Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-05-2016, 04:44 AM

Seo experiment - how I got my website from unindexet to #2 on Google

Hey guys, I work in the affiliate business, which means I create a lot of websites and test a lot of different stuff to try to make them rank.
For that I use WordPress, where I have managed to make a website go from unindexet to #2 on Google within a few days,
which I thought some of you might find interesting

A little disclaimer is that I did this on medium competition keywords, and not high competition

Anyways here's the "recipe" that I used to make this possible

Meta data:
It's improtant to make your meta data top notch.
First of all you wanna go to settings > general and choose the language you want the website to rank for.
URL structure is also really important, so go to settings > permalinks and choose "post name", ideally you customize it for every page though, so it's optimized.
After that is done install "Yoast" or "All in one Seo" and set that up, there is lots of guides for that, so I'm not gonna go in depth with that.

Only 1 H1
A lot of themes have the flaw that they have multiple H1's which can really harm your SEO, so make sure this is not the case with your theme, to check it
view the source and search for H1, this is very critical.

Low spam score
There's lots of factors in spam scores, here's how to avoid a few ones easily:
- Add a contact email or form, this is important
- Every article should be 1000+ words
- Do not hide or make links hard to see, this is a huge factor

Sitemap and breadcrumbs
It's important to have a sitemap, and less important to have breadcrumbs, but it's a nice little extra thing that Google rewards.
Yoast and many other plugins offer both of these things.

Pagespeed: Google insight
Pagespeed is becomign one of the biggest factors, so it's important to have an eye on it, a great tool for this is Google's own tool,
which you can find here: developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

It's not hard to hit a score of 100/100, all you need to do is install plugins that does following things:
There is a ton of things that can do these things, I have written some examples plugins after each point
- Minification (better wp minify, w3 cache)
- Move scripts to footer (scripts to footer)
- Remove Google fonts and other external code (remove google fonts)
- Caching (w3 cache, super cache)

It's important to note that if your website is built with Jquery or the like, moving Jquery to footer might cause some functionality to not work.
It's a big flaw to have a website which is built with that nowadays though, so you might wanna consinder switching theme if that is your case

Backlinks
A lot of people say that links and mentions is more than half of your SEO, which is why things like linkbuilding is very important.
There is a lot linkbuilding techinques, like creating great content, infographics and much more.
Since my websites are affiliate sites, I don't have content that people naturally link to, therefor I buy links for all of my websites
In my example where my website went from unindexet to rank 2 on Google, I bought links here: [removed]
There is a lot of great backlink providers, but currently I use the mentiod one

I hope some of you guys can use my little "recipe" or "guide" even though I know it's not a lot of information, it is enough to make a website rank well.
So instead fo spending thousand of dollars on some seo expert, go do it yourself!

I'll do my best to answer question
Have a great day
Over and out

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasj View Post
Since my websites are affiliate sites, I don't have content that people naturally link to, therefor I buy links for all of my websites
In my example where my website went from unindexet to rank 2 on Google, I bought links here: [removed]
There is a lot of great backlink providers, but currently I use the mentiod one
As noted on Sitepoint where you cross posted this,
Buying links is against Google TOS if meant to manipulate ranking.
Quote:
Link schemes

Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site's ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.
Link schemes

The rest of your magic solution is basic good SEO.

Also, a new site can rank for non competitive phrases within a couple of days of being indexed and then it settles where it belongs in the SERPs.

If you are logged into Google or don't clear your browser cache of cookies when checking Google learns/remembers what you like to search for.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
If you are logged into Google or don't clear your browser cache of cookies when checking Google learns/remembers what you like to search for.
Is using a private (or incognito) browser tab sufficient to prevent your personal search history from affecting your displayed results? I've seen differing opinions on that point.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
Is using a private (or incognito) browser tab sufficient to prevent your personal search history from affecting your displayed results? I've seen differing opinions on that point.
Here is some information right from Google for you Bob:
Quote:
You’re in control of what information you share with Google when you search. To browse the web more privately, you can use private browsing, sign out of your account, change your custom results settings, or delete past activity....

...How private browsing works

•Searches you do, sites you visit, and files you download aren't recorded in your browsing and download histories.
•Cookies are deleted after you close your private browsing window.

...Remove all custom results

Your search and ad results may be customized even if you're signed out. For example, you might see results based on which results you click, including links to apps.

To remove these results, follow these steps:
1.Make sure you're signed out of your Google Account.
2.Open the Control your Google ads page.

3.Next to "Ads based on your interests," turn off the setting. This will turn the setting off for anyone who uses your same browser and device unless they sign in....
Search and browse privately - Google Search Help

Quote:
...When activity is saved

Activity is saved when you're signed in to your Google Account on any device. When an Activity control is turned on, Google may store information based on this setting.

Note: If you use more than one account at the same time, activity might get saved in your default account.

Learn more about the information we collect and how we use it to make our services work better for you.
Control what activity gets saved to your account - Google Search Help

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread