Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-18-2017, 05:42 PM

Lightbulb What is the no.1 fastest way to build traffic to your new site?

So I've launched my business - Woof On The Wall

From YouTube and 'the web' theirs a vast amount of people talking about SEO being the key to organic traffic. How long does it usually take for Google to recognise your site as 'Google worthy'?

I've spent countless hours perfecting my sites structure and keywords - yet the only way I can get my site to show on Google is if I type in the company name?
Surely by now I should have a better ranking?

Any help or tips on building more traffic would be amazing!

Thank you.

Ryan

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think the fastest way to build traffic for a new website is YouTube Channel. But you have to create quality video and add many keyword on the description of the video. Besides, you should focus on keyword like review, best, tutorial,... this is the keyword are searched much on YouTube.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

One of the most difficult aspects of SEO is link building.

Sure, it's easy to get links to low authority sites, but high authority sites will not give up their "link space" for anyone.

I'm not sure what your backlink profile looks like, but you mentioned that you did on-page SEO. Without backlinks, Google doesn't think anyone else believes your site is relevant in that niche.

SEO does take some time to kick in. Changes are slower than say paid ads. But if you can optimize your site it's definitely worth it!

Old 05-19-2017, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Nice unique idea!

Things I noticed by actually visiting your site (unlike the 2 previous replies):
  • Not enough content on the pages. e.g. your category page for Father's Day. Search engines need words to assess what your site is about. Once when talking about ecommerce sites Matt Cutts (former head of Google's spam dept.) said concentrate on your category pages and get those indexed and ranking because if you have a lot of similar products it is hard to write 20 unique versions of 20 similar products.
  • Duplicate content e.g. Father's Day (2 aperture) Soundwave and Father's Day Soundwave Print Titles, meta descriptions and page content need to be unique if you want a chance to rank a specific page.
  • Unnecessary words/folders in the urls. e.g. /collections/fathers-day-soundwave-art/products/fathers-day-2-aperture-soundwave-art-print would be better as /fathers-day-soundwave-art/fathers-day-2-aperture-soundwave-art-print Even better would be to have all pages in the root of your site. i.e. http://www.yourdomainname.com/your-page-name
Did you recently revise your site? When I use the site operator to check your indexed pages there are some that there is no link on your links to.

Have you tried hanging out in dog related communities online? Without being pushy about your product(s) you might get some sales or word of mouth marketing if you make good contributions to the community.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Facebook promotion and Twitter promotion both are the best source to built traffic to your new site.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:53 AM

there are some ways to build links to your website: social bookmarking, file sharing, video upload, forum post

Old 05-19-2017, 03:25 AM

Youtube Marketing is one of the ultimate traffic generator but the quality of the video and video seo plays a major role in this process

Old 05-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

There are many ways to get traffic on website If you think you do one activity and you get traffic this is not possible. These are the activity which help you to increase the traffic on your website.
1. Social Media.
2. Social Bookmarking
3. You tube ( with quality videos)
4. OFF page SEO Activities.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:55 PM

Fastest way of building traffic on website includes:
1. Youtube ( with good quality videos)
2. Social Media Adevrtisement ( Facebook, Twitter etc.) helps in easily get popularity.
3. Social Bookmarking and many other Off page Seo techniques.
But through off page it will take some time so you can go for On page SEO techniques.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:13 AM

Where you want to faster traffic for your website then your have to switch on SMO Activity . SMO (Social Media Optimization) is best source for get more and more traffic but if you are not satisfy with SMO traffic then there is only one option to get more traffic is Paid marketing.
SMM or SEM both are best in paid marketing for getting more traffic. You can Choose as your budget.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:03 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Paid marketing is the best way of increasing website's traffic instantly but all you need to spend good budget. You can run campaigns on social media channels & on search engines.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

For me the best way gaining traffic is facebook group as long your post is interesting or engage able.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:07 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I am also using paid marking for more traffic. and also recommending to other for it.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

First, you have to create some high-quality article for your website then make a facebook page related to your website and share unique and interesting post there do some promotion of your posts. Finally, share your website URL on your facebook page and get traffic.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:58 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssitoke View Post
First, you have to create some high-quality article for your website then make a facebook page related to your website and share unique and interesting post there do some promotion of your posts. Finally, share your website URL on your facebook page and get traffic.
This is exactly what I do., Facebook is a powerful tool in earning traffic.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

To get an initial boost for a website it's better to run a paid campaign on Social media platforms like facebook, Twitter Etc.. build your brand and easily target the audiences which might be interested in your product & services.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:18 AM

I do not have any doubt to say that Social media is one of the best way to get fast traffic. Nowadays lots of people using it so you will have a big chance to divert intrested people to your site.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:24 AM

use social media such as Twitter, facebook, G plus and pinterest. you will create a brand as well as you will get a traffic from this sites.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlbrewster View Post
To get an initial boost for a website it's better to run a paid campaign on Social media platforms like facebook, Twitter Etc.. build your brand and easily target the audiences which might be interested in your product & services.

A great idea for a company who has a big amount of money to spend on advertising. but for an individual who is setting site for the startup of his brand.. this is not a best way.. i think

Old 05-23-2017, 02:47 AM

There are alot of great responses and tips here in this thread, but let me back up to your original question.

"How long does it usually take for Google to recognise your site as 'Google worthy'?"

This truly depends on a few different factors:
-your site's current domain authority, aka DA (this is how Google determines how worthy you are and how authority you are). Anything above 50 is good. Only top sites have above 90. To give some examples, wikipedia =DA 100, NY Times =99, Disney store = DA75

-age of the domain - newer site tends to have more difficult time building domain authority, thus harder to rank.

-social activities. How many social shares does your site/page have?

-Consistency - how consistent are you in posting an article on your site

-Back links- do any authority site use you as a reference? This scores a big point with Google.

These are just few factors that Google uses to rank websites. If your site has good backlinks, is consistent and buzzing on social platforms, and has some history, given that your content is well-optimized, you can see your page rank in as little as few weeks to a few months depending on the keyword competition. If not, I hear months or even over a year before you see your content come up on Google.

If you have none of the things I mentioned and still want to rank, work on building back links or at least get social shares.

I did it through social shares. I have ranked content with and without backlinks. But in both cases, social shares were high.

Once you get social shares, it's easier to build natural backlinks.

In the end, creating content is just a beginning. You need to promote your content to get what you need for Google to rank you. Getting the keywords right is merely enough.

Hope this helps!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread