Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Administrator

What Bad SEO Advice Looks Like

Here is a list of what bad SEO advice looks like from Michael Martinez at SEO Theory:
Quote:
The worst SEO advice you can follow usually comes from the most popular Websites. These sites sell dreams and they don’t have to take accountability for their inexcusable pseudoscience. They publish or praise or fail to point out the flaws in the worst-written SEO case studies.

•Bad SEO advice takes an uncritical view of any case study that purports to explain some algorithmic process.
•Bad SEO advice promotes unlimited growth potential with new-found techniques and strategies.
•Bad SEO advice tells you that search engine optimization has changed in the last 5, 10, or 15 years.
•Bad SEO advice blames Google for your problems.
•Bad SEO advice never acknowledges the mistakes that preceded it.
•Bad SEO advice rewrites what other people say to make it support bad SEO advice.
•Bad SEO advice takes quotes out of context.
•Bad SEO advice comes in the form of “50 SEO Experts say …” articles.
•Bad SEO advice almost always comes gift-wrapped in blog posts with fifty thumbs up.
•Bad SEO advice never points out or admits to the problems with “great articles”.

It’s always Feel Good Day when you are wallowing in bad SEO advice. The future is bright and rosy, you have new tools to play with, and you can put the Dark Times behind you if you just charge forward and do what these guys did to get 150,000 visits with 1 article.
Part of How to Recover from the Penguin Algorithm In Less Than 1 Hour

Got more to add to the list?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

I like this guy ...lmao

Oh yeah all those lame SEO blogs (including Moz) that many follow!

Quote:
The worst SEO advice you can follow usually comes from the most popular Websites. These sites sell dreams and they don’t have to take accountability for their inexcusable pseudoscience. They publish or praise or fail to point out the flaws in the worst-written SEO case studies.
Ill add more later after some comments are made.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:34 PM

I have read the article and must say I don't agree with it (at least with some parts).

First: the title is misleading, he doesn't describe how to recover just explains how to start from scratch which is not recovery. Everyone knows you can always start from scratch.

Second: I don't believe in bad links, there are only less good links. Before the update you could rank only with low value links if you had a ton of them, now you need also high quality links but low value links don't downgrade your serps else I could knock everyone from the first page on google.

Third: he talks a lot but gives little value.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Contributing Member

The title of the post mentioned is really misleading and these people do it mainly to get high CTR but it really deceives webmasters who're not aware of carrying on bad seo advice.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 PM

I do not completely agree with you as there are some really good advices that starts from 50 Experts or 50 SEO Experts says..... These types of posts sometimes are very beneficial.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7loops View Post
I have read the article and must say I don't agree with it (at least with some parts).

First: the title is misleading, he doesn't describe how to recover just explains how to start from scratch which is not recovery. Everyone knows you can always start from scratch.

Second: I don't believe in bad links, there are only less good links. Before the update you could rank only with low value links if you had a ton of them, now you need also high quality links but low value links don't downgrade your serps else I could knock everyone from the first page on google.

Third: he talks a lot but gives little value.
That blog post was so funny and people fall for things online like now.

The title was misleading on purpose to get your attention like most of the wanna be SEO experts do. You never see the experts in the industry creating titles like that and making promises. Those experts Take there time to dig into your websites issue's and helps you fix them and put you on a good road to success.

So you say he is adding little value... ok then. Can you do better then him?

I like these words
Quote:
How do you tell the difference between Good SEO Advice and Bad SEO Advice? Good SEO Advice makes no ridiculous promises about the bright tomorrows of the future and it admits to the limitations of search engine marketing practices. Bad SEO Advice pretends that nothing bad will ever happen again if you just follow it.

Bad SEO advice led you to the Penguin algorithm. Why are Earth would you follow the practitioners of bad SEO advice on their next great journey of discovery? These people donít know what they are doing, what they are talking about, or what real search engine optimization is really all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehanegi View Post
I do not completely agree with you as there are some really good advices that starts from 50 Experts or 50 SEO Experts says..... These types of posts sometimes are very beneficial.
Where did you come up with 50 SEO experts from this article? Can you actually name 50 real SEO experts that us members would agree with all 50? I don't think so, I've been online for 16 years and can tell when wannabe SEO guys are clueless about SEO. Hell, lot of people on this forum give out poor advice and well do get called out on it to prove it.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:12 PM

I question your notion that you can recover from penguin in 1 hour. I almost prepared to say that's impossible. Sites sometimes may not recover at all. I don't know where you are pulling this information from

I strongly disagree with you. Moz is great and the information is fantastic. So where would you get your SEO strategies from if i may ask?

Yes i agree, hot air

Old 07-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

I find that anyone who speaks as though they are authoritative and claim some sort of knowledge are generally giving out bad advise. Particularly when they present hard numbers for things involving Google's algorithms.

Reality is, that Google keep the contents of their black box secret; no one really knows how it all works. Sure, we have a heap of vague ideas based on the odd comment that make, and observed results, however we are really all in the dark.

More knowledgeable and useful pundits recognise this, and don't claim to "know" anything.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum