Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Implication of multiple backlinks form the same source.

Looking at the "links to your site" in the Google Search console, I notice that some sites have more than then one backlink pointing to us.

Does it help to have 10 or 100 or 1000 backlinks from the same site, or is this irrelevant?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
A referring IP denotes an IP address a linking website is hosted on. Many SEOs believe that variety of IP addresses and IP neighbourhood (quality of other sites on the same IP) is a link profile quality factor. What Matt recommends is that you get links from different sites. Google does not give too much weight backlinks that come from the same sites. Backlinks that come from the same IP it will look unnatural and the value of the backlinks will be devalued.
More related articles below:

https://ahrefs.com/blog/35-common-li...rms-explained/
https://moz.com/community/q/same-ip-...search-engines
http://www.jonathanleger.com/blog/li...portant-is-it/

Old 07-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Google does not give too much weight backlinks that come from the same sites
So, there is SOME small and unquantified advantage to more than one backlink?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

There are two scenarios here, 1000 back links to one page and 1000 back links to different pages from single website.

1000 back links to a particular page of a website from one site is not possible unless it is part of main navigation of the site which is linking. Pointing to external site in main navigation is possible only if there is a real value to the visitors of the site.

Many back links to different pages of a website is possible if content is related, users get benefit from the content of external website and back links are well placed to help users get extra details etc.

From value point of view, it depends on how natural it is to have that many back links from one website, how users benefit from it and in the end how users react in terms of conversion.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:49 PM

If a website links to you from a generic spot on their site which is replicated on all their pages, then these multiple links won't have any value. However if you receive links from a handful of different pages of a site, within the content, and it's unique and relevant, then all these links can be more beneficial than just a single link. But it also comes down to the quality of the site linking to you.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:26 AM

Getting more than 100 backlinks from 1 site just for few weeks it might get penalized by Google.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishrao View Post
There are two scenarios here, 1000 back links to one page and 1000 back links to different pages from single website.

1000 back links to a particular page of a website from one site is not possible unless it is part of main navigation of the site which is linking. Pointing to external site in main navigation is possible only if there is a real value to the visitors of the site.

Many back links to different pages of a website is possible if content is related, users get benefit from the content of external website and back links are well placed to help users get extra details etc.

From value point of view, it depends on how natural it is to have that many back links from one website, how users benefit from it and in the end how users react in terms of conversion.
+1 great answer, it is a mix combination of quality and quantity.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by discounthomeoffice View Post
Getting more than 100 backlinks from 1 site just for few weeks it might get penalized by Google.
I could agree with your statement. That would surely raise some red flags in Googles eyes to take a look at your domain more closely which could not end well if they dive deeper into your domain, your content...etc

If the site your link is on is a quality website that doesn't break any of Googles Webmaster Guidelines and is somewhat related to your niche, I wouldn't bother worrying about the links.

Remember you can always email the website over and ask to have your domain removed from your website completely. I've did this before and the blog owner granted me my request because of a friendly email sent.

Plus in return I told the owner for doing this, I would share your blog online to my followers just 1 time. It was my thank you to the blog owner.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

I think it's not a problem if they are properly linked, like they have been linked as suited on the pages. But then, looking at how strong you backlink is, it would be better to have backlinks coming from a variety of sources. Too much from one source may seem manipulative on Google's end (IMO), and might get you penalized.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum