Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 10-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Question How to create 1 years SEO plan for blogging

It's almost 2017, I'm now thinking about the planning of new year SEO. I intend to create a SEO planning in document and set for a whole year (2017). However, I never do that before so I'm wondering what I should put in the planning sheet.

Anyone has any idea about that?

Last edited by kimseasok; 10-13-2016 at 08:12 PM. Reason: grammar error

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimseasok View Post
It's almost 2017, I'm now thinking about the planning of new year SEO. I intend to create a SEO planning in document and set for a whole year (2017). However, I never do that before so I'm wondering what I should put in the planning sheet.

Share some information about your blog. What is your blog theme and what you want to target with your blog?

For Blogging content planning is must and you have a list of topic which you're going to post on your blog. You can create a list of topic as per your category mentioned in your blog. If you have blog which is travel based then you can share post about where to visit as per month all across the country or in a specific location.

Then you must share all those post on the social media sites to engage users on your blog.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

Its not easy to planning your strategies for a whole year. Along with the time or new changes or challenges we need to do some changes in our plans or strategy. So i think its not a good idea to set your plan for the whole year.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

I wouldn't agree that planning upfront for an entire year is a bad thing.. In fact, in my opinion it is THE BEST thing you can do for your site, for your SEO and basically with anything in life.. We all have heard the famous saying "Failing to plan is planning to fail" which is true..

So even if there are changes with time, you can make plan revisions and make certain changes but at least you will be better prepared for them. You can even include change in your plans, "what if" scenarios, although regarding an SEO plan I would keep it simple.

So here's what you might do in my opinion:

1. Decide upfront what kind of backlinks you would like to acquire
2. Plan out your On-Page optimization for the first month (e.g. Week1 optimizing title tags and meta descriptions, Week2 fixing crawling errors such as 404s, Week3 removing duplicate content and internal linking, you get the idea... This can be done in a month or even in a week or sooner, depending on how big your site is)
3. Make a backlinking plan (Month1 - acquiring high-quality comment backlinks from authority sites in your niche, Month2 - Guest Posting on authority websites in your niche, Month3 - Creating Infographics and other Link Baiting campaigns and reaching out to potential linkerators (term invented by Brian Dean), Month4 - Starting your own PBN, and so on, and so on... You can go a step further and actually develop a plan with daily tasks, you can easily do this in Microsoft Project or a similar app, a Gantt Chart never fails to bring clarity into your daily work, I've been using it for years especially because I've been working as a Project Manager for quite a while)
4. Plan your SEO site audits (Perhaps you would like to audit your site once every month to check if everything is ok and that you haven't been hit by some negative SEO for example, which btw, shouldn't be neglected, I have lost thousands of dollars from simple things like this which I haven't noticed on time, such as a bot attacking my bounce rate which managed to take it from 25% to 95% in just a couple of days...)
5. Learning (Staying up-to-date with the latest trends, checking relevant sites and blogs such as MOZ, this very forum and others like it, industry experts and perhaps even investing in some program)
6. Fun (Celebrate your results SEO is not EASY to do and we often have to wait until we see some measurable results. Celebrate when they come, give yourself a pat on the back, so plan that out as well)
7. Last but not least - Be creative, this are just a couple of ideas that came out of my mind as I am writing, I am sure I missed a thousand other things as well, so think. The best way to learn how to plan is, well, start planning, think and ask questions. Give answers to those questions and always be aware of the risk-factor in anything and everything that you plan to do. Do a quick benefits/costs analysis and decide whether something is worth doing or you should better skip it

Now take action, reading won't do you any good

Mr.Who

Old 11-02-2016, 02:34 AM
Contributing Member

I think it's good. But at times we have to change few decisions as demanded by the situations.
I think on-page strategies is not that hard when you have right keywords in your hand. The real game starts when you are in off-page seo.
Keep experimenting and as always - have patience!

Old 11-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimseasok View Post

Hi there! Your intention of planning is good. However, you also have to consider the fact that there are some challenges that you might be facing ahead as well as some updates on the SEO trends... So I think you have to think over your plan again and go for a shorter period instead of 1 year...

Old 11-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

Blog update with automated social media sharing is best option for it.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogOfe34 View Post
Hi there! Your intention of planning is good. However, you also have to consider the fact that there are some challenges that you might be facing ahead as well as some updates on the SEO trends... So I think you have to think over your plan again and go for a shorter period instead of 1 year...
Well. When we talk about the plan, it should be SMART plan. It should long term and flexible plan.

Honestly, Many marketer said google did many change, but since 2010, I didn't Google change anything. Its goal is the same.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member

Rather than making annual SEO plan, I would like to suggest monthly plan instead. And, consider previous month traffic while preparing plan. Analise the previous month visitor's behavior, which type of content went viral and which flopped..
And based on all these parameters, make a monthly plan and go ahead with the same.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:52 AM
Contributing Member

Planning SEO for a year is interesting.
First, you build contents monthly. what contents? it belongs to your targets. You could publish 3 - 5 posts a week. Write long and creative contents for old topics, write new contents for trend topics.
Second, promote your site on social networks, build 10 - 15 high-quality backlinks a day
Third, tracking traffic from where, adjust contents more relevant and beneficial for your audiences
Fourth, increase connect to your audiences by using social networks and email marketing.Build your audiences bigger and use this list for marketing.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

A year is too far ahead in my opinion. Google updates would ruin your plans possibly. What if twitter finally went under? What if FB finally stopped any organic traffic...etc etc.

A rough idea of what you will be doing in 6 months is always good, a 3 month action plan is a great idea. 1 year, no point in my opinion, too many future variable that are out of your control. Just my take on it though.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How about have a 3 month road map then re-evaluate those past 3 months and make adjustments.

Google is changing things all the time so you might have to change your plan more then 1 1 time.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Who View Post
I wouldn't agree that planning upfront for an entire year is a bad thing.. In fact, in my opinion it is THE BEST thing you can do for your site, for your SEO and basically with anything in life.. We all have heard the famous saying "Failing to plan is planning to fail" which is true..

So even if there are changes with time, you can make plan revisions and make certain changes but at least you will be better prepared for them. You can even include change in your plans, "what if" scenarios, although regarding an SEO plan I would keep it simple.

2. Plan out your On-Page optimization for the first month (e.g. Week1 optimizing title tags and meta descriptions, Week2 fixing crawling errors such as 404s, Week3 removing duplicate content and internal linking, you get the idea... This can be done in a month or even in a week or sooner, depending on how big your site is)
3. Make a backlinking plan (Month1 - acquiring high-quality comment backlinks from authority sites in your niche, Month2 - Guest Posting on authority websites in your niche, Month3 - Creating Infographics and other Link Baiting campaigns and reaching out to potential linkerators (term invented by Brian Dean), Month4 - Starting your own PBN, and so on, and so on... You can go a step further and actually develop a plan with daily tasks, you can easily do this in Microsoft Project or a similar app, a Gantt Chart never fails to bring clarity into your daily work, I've been using it for years especially because I've been working as a Project Manager for quite a while)
4. Plan your SEO site audits (Perhaps you would like to audit your site once every month to check if everything is ok and that you haven't been hit by some negative SEO for example, which btw, shouldn't be neglected, I have lost thousands of dollars from simple things like this which I haven't noticed on time, such as a bot attacking my bounce rate which managed to take it from 25% to 95% in just a couple of days...)
5. Learning (Staying up-to-date with the latest trends, checking relevant sites and blogs such as MOZ, this very forum and others like it, industry experts and perhaps even investing in some program)
6. Fun (Celebrate your results SEO is not EASY to do and we often have to wait until we see some measurable results. Celebrate when they come, give yourself a pat on the back, so plan that out as well)
7. Last but not least - Be creative, this are just a couple of ideas that came out of my mind as I am writing, I am sure I missed a thousand other things as well, so think. The best way to learn how to plan is, well, start planning, think and ask questions. Give answers to those questions and always be aware of the risk-factor in anything and everything that you plan to do. Do a quick benefits/costs analysis and decide whether something is worth doing or you should better skip it

Mr.Who
Great Ideas...!

What should be the first priority..? On page or off page..? o needs to work on parallel

Old 11-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

I've never created an SEO plan, but in my opinion it would be best to first set goals. What are your ambitions? Which keywords do you want to rank for? How high exactly do you want your pages to rank?

Be ambitious when setting goals, but keep in mind that in order to achieve them, they have to be realistic. You should always set SMART goals. SMART stands for:
S – Specific (or Significant).
M – Measurable (or Meaningful).
A – Attainable (or Action-Oriented).
R – Relevant (or Rewarding).
T – Time-bound (or Trackable).

After having set your goals, you can work out your plan. Come up with the steps that are required to achieve your goals and ambitions. Be as detailed and comprehensive as possible.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Who View Post

Mr.Who
I've never heard of "Failing to plan is planning to fail", but I really like that quote. I've written it down for when I need it in the future.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum