Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #41  
Old 07-10-2017, 04:18 AM
Autokinitakias Autokinitakias is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-17
Location: Greece
Posts: 64
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Again - there is no such thing as do follow no matter how many times these lame SEO blogs say that there is. Prove me wrong - Show me just 1 do follow link...
First of all you are right. Google doesn't mention anything about dofollow links. They are talking about the nofollow attribute.
So links without this attribute are considered do-follow links (or non-nofollow if you prefer).
But two no's make a yes... right?
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #42  
Old 07-10-2017, 07:48 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,772
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyPunter View Post
So much misinformation flying around in this thread it should be /locked

Here is google stance: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/96569?hl=en

Simple.
Ya, although that video was made a while ago, I think the message till applies today. Although Matt didn't get specifically into how G treats nofollow links, he still touches on the usage of those type of links. He also mentions (and I've referred to this in many posts here) that the amount of nofollow links was (and probably still is) a smaller percentage of links on the internet over links without the nofollow attribute, even by today's standards.
 
  #43  
Old 07-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
A link is a link period! There is no do-follow! Just because there is a right turn does not always mean there is a left turn. Do-follow is made up just to confuse and sell SEO garbage service/tools to people and MANY fall for it too. Just like many fall for the MOZ metrics that have 100% nothing to do with search engine optimization or rankings.

There is not one person in the public that can say how much weight any link is given. Search engine will keep this information top secret and for good reason.

Many waste their time "building links" and then wonder why they make no money. Maybe if they focused on their business instead of trying to manipulate the system they would see a decent ROI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokinitakias View Post
Again - there is no such thing as do follow no matter how many times these lame SEO blogs say that there is. Prove me wrong - Show me just 1 do follow link...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokinitakias View Post
First of all you are right. Google doesn't mention anything about dofollow links. They are talking about the nofollow attribute.
So links without this attribute are considered do-follow links (or non-nofollow if you prefer).
But two no's make a yes... right?
 
  #44  
Old 07-12-2017, 01:18 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,772
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by munnahossain View Post
Dofollow link is best for increasing SEO score because it passes link juice. But nofollow link is also important, you will get referral traffic. Many high authority sites allow nofollow backlink.
You think it is not beneficial for you but the authority thinks it is beneficial for them. Here spamming is an issue. The authority try to protect spamming so they allow nofollow link.
But nofollow link also important.
Thanks.
I'm hoping you don't get paid for this mish-mash type of advice.
 
  #45  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:18 AM
Prateektechnosoft's Avatar
Prateektechnosoft Prateektechnosoft is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 02-25-17
Location: Chennai India
Posts: 9
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hi Nofollow and dofollow both are need for SEO. But the dofollow is more important for SEO. Because dofollow links are pass the link juice but nofollow links. Nofollow links are use for userfriedly. The user can see the link but search engine will not crawl. So dofollow and nofollow links are needed.
 
  #46  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:38 AM
rakeshpatel rakeshpatel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-13-17
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I suggest that when you have quality backlinks from high authority sites, then no-follow is also a better way. Sometimes to get a single no-follow link from a high authority sites is far better than to get bunch of follow links from a low authority sites. All major high authority sites like Medium.com, Business.com, Entrepreneur.com always provide nofollow links eventhough we get must better results in google search and people are blindly believe in these types of sites.

So try to focus on creating very high quality content and get published into all major high quality and authority sites to get better result.
 
  #47  
Old 07-19-2017, 05:49 AM
whattechsays's Avatar
whattechsays whattechsays is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-30-15
Location: India
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You should have to keep your backlink list balanced.
Means 50% dofollow and 50% nofollow.
 
  #48  
Old 07-19-2017, 07:00 AM
HTMLBasicTutor's Avatar
HTMLBasicTutor HTMLBasicTutor is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,700
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by whattechsays View Post
You should have to keep your backlink list balanced.
Means 50% dofollow and 50% nofollow.
That sounds like backlink manipulation which is against the search engine guidelines.

Where did you get these magic numbers from?
 
  #49  
Old 07-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
That' a lie! I dare you to prove your statement!

To begin with there is no such thing as a do-follow link...

All links are crawled and all links pass link juice - NOBODY BUT SEARCH ENGINES KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH WEIGHT EACH LINK HAS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateektechnosoft View Post
Hi Nofollow and dofollow both are need for SEO. But the dofollow is more important for SEO. Because dofollow links are pass the link juice but nofollow links. Nofollow links are use for userfriedly. The user can see the link but search engine will not crawl. So dofollow and nofollow links are needed.
 
  #50  
Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 AM
sahasra sahasra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-19-17
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
No Follow or Do Follow all link will be crawled by Search engines but No Follow links takes some time to crawl and less authority.
 
  #51  
Old 07-20-2017, 12:55 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Can you prove that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahasra View Post
No Follow or Do Follow all link will be crawled by Search engines but No Follow links takes some time to crawl and less authority.
 
  #52  
Old 07-20-2017, 01:22 AM
sahasra sahasra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-19-17
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Can you prove that ?
I have seen it in real time. For our website, initially we started building only No Follow back links, we found it has some effect in search engine rankings, also some links have been crawled by google.

After 3 months we started building only Do Follow back links for the same page, it boosted rankings.
 
  #53  
Old 07-20-2017, 01:43 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
There is no such thing as do follow links... It does not exist!

Links do NOT get top rankings, quality content does with proper on-site SEO.. Anyways you claimed:

No Follow links takes some time to crawl and less authority

Yet you have no proof of the statement. Matter fact nobody but the search engines know what weight is put on links.

Do you even know what the no follow attribute is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahasra View Post
I have seen it in real time. For our website, initially we started building only No Follow back links, we found it has some effect in search engine rankings, also some links have been crawled by google.

After 3 months we started building only Do Follow back links for the same page, it boosted rankings.
 
  #54  
Old 07-20-2017, 01:50 AM
sahasra sahasra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-19-17
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
There is no such thing as do follow links... It does not exist!

Links do NOT get top rankings, quality content does with proper on-site SEO.. Anyways you claimed:

No Follow links takes some time to crawl and less authority

Yet you have no proof of the statement. Matter fact nobody but the search engines know what weight is put on links.

Do you even know what the no follow attribute is?
I can agree with you.
Can you explain little more about ->There is no such thing as do follow links... It does not exist!

Yeah, I know No Follow attribute instructs search engines not to follow.
 
  #55  
Old 07-20-2017, 01:56 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
False! The attribute was created to mark advertising links, more specifically paid advertising links.

Search engines DO FOLLOW all links

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahasra View Post
Yeah, I know No Follow attribute instructs search engines not to follow.
Nothing to explain ... Do follow attribute does not exist. A link is a link - period! All links are followed. The weight each link is given nobody but the search engines know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahasra View Post
I can agree with you.
Can you explain little more about ->There is no such thing as do follow links... It does not exist!
 
  #56  
Old 07-20-2017, 02:13 AM
sahasra sahasra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-19-17
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I have a doubt, For example, I got a back link from xyz.com/abc page for a keyword apple (to apple.com) and for the same keyword apple, same apple.com page is mentioned in xyz.com/abcd page.

will search engines crawl both links?
 
  #57  
Old 07-20-2017, 02:28 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes they will

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahasra View Post
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I have a doubt, For example, I got a back link from xyz.com/abc page for a keyword apple (to apple.com) and for the same keyword apple, same apple.com page is mentioned in xyz.com/abcd page.

will search engines crawl both links?
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to remove the Nofollow links digipush SEO Forum 23 07-21-2017 09:01 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC