Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 04-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

Does page type can effect SEO Rankings?

I have started one of my Ambitious project. The Website i was thinking to create for last one year.
My aim was to create a website like whatmobile.com.pk that provides PK based mobiles prices, Specs and reviews.
I dont know php a lot. So i created my website on wordpress.
if you see any single mobile page from whatmobile, its not a post
www.whatmobile.com.pk/Huawei_Y6-Pro

but a mobile specs page from my wordpress website is a post.
huntmobile.pk/oppo-f3-plus-price-in-pakistan/

I have a few questions and I want you guys to answer them to avoid my confusion. Before i conclude anything.

1 - Since mobile specs page on my website is a post and showing date stamp in google listings. Does date effect my rankings?
2 - If you check source, I have created this page with Kingcomposer, you will see Kingcomposer as class everywhere? Is it something that effect my website in any aspect?
I will ask more questions in my next threats. Let start the discussions from here.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Contributing Member

I've seen blogs ranking good in search. However, you got more reasons than a date stamp to worry about. Your on-page SEO is no match for the site you are going against...
You are also going for a too competitive keyword, and against websites which have deep pockets.
Go deeper in the keyword category, and you certainly need more on-page seo within the post itself. Only you as the writer can do it...

BTW, how do you plan to monatize the blog? Just ads, or affiliate links to a online store?

The site is very good though! Nice work!

Old 04-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by areeshkhan544 View Post
I have started one of my Ambitious project. The Website i was thinking to create for last one year.
My aim was to create a website like whatmobile.com.pk that provides PK based mobiles prices, Specs and reviews.
www.whatmobile.com.pk/Huawei_Y6-Pro

huntmobile.pk/oppo-f3-plus-price-in-pakistan/

I have a few questions and I want you guys to answer them to avoid my confusion. Before i conclude anything.

1 - Since mobile specs page on my website is a post and showing date stamp in google listings. Does date effect my rankings?
2 - If you check source, I have created this page with Kingcomposer, you will see Kingcomposer as class everywhere? Is it something that effect my website in any aspect?
I will ask more questions in my next threats. Let start the discussions from here.

Thanks.
1.>Yes, Time-stamp do effect your page rankings ! . Google "Time Stamp Effect on SEO", Read the article posted on shoutmeloud. You will get an Idea.

2.> Kingcomposer doesn't have any effect on SEO

Also you have over monetized your website. .User Experience is also a major factor nowdays.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:39 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
Your on-page SEO is no match for the site you are going against...
This is the only website in pakistan that standout for all smart phones to get info about any specific phone.
Although i know, i need a lot of content get get ranked in google but still if you compare onpage SEO, Whatmobile only standout because of its domain and page authority.
Since you are saying keywords are more competitive, but the keywords i am going with are low competitive, well, my focus is to target high CPC keywords as much as i can.
Can you please evaluate "more on-page seo within the post itself".

Dont call it blog bro LOL.

I have started getting 4-5 organic visitors per day. I am waiting for it to increase more and more then i will decide about monetizing.

My focus is to provide great user experience. I can only make my decision on the basis of organic traffic and its bounce rate. Right?

Thanks for the Appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordpressmigrator View Post
1.>
Also you have over monetized your website. .User Experience is also a major factor nowdays.
Thanks for the input, how can you state that site is over monetize when a user can see two ads, one in header and another is on sidebar?

Old 04-23-2017, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member

I was not talking about high CPC keywords. Although high CPC keywords tend to attract many webmasters so competition gets tougher anyways...
I meant difficult to rank for keywords...
So if someone searches for "price of iphone ", and google detects that the searcher is in pakistan, it'll probably just show some of the popular sellers/ecommerce websites in its results. And most likely all these ecommerce websites are big guys like amazon, ebay or whoever delivers in pakistan... Makes sense, doesn't it?
That keyword is extremely difficult to rank for, isn't it?

Whatmobile is not ranking because of its domain name. Domain name is one of the "least" important factors in SEO. That concept is just a hipe.
You can have the domain twigs.com and rank it for mobile related keyword as long as google sees the site as a site "about mobiles."
I'm not saying that its not useful at all, but its probably least important.
Just do a search for "webmaster forum", and v7n.com comes up! Even the alphabets "V" and "N" aren't even in the searched term... Unless google sees "W" as "VV"

Think about monetization now, not later. That'll help you decide how much you'll invest, and where you'll promote the site.
My guess is that you just want to put up some adsense ads. That is not as much money making method as it used to be in the past...
And google might just cancel the adsense account anyday. No appeals... What do you do with the site then?
This decides the future of the site, how much time you'll put in it, how much money you'll put in it, etc...

Old 04-23-2017, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I was not talking about high CPC keywords. Although high CPC keywords tend to attract many webmasters so competition gets tougher anyways...
I meant difficult to rank for keywords...
So if someone searches for "price of iphone ", and google detects that the searcher is in pakistan, it'll probably just show some of the popular sellers/ecommerce websites in its results. And most likely all these ecommerce websites are big guys like amazon, ebay or whoever delivers in pakistan... Makes sense, doesn't it?
That keyword is extremely difficult to rank for, isn't it?

Whatmobile is not ranking because of its domain name. Domain name is one of the "least" important factors in SEO. That concept is just a hipe.
You can have the domain twigs.com and rank it for mobile related keyword as long as google sees the site as a site "about mobiles."
I'm not saying that its not useful at all, but its probably least important.
Just do a search for "webmaster forum", and v7n.com comes up! Even the alphabets "V" and "N" aren't even in the searched term... Unless google sees "W" as "VV"

Think about monetization now, not later. That'll help you decide how much you'll invest, and where you'll promote the site.
My guess is that you just want to put up some adsense ads. That is not as much money making method as it used to be in the past...
And google might just cancel the adsense account anyday. No appeals... What do you do with the site then?
This decides the future of the site, how much time you'll put in it, how much money you'll put in it, etc...
Ok, so when it comes to Prices and Specs, User are mostly searching for Keywords like "Price of iPhone in Pakistan". Thats a long tail keyword i know, but most searched as well. Same for all famous brands.

For whatMobile, I am not talking about the domain name, I am talking about the Domain Authority and page Authority. I know domain name is not more a ranking factor after google EMD update.

Since the Domain authority of whatmobile is around 30+, its standout on google search results for any keyword that included, "in Pakistan"(geo keywords) Thats is what my target too.

How can i monetize my site, since there is no traffic. Do you know any ad company expt. adsense that allow me to put ads? also I have listened that Google Adsense wont be accepted on your site when they already see ads there. What will em gonna do in this case, because google adsense should be the primary source of earning.

Thanks for your time

Old 04-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

Okay, I'm not saying that you need to monetize now. You need to plan it now. Don't put ads now, but figure out how your blog is going to make money later when you have traffic.
Don't depend solely on adsense ad units. Think of another way as well...

Secondly, keywords "in pakistan" seems useless to me. Here's why. Do this:
Go to google.com
enter this: website designer
Do you see a webdesigner from USA listed there? Or are most results from within pakistan already? Probably narrowed down to your "zip code" as well, aren't they?
Google is already using GEOIP to determine your location and serving results based on that. Doesn't matter if you add your location in keywords or not...

BTW, I just searched for "iphone price" and all the results are from my country...

I'm not de-motivating you. I'm just trying to tell you that its going to take a lot more than you think it'll...
Its a nice website you got there. I'm sure you must have worked very hard putting things together. Reminds me of my starting days when I was trying to make a living online some 12 years back... Can't remember how many websites I started, then shut down because I didn't plan things in advance, or depended on just one "not so permanent" channel of income as my "primary" source...
Hours and hours and days and years of building back links effort, down the drain, along with the money spent in buying domain/hosting/content/services...
Even quit once in 2012, but this love of coding keeps pulling me back in... People watch a movie when they are bored, I fire up notepad and code!
Right now I'm working on a script I plan to give away for free. Why? Because it gets me coding...

If you are really passionate about this website, then go for it! Hopefully things will workout your way Good luck!

Last edited by jeet; 04-23-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:27 PM

Hey, what about keyword with medium competition and high volume, that will do the trick.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:16 AM
Contributing Member

Going for smaller keywords will surely help. Specially when you are going against giants.
Look at these two links below:

http://www.iamrobos.com/?u=http%3A%2...le+sees+it%21+

Second one is yours, first one is whatmobile
Look how they have arranged/spread their keywords on their webpage. Then compare with yours.
The big white blocks are keywords. Even their menu is full of keywords. You got "nokia", "Apple" etc. They got "Nokia mobile", "Apple mobile" etc
In your case we see just a few in the middle of the page. In theirs its spread all over. And their "content" length is more. Compare the length of the two images...

Old 04-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Going for smaller keywords will surely help. Specially when you are going against giants.
Look at these two links below:

Second one is yours, first one is whatmobile
Look how they have arranged/spread their keywords on their webpage. Then compare with yours.
The big white blocks are keywords. Even their menu is full of keywords. You got "nokia", "Apple" etc. They got "Nokia mobile", "Apple mobile" etc
In your case we see just a few in the middle of the page. In theirs its spread all over. And their "content" length is more. Compare the length of the two images...
Thankyou so much, Thats helpful

Old 04-27-2017, 06:40 PM

You are the winner if you use a low volume keywords for promotion against those sites who has top 10 with high volume keywords. Usually, if you niche can drive lots of traffic you can have a profit using a low volume keywords

Old 04-27-2017, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input, how can you state that site is over monetize when a user can see two ads, one in header and another is on sidebar?
User experience do count nowdays . You have one adsense ad in the sidebar, One at the bottom, One fixed image ad from infolinks and several text popups from infolinks.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Web page won't affect your seo ranking..
But make do On-page SEO properly

Old 06-11-2017, 05:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Thanks.
Hello areeshkhan,

If you want spec's list in Wordpress only You may Install Plugins like Arena products.
My Choice is Buy Clone Copy of GSMArena site, I think it may be low price,
is equal to arena products plugin.
Currently one of my friend using arena products plugin. it is good but looking wise not good and it takes more load time.
so buy cloned scripts (or) Spend $1500 to develop your own theme as per you requirements.

if you have any questions askme.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

I don't think the page type will affect the rank. The unique content will be more important.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:52 AM
Contributing Member

webpage could not affect your ranking until and unless your on-page activities are properly performed

Old 06-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Contributing Member

Page type & class names don't affect page rankings. However, avoid using dates if it's not needed. That way your content stays evergreen. For example, what's the use of dates on a website about mobile phones.

If your website is about news articles, then date is important. Otherwise you can drop it.

If your on-page content is relevant to the page topic, and you get backlinks from good quality websites relevant to your website (about mobile phones), your rankings will improve.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum