Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-13-2017, 04:02 AM

Why some sites allow NoFollow links?

I found that there are many sites which allow NoFollow links. DoFollow is ok for those who are working for SEO and link submission, like me, but why some sites allow NoFollow links, how is it beneficial for it? Because NoFollow is not beneficial for us, SEO and most of do not like to submit links to NoFollow links.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2017, 06:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoCreeds View Post
I found that there are many sites which allow NoFollow links.
Those sites know that, and are probably trying to follow linking guidelines of the SEs. There's that, and they probably know their sites are magnets for those uninformed link building zombies looking for no other reason than to just to get backlinks

From Google: "Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site's ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site"

Quote:
DoFollow is ok for those who are working for SEO and link submission, like me,
Those, like you, that are trying to "build" backlinks should know by now this tactic is flawed at best. - just take a look at Google's guidelines on that.

Quote:
Because NoFollow is not beneficial for us, SEO
False! There are good reasons why "good" nofollow links can be beneficial.

Quote:
and most of do not like to submit links to NoFollow links.
Then you are not looking at the bigger picture.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Banned

Yes.. I have also noticed most of websites, forums & blog give no follow links. Do follow or no follow both are links part this is true that do follow links always get good value so people prefer to make do follow links only but I hear some where that no follow links also get some value than do follow link.

So make no follow links also not waste of time. Somewhere it gives value.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

A website has both do follow and no follow backlinks looks like more natural. And natural backlinks are the most important factors for Google.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:44 AM

Somewhere I found that a NoFollow link, however, may be seen by Google but it will not then be used as a factor when it ranks a page. Basically, DoFollows can add value; NoFollows are ignored.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:07 AM
Contributing Member

People generally avoid no follow links as they do not pass any link juice but still they can be helpful in driving traffic.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

When trying to build the dofollow backlinks, your are falling into the trap regarded as manipulation by Google.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
NoFollows are ignored.
Nofollow links just don't pass PageRank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naksh View Post
People generally avoid no follow links as they do not pass any link juice but still they can be helpful in driving traffic.
Nofollow links do add some value other than traffic, so "avoiding" them would be foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
When trying to build the dofollow backlinks, your are falling into the trap regarded as manipulation by Google.
Mentioned above in post #2

Old 06-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Contributing Member

No Follow Links though do not pass link juice, it would let you appear in the eyes of people and you might drive some traffic towards your site.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouni View Post
No Follow Links though do not pass link juice, it would let you appear in the eyes of people and you might drive some traffic towards your site.
Another "expert" chimes in without reading any posts in the thread.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 AM
Contributing Member

Nofollow links are useful to get referral traffic. I think those websites allow nofollow links so that people can drive quality relevant referral traffic to their website. They keep it nofollow so that people use it only for referrals and not SEO.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree31 View Post
Nofollow links are useful to get referral traffic. I think those websites allow nofollow links so that people can drive quality relevant referral traffic to their website. They keep it nofollow so that people use it only for referrals and not SEO.
Links without the nofollow attribute and links with the nofollow attribute can both deliver traffic. However, along with traffic, it should be noted that the former can also pass PageRank (still part of Google's algo), but the latter does not.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:29 AM
Contributing Member

Some sites they do not trust a link and do not want Google to think they endorse it. Most of the sites allow link but have no idea where they are pointing. So as per Google it's all about trust factor allow nofollow

Old 06-20-2017, 07:29 AM

Websites get search engine ranking boost by having backlinks. No follow is a way to say you don't want to pass on authority.

For a while, it was very effective.

Now Google weighs “no-follow” as a suggestion and a “if you want to count it Google that's on you.” thing.

Google search console shows many no-follows these days.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjha View Post
Some sites they do not trust a link and do not want Google to think they endorse it. Most of the sites allow link but have no idea where they are pointing. So as per Google it's all about trust factor allow nofollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi71 View Post
Websites get search engine ranking boost by having backlinks. No follow is a way to say you don't want to pass on authority.
I hope this stops all the "I think...", "It should...", "nofollow links are bad...", "Nofollow links are a waste of time..." etc, etc,

Straight from Google Webmasters:

Quote:

• Untrusted content:This can discourage spammers from targeting your site, and will help keep your site from inadvertently passing PageRank to bad neighborhoods on the web.

• Paid links: In order to prevent paid links from influencing search results and negatively impacting users, we urge webmasters use nofollow on such links.

• Crawl prioritization: Search engine robots can't sign in or register as a member on your forum, so there's no reason to invite Googlebot to follow "register here" or "sign in" links. Using nofollow on these links enables Googlebot to crawl other pages you'd prefer to see in Google's index.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:46 AM

they are giving dofollow links to only those websites which are trusted and branded. Giving dofollow links to a spamy and bad websites may heart the ranking and it is very good option to fight against spam.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

Nofollow links not passing link juice,
so every giving refer links nofollow.
most of the website given nofollow because sometimes rank drop will be happen with dofollow links

Old 06-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admitcard View Post
Nofollow links not passing link juice,
Aren't links with the nofollow attribute accounted for in one's link profile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admitcard View Post
most of the website given nofollow because sometimes rank drop will be happen with dofollow links
Rank drop for the source page or the target page??

Old 06-23-2017, 08:16 AM

such websites do not want to lose their website ranking and traffic..dofollow links follow the link and allows the spiders to crawl and index the linked website which leads to increasing website traffic and ranking..hence dofollow links are very helpful for blog ranking..!!

Old 06-23-2017, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I found that there are many sites which allow NoFollow links. DoFollow is ok for those who are working for SEO and link submission, like me, but why some sites allow NoFollow links, how is it beneficial for it? Because NoFollow is not beneficial for us, SEO and most of do not like to submit links to NoFollow links.
It's very simple. Nofollow link do not affect their page/domain Authority. If for example you have a website where anyone can post a link, and someone posts a link to a 'sppammy" website then if this link is Dofollow, Google will assume your are spam too.
Basically nofollow in a website means "i am not responsible for the link content on my website"

At least this is what I think... :-)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread