Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-31-2017, 01:05 AM
Contributing Member

Number of backlinks from one domain

I was wondering what peoples opinion is on the best number of backlink to your site from one domain is?
I have read that 100s of links back to your site from one domain is considered spammy by google and could affect your sites ranking. Yet if you put your link in your signature on forums such as this one and are quite active in postings you can easily end up with hundreds of backlinks.
I did majestic research on a competitors websites and they have over 100k back links from just 18 domain names according to majestic and they appear on page 1 of Google for a competitive keyword and have a trust flow of 53 and citation flow of 50 so it has obviously not harmed their ranking.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-31-2017, 05:05 AM

It is not important that how many website are recommending your website and how much backlinks you have. but when you have multipal pages and you are always targeting single page for getting backlinks or high rank then google will consider it as a spamming work.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:56 AM
Contributing Member

According to Matt Cutts, if you write a guest blog post that features multiple links back to your domain, you could encounter problem. It's better to use twice as much as.

Last edited by KevinJohnson1; 03-31-2017 at 05:59 AM.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

Thats interesting, i had always been under the assumption that i should just go for one backlink per website

Old 03-31-2017, 09:19 AM

very interesting question. I am sure many linkbuilders had it. It is better to have one link from the site or several but not hundreds of them

Old 03-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy99 View Post
I was wondering what peoples opinion is on the best number of backlink to your site from one domain is?
I have read that 100s of links back to your site from one domain is considered spammy by google and could affect your sites ranking. Yet if you put your link in your signature on forums such as this one and are quite active in postings you can easily end up with hundreds of backlinks.
I did majestic research on a competitors websites and they have over 100k back links from just 18 domain names according to majestic and they appear on page 1 of Google for a competitive keyword and have a trust flow of 53 and citation flow of 50 so it has obviously not harmed their ranking.
Its no big deal at all and not considered spammy, unless the links are from a spammy place and wholly irrelevant to your site.

Covered here by Rand Fishkin https://moz.com/blog/10-myths-that-s...teboard-friday

Old 04-01-2017, 08:08 AM

Yes one link from one domain is good and taking more from the same can be considered as spammy.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav05 View Post
Yes one link from one domain is good and taking more from the same can be considered as spammy.
Did you read the blog post that was just shared? Read it and share your thoughts on the blog post.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:02 PM

When I run a search through SEMrush or other programs, all the top ranked page competitors have tons of links from the same site. I need to figure out how they did it

Old 04-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurexbob View Post
I am also on a detailed research in the same question as you said.

If you use multiple sites to create dofollow backlinks or no follow backlinks then its awesome but making a huge number of backlinks from one site is not at all a good idea. There are lots of sites which create do follow backlinks.

V7nForum

Joomla Forum
CNET Forum
Mysql Forum
Digital point Forum
Affiliate Marketing

Check it out. Hope it helps.
You didn't read the previous posts either then??? Do some research before guessing at an answer. As for listing sites that give back links???

Old 04-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomshoveler View Post
When I run a search through SEMrush or other programs, all the top ranked page competitors have tons of links from the same site. I need to figure out how they did it
i think,maybe they will brought backlinks from sites, here is the another example from my competitor

Old 04-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Contributing Member

No matter how many backlinks that you have (700; 1000; or more; etc.), the importance is how quality those backlinks are.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member

Nice article that 10 myths, before to reading it i've some fears that let down. Thanks for sharing it. But I can say some Unauthorised sites link will diminish rankings.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

I have one site that provides me with over 10000 links, so do most of competitors. That is how yellowpages.com.au works. Being the "official" phone book, nearly everyone is in it.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvywarner View Post
one link for one site
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcshubha View Post
Getting many links from one domain is not good. So try to get link from multiple domain
I have about 4000 just from this site with no ranking issues that I've found.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:48 PM

i think if you getting backlinks with proper methods then it does not matter how many links comes from a single website....spam only happen when you try put irrelevant comments to get referral from website...be honest with your comment, you will always be benefitted

Old 04-09-2017, 02:55 AM
Banned

I always still use web 2.0 to build backlinks and have lots of links pointing to the main site, The method is pointing to many pages on my main site and that does not hurt SEO even though I have a lot of backlinks from a web 2.0. I think if you just point to only a page on the main site like home page then it's called spam

Old 04-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind00557 View Post
...spam only happen when you try put irrelevant comments to get referral from website
Which has little to do with one's link profile and everything to do with how a a site/forum is moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind00557 View Post
...be honest with your comment, you will always be benefitted
You can be honest (in your own mind at least) when commenting, but it won't negate moderating if comments add little or nothing to a thread.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:06 AM

look

Diversification of backlink is necessary. Do not use same anchor text again and again. Do not make backlink on single link. And last but not the least it will be a wise decision to have only 2 - 3 links from a single domain and not more then that because a number of referring domains matter not the number of links.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasiskomal View Post
And last but not the least it will be a wise decision to have only 2 - 3 links from a single domain and not more then that because a number of referring domains matter not the number of links.
So, it's your high-level experience that having more links from a domain that could deliver qualified traffic is a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanya_lucky View Post
If you have more than 5 backlinks from one ip address, some seach engines will be perceive this backlinks like a toxic backlinks. I have some trouble with it. In Semrush Dashboard you can see this issues if you have the same problem
Before I unsubscribe from this thread because of the fluffy junk replies, I will repeat one more time: I've got around 4000 links from this site. I've not experience this "toxic" ranking issue, as you put it. How do you explain that?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread