Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-26-2017, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokinitakias View Post
It's very simple. Nofollow link do not affect their page/domain Authority.
With respect to links, whether a link has the nofollow attribute or not, is immaterial to DA and PA, as they are not part of Google's algorithm.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoCreeds View Post
I found that there are many sites which allow NoFollow links. DoFollow is ok for those who are working for SEO and link submission, like me, but why some sites allow NoFollow links, how is it beneficial for it? Because NoFollow is not beneficial for us, SEO and most of do not like to submit links to NoFollow links.
One of the important reason of using Nofollow link is, it helps to secure the website from getting spam links. Nofollow link means Google won't share link juice with it and Google won't consider outgoing links from that page keeping the page clean and SEO rich.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Desai View Post
Google won't consider outgoing links from that page keeping the page clean and SEO rich.
False. Said links can be found by Google, and are accounted for in one's link profile.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Banned

nofollow or dofollow both are part of google algorithm, not most of website are using nofollow link for external link dofollow link for internal link.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

First of all there is NO SUCH THING AS DO FOLLOW LINKS (Oh boy here we go again)

2nd a REAL SEO expert knows a link is a link period! Building links are not SEO, it is marketing. Yeah I know you all been reading the same lame blog but seriously have you ever heard of testing stuff ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoCreeds View Post
I found that there are many sites which allow NoFollow links. DoFollow is ok for those who are working for SEO and link submission, like me, but why some sites allow NoFollow links, how is it beneficial for it? Because NoFollow is not beneficial for us, SEO and most of do not like to submit links to NoFollow links.
Prove it!

Stop regurgitating garbage you heard, there is no proof to what you have stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naksh View Post
People generally avoid no follow links as they do not pass any link juice but still they can be helpful in driving traffic.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

Nofollow still adds the value but not much dofollow has, if you keep on going getting dofollow backlinks to your site, google may treat you are doing spam. In 2015 google announced they still provide a little value to nofollow links as a ranking factor. So build both of them.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan kumar View Post
if you keep on going getting dofollow backlinks to your site, google may treat you are doing spam.
I don't know why anyone would specifically look for links with the "nofollow" attribute in trying to balance one's link profile to achieve some mystical percentage.

As Matt Cutts stated at one point not too long ago, links with "nofollow" are only a small fraction of links out there on the internet. Meaning, there is a much larger amount of links without the "nofollow" attribute.

So again, I find it hard to believe anyone would put any effort in searching out to obtain links with the "nofollow" attribute to try and balance some mystical percentage of links with, and without the attribute.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I don't know why anyone would specifically look for links with the "nofollow" attribute in trying to balance one's link profile to achieve some mystical percentage.

As Matt Cutts stated at one point not too long ago, links with "nofollow" are only a small fraction of links out there on the internet. Meaning, there is a much larger amount of links without the "nofollow" attribute.

So again, I find it hard to believe anyone would put any effort in searching out to obtain links with the "nofollow" attribute to try and balance some mystical percentage of links with, and without the attribute.
It's a big debatable topic among webmasters, where I got some best insights from this article on dofollow vs nofollow ratio.

http://blog.linkody.com/seo/follow-vs-nofollow-ratio

Old 07-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
It's a big debatable topic among webmasters, where I got some best insights from this article on dofollow vs nofollow ratio.
I read that article. Nothing new really, just more in-depth study, analysis, breakdown, conjecture etc.

One of the more important notes to take away from it, and it's only 2 sentences:

Quote:
“You should be working towards earning links not begging for it,” says Michael Martinez. That way, you’ll possibly get a natural link profile.
Maybe for someone who is spending so much time trying to figure out links and SERPs etc, they might consider spending more time contouring the best content and getting some buzz via both local online and off-line marketing efforts.

I still go along with the idea of what those at Google (Cutts, Mueller etc) - like'em or not - have stated both now, and in the recent past about links. By that I mean if the term "build", "buy" or "amass" (amongst other terms) is present when it applies to the word "link", I just begin shaking my head.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

This is False! Ever hear of "Natural Links"? Well that is what us REAL SEO EXPERTS gets through very well written and high quality content.

Nobody can control where people place your link or on what site. Google knows this. If they did treat your site as spam then nothing stops your competition from doing it to you...

Focus on content, that is what gets rankings and not backlinks.

Quote:
Nofollow still adds the value but not much dofollow has, if you keep on going getting dofollow backlinks to your site, google may treat you are doing spam. In 2015 google announced they still provide a little value to nofollow links as a ranking factor. So build both of them.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
With respect to links, whether a link has the nofollow attribute or not, is immaterial to DA and PA, as they are not part of Google's algorithm.
You are right DA & PA are not Google's. Maybe if I had written PR would be more correct (although according to what ppl say PR doesn't exist as a term nowadays.)
But I think DA and PA are the only way to calculate the -once called- PR of a website. That's why I mentioned it.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
(although according to what ppl say PR doesn't exist as a term nowadays.)
PageRank is still alive and well these days, but only a select group at Google know what a given page's PR is though. Us mere mortals are not in their ircle of trust.

Quote:
But I think DA and PA are the only way to calculate the -once called- PR of a website. That's why I mentioned it.
DA and PA are a proprietary Moz metric. So, if you trust and bow to those at Moz, well, I say fill yer boots.

Kidding aside, PA and DA are not related to, nor do they replace PageRank in any way.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

There is no such thing as a do-follow link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifou16 View Post
dofollow good for traffic

Old 07-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
There is no such thing as a do-follow link!
There is not? So what do you call the links that allow Google reach your website?

Old 07-08-2017, 03:40 AM
Contributing Member

So much misinformation flying around in this thread it should be /locked

Here is google stance: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/96569?hl=en

Simple.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

It's a LINK! A link is a link period!

No follow was originally created to mark those websites that sold advertising. Over the years the attribute has been grossly misconstrued by self proclaimed experts. No follow attribute DOES NOT mean the link is not followed!

There is no attribute that has ever existed called Do Follow and never will be. A link is a link and all links are treated equal as a link. NOBODY knows the exact weight any link is given by Google or Bing.

Quote:
There is not? So what do you call the links that allow Google reach your website?

Old 07-09-2017, 05:31 AM
Contributing Member

So we don't need to check if a website uses a nofollow attribute for it's links (when we build backlinks)?

Old 07-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member

Nope, why you wasting your time ? Oh I know because some lame self proclaimed expert or so called SEO blog said to do so...

Stop listening to morons and start testing for yourself!

I don't build backlinks yet I outrank million and billion dollar companies for their own names and keywords. It's all about quality content!

Again - there is no such thing as do follow no matter how many times these lame SEO blogs say that there is. Prove me wrong - Show me just 1 do follow link...

Quote:
So we don't need to check if a website uses a nofollow attribute for it's links (when we build backlinks)?

Old 07-10-2017, 03:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
False. Said links can be found by Google, and are accounted for in one's link profile.
I din't mean that those links won't be found by Google. What I mean was: If your blog or website is having outgoing link to the non-relevant site or to spam or penalized website, it won't affect your website negatively as those links are marked Nofollow.

If I am still wrong, please let me know.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:35 AM

Because these sites not want give link juice

These websites dont want to give link authority to your website.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread