Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-14-2017, 05:12 AM

All dofollow backlinks

Hello, I have made a critical mistake, I build all backlinks dofollow without nofollow backlinks, now my backlinks profile has only 5-10% nofollow backlinks and that's very unnatural.
So what should I do now? Will building some nofollow solve the issue? Or maybe I should disavow some dofollow so this will increase % of nofollow?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017, 05:52 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As per Google guidelines, you must have to maintain a ratio of both links. If you build all the backlinks with dofollow attributes, your profile looks like unnatural. And Its increase the chance to penalize your blog or websites.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:35 AM

I already know this, and I haven't got any penalty, but still I think my rank is too low for my backlinks, so maybe that's because it looks unnatural?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

It truly seems unnatural. All you need to build some nofollow backlinks manually.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhalle View Post
It truly seems unnatural. All you need to build some nofollow backlinks manually.
But i have seen a lot of webpages ranking with 90% dofollow links

So how they do rank?

Old 04-14-2017, 07:56 AM

I have also some rank, I get several hundreds visitors per day from Google but I think my Dofollow profile should be bringing some thousands not hundreds

Old 04-14-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toka View Post
Hello, I have made a critical mistake, I build all backlinks dofollow without nofollow backlinks, now my backlinks profile has only 5-10% nofollow backlinks and that's very unnatural.
So what should I do now? Will building some nofollow solve the issue? Or maybe I should disavow some dofollow so this will increase % of nofollow?
Relax, Don't disavow any of your dofollow backlinks. Create some nofollow.

BTW 90% dofollow link wouldn't harm your website untill and unless they are from a spammy or a low quality website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJohnson1 View Post
As per Google guidelines, you must have to maintain a ratio of both links. If you build all the backlinks with dofollow attributes, your profile looks like unnatural. And Its increase the chance to penalize your blog or websites.
No offence kevin , Can you PM the link where you have seen these guidelines defining these percentages !

Old 04-14-2017, 09:33 AM

Most of my backlinks are from normal/good quality sites, I am building some nofollows

Old 04-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJohnson1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordpressmigrator View Post
No offence kevin , Can you PM the link where you have seen these guidelines defining these percentages !
I would like to see that too Kevin. On this guideline page: Link schemes there is no reference to ratios.

In fact, it stats:
Quote:
...The best way to get other sites to create high-quality, relevant links to yours is to create unique, relevant content that can naturally gain popularity in the Internet community. Creating good content pays off: Links are usually editorial votes given by choice, and the more useful content you have, the greater the chances someone else will find that content valuable to their readers and link to it...
So if the OP did not use any of the scheme methods listed in the article all is good.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think it's not the problem. You should share more on social site to get more nofollow backlinks.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:10 AM

yes gacon says true you need to add URL to different social media sites platforms. like Facebook, twitter, vk, pinterest etc these back links are no follow. the level of links will be automatically be equal.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:37 PM

Keep dofollow and nofollow links are equal and avoid google penalty

Old 04-16-2017, 11:02 PM

You have to maintain ratio between dofollow and nofollow. Comment some high authority website where you can get nofollow backlink and they should be High DA PA. If possible get some wikipedia backlink and edu gov backlink because they gives you high authority nofollow backlinks.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

do not brother do follow and no follow backlinks I think both are important so make them equally you will never punish by search engine

Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 PM

you have to do blog commenting,it give nofollow link,keep dofollow and nofollow links are more or less equal is you not maintain the ratio the links are unnatural, so maintain the links in the ratio

Old 04-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Ultimately, it all comes down to what everyone else in your niche is doing. If everyone is building dofollow links then search engines would have to penalise everyone! That's not going to work out. So before you rush to do anything take some time to use a tool like ahrefs or semrush to figure out the link profile of your top competitors and see if it matches yours.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imided70 View Post
yes gacon says true you need to add URL to different social media sites platforms. like Facebook, twitter, vk, pinterest etc these back links are no follow. the level of links will be automatically be equal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digipush View Post
Keep dofollow and nofollow links are equal and avoid google penalty
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssitoke View Post
You have to maintain ratio between dofollow and nofollow. Comment some high authority website where you can get nofollow backlink and they should be High DA PA. If possible get some wikipedia backlink and edu gov backlink because they gives you high authority nofollow backlinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsahi View Post
do not brother do follow and no follow backlinks I think both are important so make them equally you will never punish by search engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by digipush View Post
you have to do blog commenting,it give nofollow link,keep dofollow and nofollow links are more or less equal is you not maintain the ratio the links are unnatural, so maintain the links in the ratio
Apparently none of you read the whole thread before responding because if you had you would have seen wordpressmigrator and I already challenged KevinJohnson1 to provide proof there is some kind of ratio required when looking at nofollow vs links that do not have the nofollow attribute.

If you are going to make a statement like there is some kind of ratio we should follow back it up with information from a reputable source. Right from Google would be best.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:44 PM

Yes, it's likely the reason. but also might because of your backlinks come from low PA pages

Old 04-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy2016 View Post
Yes, it's likely the reason. but also might because of your backlinks come from low PA pages
PA (Page Authority) is not a ranking factor.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:38 PM

Just customize your backlinks in order they both have the same amount, so it will be the success

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum