Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2017, 06:30 AM
Junior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 07-12-17
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 48
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Sure, you participate on Non related Blogs. But i think you do not get any positive feedback.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2017, 06:42 AM
apoorvsukumar's Avatar
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-03-17
Location: India
Posts: 75
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You can comment but that is a wastage of time for you as well as search engines because search engines are smart enough to relate the keywords which are used on one page are related to the link where it is pointing or not.
If there is no match then that back-link would not be considered. So here you wasted your time as well as Crawler time. However it won't degrade your seo at large scale. But too many unrelated back-links are very harmful for a site.
 
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Been reading useless SEO blogs like search-engine-BLAHBLAH I see... lol

Why do you people fall for this crap... Nobody can control natural backlinks and the search engines know this. If what you say is true (use your brain for crying out loud) then all someone has to do is build thousands on non-related backlinks for their competitors and take over rankings ...

It Don't Work That Way!


Quote:
Originally Posted by apoorvsukumar View Post
You can comment but that is a wastage of time for you as well as search engines because search engines are smart enough to relate the keywords which are used on one page are related to the link where it is pointing or not.
If there is no match then that back-link would not be considered. So here you wasted your time as well as Crawler time. However it won't degrade your seo at large scale. But too many unrelated back-links are very harmful for a site.
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Pamper Me Pretty Girl Aug 19th 2017 - Vegas Craft Shows Fall Fest 17 & Black Friday
 
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-15-17
Posts: 76
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I hear an experienced person in seo say: That still works if you comment on the article, google will gladly accept it as a good backlink because google encourages internet users to discuss with each other and Leave the site as a representative.
But i really don't understand how google know we comment related to the blog?
 
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Please do define an experienced person in seo

This should be good ...lol The guy sounds like an idiot to me, just my opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSkyler View Post
I hear an experienced person in seo say: That still works if you comment on the article, google will gladly accept it as a good backlink because google encourages internet users to discuss with each other and Leave the site as a representative.
But i really don't understand how google know we comment related to the blog?
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Pamper Me Pretty Girl Aug 19th 2017 - Vegas Craft Shows Fall Fest 17 & Black Friday
 
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2017, 10:25 AM
HTMLBasicTutor's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Canada
Posts: 25,470
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh Mathur View Post
Blog commenting is effective activity but do commenting in limit like 10 or 15 comments in alternate days.
Got a reliable source to backup that statement?
__________________

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.
 
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 04-10-17
Posts: 58
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Going to make something clear here.

When I comment on an SEO related or a blog that's not in my niche, my comments are inline with the blog post subject. I am not going around spamming comments relating to my subject just for a link.

The way I see it, if I am commenting, under my websites handle, why not just link it anyway?
 
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2017, 05:39 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-14-17
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
No,you can't comment on non related blog.If you are commenting on non related blogs hoping to get some traffic from there, it probably won't work as well.
 
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM
HTMLBasicTutor's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Canada
Posts: 25,470
iTrader: 5 / 100%
For all those who say you cannot comment on unrelated site:

Please tell all the spammers!!!!!
__________________

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.
 
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2017, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 04-10-17
Posts: 58
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
For all those who say you cannot comment on unrelated site:

Please tell all the spammers!!!!!
Agreed, some of the people on here saying its bad has unrelated sig links
 
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 06-17-17
Location: Leicester
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If it's a quality link from a quality source then it's likely to be more helpful if relevant as Google's algorithm is likely to categorise subjects and award more juice for higher relevance.

But all these comments saying it will not be helpful are being too quick to dismiss a link that might carry weight.

If it's in your niche then I think it will be more valuable.

If it's not in your niche but still a good source it will still help.

The algorithm detects language and can categorise topics or fields
 
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-19-17
Location: Greece
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You can comment in any blog you want my friend. And put a link back to your website. If the blog is not a link farm, then no harm will come to you.
Just don't overdo it.

For those who say "don't build links in urelated sites/blogs", I think that you must start using logic guys! When I participate in a conversation on a blog, I am entitled to use ahref attribute since the blog editor allows me to.

Internet is a community, and communities encourage their members to participate in all their aspects. Google wont penalize you for being a part of the e-world unless, as I said, you overdo it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 04-10-17
Posts: 58
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokinitakias View Post
You can comment in any blog you want my friend. And put a link back to your website. If the blog is not a link farm, then no harm will come to you.
Just don't overdo it.

For those who say "don't build links in urelated sites/blogs", I think that you must start using logic guys! When I participate in a conversation on a blog, I am entitled to use ahref attribute since the blog editor allows me to.

Internet is a community, and communities encourage their members to participate in all their aspects. Google wont penalize you for being a part of the e-world unless, as I said, you overdo it.
Thank you for yet another good answer.
 
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-19-17
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
That's a bad practice.., as a newbie I made that mistake but now after learning how google actually works, Im on the right path
 
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If you learned how Google works you would know that it does not matter where your links are at. You would also know you only comment on blogs that interest you and certainly do not comment for any link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilriaz004 View Post
That's a bad practice.., as a newbie I made that mistake but now after learning how google actually works, Im on the right path
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Pamper Me Pretty Girl Aug 19th 2017 - Vegas Craft Shows Fall Fest 17 & Black Friday
 
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Brandon Sheley's Avatar
Community Builder
 
Join Date: 02-04-08
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 552
iTrader: 3 / 100%
I wouldn't waste time with non-related content if you're trying to build a niche market.
I would spend 100 x more time on building a relationship with those in my market, comment on those blogs and sites if you're trying to get links from it.
__________________
-----==== Check out The Best Forum Ever! & my new biz Sheley Enterprises =====-----
 
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2017, 05:26 PM
Bridge's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-11-17
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 54
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It's a negative signal for Google if you spend a lot of time to comment on the non-related blogs.
 
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
So according to you all I have to do is go spam a bunch of non-related blogs with my competition link and it will kick my competition down, right ?

Do you people even read Google's website? or do you just regurgitate garbage you hear from some so called expert or some lame SEO blog ?

While I think you should not be spamming blogs period, it does not matter where your link is because you can't control "Natural Links". Google is smarter than every single one of you and no matter how hard you try to hide your spam - there is always a paper trail - ALWAYS!

Write content, get natural links, run your business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
It's a negative signal for Google if you spend a lot of time to comment on the non-related blogs.
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Pamper Me Pretty Girl Aug 19th 2017 - Vegas Craft Shows Fall Fest 17 & Black Friday
 
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2017, 03:25 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-24-17
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You won't get relevant traffic from there.
 
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Really? So according to you people only have 1 interest - seriously...

People have hundreds or even thousands of interest. Hmmm let's see is Google Adwords Targeted according to what the page is about? NOPE!!! They are targeted towards what people search for, what sites they visit and etc.

I could be on a horse breeding website because it interest me. That does not mean I will not be interesting in buying a computer if I see a link or ad for one on that site.

Seriously people use the freaking logic God gave you and start thinking for yourself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furosports View Post
You won't get relevant traffic from there.
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Pamper Me Pretty Girl Aug 19th 2017 - Vegas Craft Shows Fall Fest 17 & Black Friday
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.