Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Banned

Penalized or banned websites

How to check penalized or banned websites ?

Please friends ........ share your opinion

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

It's easy if you own a website, check it via webmaster tools (now search console).
You will recieve a message from google in webmaster tools if you do something wrong. On the other side if you don't own a website it's harder to see if site is penalized or not.
I personally check sites that i don't own in a way that i go on that site and check it.

1. I see how many posts/articles this site have (if it's site with lot content, or a few)
2. I go to google and type this - site:www. domain. com
3. Then i see how many pages/posts/articles of this site are showing in google

If it's showing a low amount of results, the i assume it's penalized

I hope i helped, this is just my way of checking it

Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Banned

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Old 12-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Right information is given by @kova and there is also a way that hosting providers will also give you the information that is your website is been penalized or not?

Old 12-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

If your site is banned or penalized you'll notify by google through your webmaster account. Your site can be penalized or it can be banned from google database both are different conditions. Whenever google update its algorithm, your site can be penalized if it violates the guidelines. Penguin and Panda are two major algorithm.

If your site lose its ranking on SERP that means your site is penlized and at that time you need to find out about the algorithm update to get the reason of penalty. i.e. if google updates panda algorithm of your site lose its ranking then it indicates that you have used duplicate or low quality content in your website. So if you want to recover your site form the penalty then you need to add fresh content or good quality content in your site.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member

If your sites dont show on SERP it means your site is banned or removed from google database. Even you can also check the penalty message via your webmaster account. And if your site lose its ranking during the period of google updates it also indicate of penalty on site but you can remove that penalty from your site.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:55 AM
Banned

many Way for check out our website banned and penalized in search engine or not,

1).Check Whether Your Site is Still Indexed:
Go to Google and type in site:yourdomain.com
2).check webmaster tools for a manual penalty;
3).stay current regarding the Google updates.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren620 View Post
many Way for check out our website banned and penalized in search engine or not,

3).stay current regarding the Google updates.
What in the heck has this got to do with the OP's issue/question??

Old 12-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Contributing Member

you can search your domain name OR domain name directly in Google search to check its penalty status.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by auraiyaits View Post
you can search your domain name OR domain name directly in Google search to check its penalty status.
It's not accurate way to check domain is penalized or not.if domain not index in Google it's not mean it penalized.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:13 AM
Banned

Google Webmaster tool is best option to check either your website is penalized or not.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I would just use the Google search engine and check my traffic stats like I do in great detail once a week to compare the previous weeks numbers.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
It's not accurate way to check domain is penalized or not.if domain not index in Google it's not mean it penalized.
I don't think there can be chances of a domain not getting cached unless and until you are not blocking Google from crawling your website.

Till now this is the effective technique to check whether website is penalized or not.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then which is the accurate way to check domain is penalized or not apart from Google indexed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraajverma View Post
If your sites dont show on SERP it means your site is banned or removed from google database. Even you can also check the penalty message via your webmaster account. And if your site lose its ranking during the period of google updates it also indicate of penalty on site but you can remove that penalty from your site.
Any way to get back my penalized domain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrichard View Post
Google Webmaster tool is best option to check either your website is penalized or not.
How to check in Google webmaster, my site is penalized or not

Old 12-15-2016, 03:17 AM

Via Google Webmasters.

Register your website and check the queries. I don't think you're banned from Google index, you were probably penalized for something and your site is pushed way back in the search results. You'll see that based on the position for search queries in the Webmaster dashboard.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Desai View Post
I don't think there can be chances of a domain not getting cached unless and until you are not blocking Google from crawling your website.

Till now this is the effective technique to check whether website is penalized or not.
Yes searching domain. com in Google is one of the way to check domain in penalized. If you know any other way then share here. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Recently someone started a thread about determining if a site has been penalized. Google's John Mueller must have had ESP:
Quote:
Google's John Mueller said in a Google Webmaster Help thread that any of those third-party Google penalty checker tools are not valid. In fact, he said the only folks outside of Google who can check if a site has a penalty are those with access to your site in the Google Search Console.

In Google Search Console it shows manual actions, it does not show automated actions like Penguin, Panda or other animals. No tool really can that webmasters might have access to....
Google: Only Site Owner Can See If They Have A Penalty; Not Third-Party Tools
Dec 13, 2016 Search Engine Roundtable

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread