Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 06-15-2017, 03:42 AM
pavan kumar pavan kumar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-24-17
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Reciprocal links good or bad

I hear reciprocal links are not as bad as they are said everywhere, but they are not good for a site’s search engine either, especially when done not carefully.

Here comes, I have a mate who is having website where most of content are closely related. So can i link to that site that is closely related where he could also link back to me. >>>>One more time content is closely related<<<<
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 06-15-2017, 03:48 AM
ashwingalhotra1994 ashwingalhotra1994 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-26-17
Location: Noida
Posts: 67
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes they are good but now days this has become an old technique, people do not much follow the reciprocal link as they go for direct link and moreover they believe in detail study instead of small summaries. because each one of us think twice to buy or to take decesion
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:23 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,828
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I don't know what @asswingalhotra1994 is going on about, but you should really think about why you want to consider reciprocal linking in the first place. Is it for SEO (bad idea), or is it for traffic (could be a smart idea)?

Last edited by LMD; 06-15-2017 at 04:36 AM. Reason: add
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:31 AM
vaguar vaguar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 1,022
iTrader: 0 / 0%
For anyone who keeps insisting on trying out reciprocal links https://www.shoutmeloud.com/why-link...gs-health.html
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:45 AM
pavan kumar pavan kumar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-24-17
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwingalhotra1994 View Post
Yes they are good but now days this has become an old technique, people do not much follow the reciprocal link as they go for direct link and moreover they believe in detail study instead of small summaries. because each one of us think twice to buy or to take decesion
Hope you are newbie to SEO, Please don't mislead by commenting on posts on which you don't have any idea. People here seek valuable advice from experts from their experience/skills with which forums are about to meant for ..
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:51 AM
pavan kumar pavan kumar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-24-17
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I don't know what @asswingalhotra1994 is going on about, but you should really think about why you want to consider reciprocal linking in the first place. Is it for SEO (bad idea), or is it for traffic (could be a smart idea)?
Hello LMD, can it be bit more explanatory - like in terms of only getting traffic means, then i should ask them to put nofollow link there, as it is bad practice for SEO purpose. Am i correct in this?
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2017, 04:58 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,828
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan kumar View Post
Hello LMD, can it be bit more explanatory - like in terms of only getting traffic means, then i should ask them to put nofollow link there, as it is bad practice for SEO purpose. Am i correct in this?
What I am inferring, is that for SEO practices, reciprocal linking has been passé and addressed by Google and other SEs a long while back. However, if you are interested in traffic, recip linking could work, however you have to put in a bit of effort with a little due diligence and discovery with respect to the source site(s) and the page(s) linking back to your site page(s).
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-16-2017, 03:24 AM
dm826982 dm826982 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 06-16-17
Location: India
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Smile

Hi,

As per my knowledge & research reciprocal links are not good, one way links are good as compared to reciprocal links.
Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-16-2017, 04:02 AM
hrishivardhan's Avatar
hrishivardhan hrishivardhan is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-20-15
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 233
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I don't think you should use that type of link. google will surely slap you if you use that kind of link building tactics.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Bridge's Avatar
Bridge Bridge is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-11-17
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 57
iTrader: 0 / 0%
As we know, the current AI equals 3~4 aged child. Google isn't smart enough to find all the black hat tricks. However, reciprocal links are found and judged in an easy way. But I guess Google still can't give you negative review for reciprocal links if both sites have the same topic.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-16-2017, 09:14 AM
wordpressmigrator wordpressmigrator is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-26-17
Location: Gurgaon, India
Posts: 74
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm826982 View Post
Hi,

As per my knowledge & research reciprocal links are not good, one way links are good as compared to reciprocal links.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishivardhan View Post
I don't think you should use that type of link. google will surely slap you if you use that kind of link building tactics.
I don't think anyone of you read what LMD wrote above !! Its a good idea if you are creating it for relevant traffic. Bad idea if you are doing it for SEO.

So, reciprocal links are not always bad. Google is smart enough to identify reciprocal link farms.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-20-2017, 09:08 AM
sree31's Avatar
sree31 sree31 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-15-17
Posts: 73
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If it's natural and relevant then it's fine as long as you don't overdo it. Let me give you an example. Let's say you conduct an interview of your customer and publish it on your blog, and send its link to the interviewee. Obviously, in your interview you will link back to your customer or the industry expert's website.

If he also publishes the link to this interview on his blog, then it's a natural reciprocal link. Many businesses post interview series & case studies of their customers. In the process, they also end up getting reciprocal links.

However, if you buy/get reciprocal links with websites that are not relevant to yours, then you should not do it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-20-2017, 09:50 AM
pavan kumar pavan kumar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-24-17
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and thoughts, however I feel to conclude this is not complex topic. Finally I should say, reciprocal links helps majorly for driving traffic by physical actions of users..
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:02 AM
AndrewSkyler AndrewSkyler is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-15-17
Posts: 89
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I think It would be good if you use a little and vice versa.
Google will detect and penalize all related websites If they use Reciprocal Links to increase rankings
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,828
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSkyler View Post
I think It would be good if you use a little and vice versa.
Google will detect and penalize all related websites If they use Reciprocal Links to increase rankings
So, tell me what will happen if someone is utilizing reciprocal linking for traffic and shared products (or whatever makes sense), and it happens to give both sites a bit of a ranking boost? Do you know if Google has a crystal ball and knows the full intent of the owners links, and of their reciprocal linking relationship?

My point? Not all cases are "right or wrong" and although Google has been known to make some very blatant errors, there isn't a guarantee they'll understand the various relationships, but again, if there is due diligence and there are not hundreds of reciprocal links, I would assume they'll understand the premise behind the links. Or, at least one would hope so.
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-21-2017, 10:36 AM
727v7 727v7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 06-09-17
Posts: 4
iTrader: 0 / 0%
recip links are generally a good idea when the content/niche is similar, surfers like to click on 'similar' link topics when browsing, like with car or model niche sites.

A well placed link can help with traffic, but the quality of the traffic is something to consider. Sometimes a lot of traffic doesn't equate to click through or ad revenue. sometimes it just means a higher hosting bill or server exploit.

A recip link can be bad however if the site is flagged or untrusted by third parties and search engines alike, too many bad links back to your site can negatively affect serp scores/ranking/visibility/etc.

guess it mainly boils down to the niche and content type/quality. and how deep the links is. Some campaigns benefit from backlinks to home page url, while others benefit from deep links like blog posts.
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Mouni Mouni is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-21-17
Posts: 67
iTrader: 0 / 0%
reciprocal links are not advisable for backlinks but if you are looking for traffic, it can be a good try
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Amy2016 Amy2016 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-12-17
Posts: 60
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It's not good as used to be but still nice to have.
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-21-2017, 11:12 PM
AndrewSkyler AndrewSkyler is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-15-17
Posts: 89
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
So, tell me what will happen if someone is utilizing reciprocal linking for traffic and shared products (or whatever makes sense), and it happens to give both sites a bit of a ranking boost? Do you know if Google has a crystal ball and knows the full intent of the owners links, and of their reciprocal linking relationship?

My point? Not all cases are "right or wrong" and although Google has been known to make some very blatant errors, there isn't a guarantee they'll understand the various relationships, but again, if there is due diligence and there are not hundreds of reciprocal links, I would assume they'll understand the premise behind the links. Or, at least one would hope so.
Like i said, Google just penalizes when you use a lot of reciprocal links, no one sure that hundreds of links are not be recognized by google that you are trying to push each other rankings.
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-22-2017, 01:32 AM
veraajverma veraajverma is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-21-16
Location: Delhi
Posts: 298
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If you have a reciprocal link from a reputed site or relevant to your niche then ofcourse its a good link and you should go for reciprocal linking. But make sure you're not misleading the google guidelines.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Change title and Meta description - Good or bad? JackyVNN SEO Forum 25 06-12-2017 03:53 AM
Where can i get 10 good FREE :: do follow links ndegwer SEO Forum 10 05-10-2017 10:57 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC