Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 02-08-2017, 11:30 AM
MrJunaidShahid MrJunaidShahid is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 01-31-17
Location: Lahore
Posts: 101
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Is nofollow link matter?

Can you give me example of nofollow and dofollow example? I'm elaborate it.
On other hand did nofollow have some importance or don't create nofollow even from high DA or PA etc..
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 02-08-2017, 01:07 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,634
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJunaidShahid View Post
Can you give me example of nofollow and dofollow example? I'm elaborate it.
On other hand did nofollow have some importance or don't create nofollow even from high DA or PA etc..
If you are obsessing over whether links have, or don't have the nofollow attribute, you are completely wasting your time. Let's see if anyone else here can add why that is so...
 
  #3  
Old 02-08-2017, 03:58 PM
EdwardSmith EdwardSmith is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-04-17
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Right click on a link.
Click on inspect.
If the highlighted text does not contain the word nofollow then it is a dofollow link.
For every dofollow link to your website, search engines such as google will give you a little bit more respect and move your website very slightly higher in its ratings.
A nofollow link probably doesent count for anything, but Im not too sure (nofollow links from respected sites like wikipedia probably do).

Thats how I see it, but Im probably wrong.
I got my degree in computer science 25 years ago, before the internet, when people programmed in COBOL and Pascal.
 
  #4  
Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,634
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardSmith View Post
For every dofollow link to your website, search engines such as google will give you a little bit more respect and move your website very slightly higher in its ratings.
A nofollow link probably doesent count for anything, but Im not too sure (nofollow links from respected sites like wikipedia probably do).
While links without the "nofollow" attribute pass PageRank, we don't know how much, and don't know what a pages given PageRank is these days.

However, links with the "nofollow" attribute, are still good for traffic and are part of one's link profile, which is purported to be a ranking signal.
 
  #5  
Old 02-08-2017, 07:50 PM
gacon gacon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 01-24-13
Location: US
Posts: 211
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Nofollow link is still value, especially from high quality sites like Wikipedia, CNN, YouTube, Reddit, Quora... because it gives you PA, DA from these sites. And the Nofollow link is also giving you more traffics
 
  #6  
Old 02-08-2017, 08:23 PM
christopher_m_b's Avatar
christopher_m_b christopher_m_b is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-08-17
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Links stay links, and are as good as any other link. What it boils down to is the quality of site the link is displayed.
 
  #7  
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,634
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher_m_b View Post
Links stay links, and are as good as any other link.
Not all links are created equal. I'd give up every link in our link profile for one link that delivers qualified leads with regularity.
 
  #8  
Old 02-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Carlbrewster Carlbrewster is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-17-16
Posts: 174
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If you're getting link from a reputed site having good DA or PA and quality content. Than it'll be a quality backlink for your site if its a nofollow link.
 
  #9  
Old 02-09-2017, 12:14 AM
MrJunaidShahid MrJunaidShahid is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 01-31-17
Location: Lahore
Posts: 101
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardSmith View Post
Right click on a link.
Click on inspect.
If the highlighted text does not contain the word nofollow then it is a dofollow link.
For every dofollow link to your website, search engines such as google will give you a little bit more respect and move your website very slightly higher in its ratings.
A nofollow link probably doesent count for anything, but Im not too sure (nofollow links from respected sites like wikipedia probably do).

Thats how I see it, but Im probably wrong.
I got my degree in computer science 25 years ago, before the internet, when people programmed in COBOL and Pascal.

thanks for your reply, I know how to find nofollow and do one link but I want to know that is nofollow have any importance.. and according to you, you are also not sure about no follow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
While links without the "nofollow" attribute pass PageRank, we don't know how much, and don't know what a pages given PageRank is these days.

However, links with the "nofollow" attribute, are still good for traffic and are part of one's link profile, which is purported to be a ranking signal.

I think that's the answer I want to know because I have 98 percent no follow links to my blog that's why I'm lil confused..

Last edited by snakeair; 02-09-2017 at 07:15 AM.
 
  #10  
Old 02-09-2017, 01:17 AM
david.jones david.jones is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-01-17
Posts: 44
iTrader: 0 / 0%
if you submit your link in someone site and he set do-follow tag for your link it means his site following back to you.
 
  #11  
Old 02-09-2017, 04:18 AM
Aegissoftwares's Avatar
Aegissoftwares Aegissoftwares is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-01-17
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes Do follow link passes some credit of page to other page. And if website have high DA/PA so it will definitely helps in ranking as well to other site.
 
  #12  
Old 02-09-2017, 04:35 AM
Woomeister's Avatar
Woomeister Woomeister is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-10-16
Location: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,262
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.jones View Post
if you submit your link in someone site and he set do-follow tag for your link it means his site following back to you.
You CANNOT set do follow IT IS NOT ATTRIBUTABLE....


*jumps up and down, then bangs head against wall.

I'm just off to try and herd some cats LMD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitri_Shah View Post
Nofollow link has value when it is from high quality sites like Wikipedia, CNN, YouTube, Reddit, Quora, Pinterest, etc. as it gives PA, DA from these sites.
Rubbish, absolute rubbish.

There is no link juice passed by no-follow links. There are benefits but not for ranking pages.

Stop talking nonsense and guessing at stuff, its not useful and its damn annoying.
 
  #13  
Old 02-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Registernuke's Avatar
Registernuke Registernuke is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-25-13
Location: Some Where in Arizona
Posts: 1,078
iTrader: 0 / 0%
In regards to the opening thread and your question, I would encourage you to take a good look at:

What About Nofollow Links?
http://www.webpagemistakes.ca/nofollow/

It has some good info on on the topic of No follow links and the description and history of what it actually is and the emphasis of the benefits of something called "reputation".

Personally I have also found that the following article also gave more of a well rounded viewpoint of the the subject matter as well:

How Nofollow Links Can Also Enhance Your Website
http://www.sitepronews.com/2016/02/0...-your-website/

http://www.seoblog.com/2014/06/nofol...odern-day-seo/

My brief personal thoughts is that any link can be of benefit for bringing more traffic whether it's "red" or "blue".
Any link can bring not only a visitor but a possible conversion and a possible permanent client or a new customer.
 
  #14  
Old 02-09-2017, 03:19 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,634
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
You CANNOT set do follow IT IS NOT ATTRIBUTABLE....
*jumps up and down, then bangs head against wall.

I'm just off to try and herd some cats LMD!
A little help from Jack Daniels usually does the trick.
 
  #15  
Old 02-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Woomeister's Avatar
Woomeister Woomeister is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-10-16
Location: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,262
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
A little help from Jack Daniels usually does the trick.
It would have down 10 years ago, when I was a drinker!

But having said that JD would have been way down on a very long list...too many Malts available in the UK.

Bombay Saphire with a threat of tonic would have been my first choice if spirits were involved.
 
  #16  
Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 PM
vaguar vaguar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 1,022
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Install this chrome extension called nofollow. Then surf around a bit and you'll see for yourself which links are nofollow & which ones aren't. It's important to have both. Many people, particularly bloggers, will give you nofollow links these days. So not having plenty of these will make your link profile look unnatural to search engines. Also, nofollow links can help get traffic to your site, so it helps to have them.
 
  #17  
Old 02-11-2017, 10:25 AM
luffy268's Avatar
luffy268 luffy268 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-24-16
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Nofollow links donít allow search engine bots to follow your links. They donít help you to boost Page Rank, website rankings and have no SEO value.
But I think if all backlinks to your site are Dofollow links, it can be hurt your ranking... because it doesn't seem natural..))
For my opinion, 70(do)-30(no) is a sound ratio
 
  #18  
Old 02-11-2017, 03:27 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,634
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy268 View Post
Nofollow links don’t allow search engine bots to follow your links. They don’t help you to boost Page Rank, website rankings and have no SEO value.
But I think if all backlinks to your site are Dofollow links, it can be hurt your ranking... because it doesn't seem natural..))
For my opinion, 70(do)-30(no) is a sound ratio
When you stress over the type of links you are trying to obtain (nofollow or not), you are trying to shape your link profile. Google has always stated that links should be natural. When you go about trying to shape things like one's link profile - that's not natural.

When you also start picking numbers out of a hat, those that know less about this sort of thing than you, might actually think you know something about this sort of thing - which you don't.
 
  #19  
Old 02-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Woomeister's Avatar
Woomeister Woomeister is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-10-16
Location: Gloucestershire
Posts: 1,262
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
When you stress over the type of links you are trying to obtain (nofollow or not), you are trying to shape your link profile. Google has always stated that links should be natural. When you go about trying to shape things like one's link profile - that's not natural.

When you also start picking numbers out of a hat, those that know less about this sort of thing than you, might actually think you know something about this sort of thing - which you don't.
I said similar...but my comment disappeared.
 
  #20  
Old 02-11-2017, 08:03 PM
OleChesterBeans OleChesterBeans is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-11-17
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
no follow are easy to get and good to help water down aggressive anchor text. If a lot of your dofollow links have anchor text that is very specific to what your site is about, (Ex. Site for cupcakes with the anchor text as cupcakes) then these links could be useful to add ones like naked urls or "click here" anchor text.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (0 members and 16 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7 Link Quality Metrics That Matter snakeair SEO Forum 6 11-26-2012 03:43 AM
100 link "rule" - does nofollow matter? phoenix06007 SEO Forum 12 10-11-2008 02:59 AM
A Link to Google: Does it matter? Nick SEO Forum 10 04-22-2006 10:03 PM
Does langauge in a link matter crazyhorse Google Forum 1 06-27-2004 07:02 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC