Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 05-31-2017, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Google Warns: Don't Do Article Creation For Links

Hopefully once and for all, you noobs out there should stop referencing Article Creation as an SEO tactic for building links!

Read it and weep:

Quote:
Yesterday, Google published a blog post named a reminder about links in large-scale article campaigns. Truth is, there is absolutely nothing new about what is written there. If you do guest blogging or article publishing for the purpose of link building, with the intent of manipulating Google's search results - then that is something Google can and does penalize for.
The rest of the article can be found here...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 12:59 AM

I think this is s_cks, same as before nothing new. They just want us to use their google ads campaign.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quoting one of the comments from the article:

Quote:
Lol at these "threats". Guest posts work very well, and most webmasters will simply not freely link to another webpage anymore. Unless it is paid for, or not selling anything it is almost impossible to get a link in competitive markets. But people do anyway, and it works
Google really needs to stop crying wolf. It declared something defunct in 2014 & that thing has perpetuated to this date. People stop believing once you do that. Also I agree with Wangclick above. They should just tell people - stop doing seo and use adwords instead.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member

Till now I remember there is no any update comes regarding this detail. If we sing article content we should not create the link inside the content we must take the link from author bio.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradvictor1 View Post
Till now I remember there is no any update comes regarding this detail. If we sing article content we should not create the link inside the content we must take the link from author bio.
But Only few websites allows author bio!

Old 06-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

I think they will solve this very easily who does invest more in Adwords gets better Seo thats how i see this evolving.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:49 PM
Contributing Member

Well, i think differently. They are just trying to put qualitative website's on the top. Un-natural links are like black money ! You enjoy it until you get caught !

Old 06-17-2017, 10:29 PM

There are so many spammy sites out there, many are desperate to put out some sh*&ty links out there. This is google's way of cleaning the crap.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with organically submitting articles to good websites. If you do it the right way, you'll probably get about 5-10 decent backlinks a month.

All that their article talks about is 'large-scale' article submission meaning you should avoid something like getting thousands of backlinks every month.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

It's the content that gets rankings anyways and not the backlinks... Been this way for years. I made many post on this forum proving that very thing.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:01 AM

LOL they just creating Hoax .

Old 07-10-2017, 04:26 AM
Contributing Member

What's new about it?

Google first popularize one thing and then shut it down immediately.

First, it was Directory Submission, now it is Article Submission. Actually, it wants every tom, dick and harry to do PPC.

Building Links is nothing but making fool a person.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

So what they say is it's better to have lots of articles on a few high authority websites than one article on many different sites. Did I get it right?

Old 07-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post
First, it was Directory Submission, now it is Article Submission. Actually, it wants every tom, dick and harry to do PPC.
Or, just build sites with better content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokinitakias View Post
So what they say is it's better to have lots of articles on a few high authority websites than one article on many different sites. Did I get it right?
Look at it from an informational point of view, rather than a link building or other spammy tactics. From Google:

Quote:
If you do guest blogging or article publishing for the purpose of link building, with the intent of manipulating Google's search results - then that is something Google can and does penalize for.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Contributing Member

Ok but how does Google define who is eligible for a penalty or not (concerning the number of articles per blog)?
There must be a rule for this. English is not my first language so I can't understand the meaning of this sentence.
How does Google know that an article of mine in -let's say- 100 different blogs isn't there because all 100 bloggers liked it and wanted to post it by themselves?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokinitakias View Post
Ok but how does Google define who is eligible for a penalty or not (concerning the number of articles per blog)?
There must be a rule for this. English is not my first language so I can't understand the meaning of this sentence.
How does Google know that an article of mine in -let's say- 100 different blogs isn't there because all 100 bloggers liked it and wanted to post it by themselves?
I don't work for Google - never have, and probably never will. So, I can't confirm or deny 100% of anything related to their algorithm and how it is affected by SEO, and by what degree. Threre at lots of threads here and on other forums with some very knowledgeable members touching on several algo-related topics. However, in the past, at forum called WebProWorld, there were a few SEO's that actually studied Googles algorithm patent (a fairly high-level and complicated document), to help decipher what they could, and couldn't do for ranking site pages.

There also was a member here (who has since passed on), who could have certainly help you with your question and any other questions you may have. His alias was "Deepsand". I suggest you search our threads and topics he was active in, and read them.

My personal reasons for posting the link in the OP, was to try and stop the uniformed from perpetuating things like how good guest posting, forum signature links and yes, article submission is for SEO.

From the Article:

Quote:
For websites creating articles made for links, Google takes action on this behavior because it’s bad for the Web as a whole. When link building comes first, the quality of the articles can suffer and create a bad experience for users.

Last edited by LMD; 07-10-2017 at 11:29 AM. Reason: add

Old 07-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

Something got screwed up in the posting of the post above. Mods, please feel free to delete this one and the one below. Otherwise it may look like I'm posting for count.

Last edited by LMD; 07-10-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Old 07-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

How can we do link building then?

Old 07-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy2016 View Post
How can we do link building then?
If you read the whole thread above you'll realise that you've to take this news with a pinch of salt.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum