learn how to correctly do business.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member

thank you friends...

Old 03-17-2016, 05:07 AM
Contributing Member

does backlinks from social media doesnt affect serps ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post
To get backlinks from social media, you create an account and just share links from your website on the profile page of that account.
If your aim is to get traffic, these backlinks are useful, but if your aim is a better position in the SERPs, you are wasting your time, because all of the links from social media are nofollowed.
you have understood my question very well and answered it precisely but is that true that backlinks from social media doesnt affect the serps ???

Old 03-17-2016, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucey View Post
Social media cant count as a backlink, because google understands the concept of social sites
is this true ??? google doesnt consider social media backlinks ???

Old 03-17-2016, 05:30 AM
Banned

you can get visitor for your website by use social media, but according to me you cant get backlink

Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
you have understood my question very well and answered it precisely but is that true that backlinks from social media doesnt affect the serps ???
That is true. All the backlinks from social media are nofollowed and provide no SEO value.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:56 AM
Contributing Member

Social media links are no-follow links but if you have more followers and you share your posts in Social network sites you can get traffic to your site but from SEO perspective these links have no value and no impact on your ranking.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Contributing Member

That's not true! No follow links mean nothing and yes they do pass link juice. This has been proven so many times it is sick. A link is a link period! Different links have different weights - how much NOBODY BUT GOOGLE KNOWS!

Social validation is very much a part of search engine optimization and as such social media does effect SEO. Many of you are looking at social media links as part of SEO and links have nothing to do with SEO. Links are part of marketing / advertising / promotion.

Quote:
That is true. All the backlinks from social media are nofollowed and provide no SEO value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designstoredxb View Post
Social media links are no-follow links but if you have more followers and you share your posts in Social network sites you can get traffic to your site but from SEO perspective these links have no value and no impact on your ranking.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

First create great content before going to share your links with social media, you need to be active in blogs, tutorials and video blogs and add fresh content regularly in it. Then go for PPC ads to get more traffic to your website.If your content impresses audiences then your social media shares are liked by most of the people and you get more back-links.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webee View Post
First create great content before going to share your links with social media, you need to be active in blogs, tutorials and video blogs and add fresh content regularly in it. Then go for PPC ads to get more traffic to your website.If your content impresses audiences then your social media shares are liked by most of the people and you get more back-links.
by doing this we may get site traffic but what about backlinks ?

[removed]

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread