Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-08-2017, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Should I Comment on Non related Blogs?

Hi,

So I read alot of SEO and online marketing blogs. My website is not in this nichie however.

Would it still be of any value comment and including a link to my site in the comments? I tend to leave the URL value blank.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2017, 07:35 AM

No, according to google it is a bad pratice to get backlinks that is not related to your niche

Old 07-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreekorde View Post
No, according to google it is a bad pratice to get backlinks that is not related to your niche
Can you show me a source?

Old 07-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyPunter View Post
Can you show me a source?
Yes please show us a reliable source stating it is bad practice to get backlinks not related to your niche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyPunter View Post
Hi,

So I read alot of SEO and online marketing blogs. My website is not in this nichie however.

Would it still be of any value comment and including a link to my site in the comments? I tend to leave the URL value blank.
If you are approaching this properly and asking/commenting on the article(s) with valuable questions/comments it is not bad to include your url. Just don't do it for the backlink. That being said - it is better to follow and comment on blogs related to your site and again don't do it just for the backlink.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah please show me the source because someone lied to you...

YOU CAN'T CONTROL WHO LINKS TO YOUR WEBSITE OR WHERE THEY LINK IT FROM!

Quote:
As for the OP:

You should not comment on blogs unless a blog post interest you and you can add value to the discussion. Blogs are not created for you to spam up with your links.

Backlinks do NOT get top rankings - Quality content along with "Natural" links get top rankings.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

No, You should add link to the blog which is not related to your site.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Backlinks from non relevant sites don't help seo. Also, most links in blog comments are no-follow links so, again, they won't help seo. Besides, they won't even attract relevant referral traffic, so you'll only see low conversions from them anyway.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Bog comment on relevant site help for SEO but the non relevant site also has some value if that site has high quality like.Edu, .Gov,.... site

Old 07-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Man people are still spreading that myth around ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacon View Post
Bog comment on relevant site help for SEO but the non relevant site also has some value if that site has high quality like.Edu, .Gov,.... site

Old 07-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Commenting on blogs outside your niche is meaningless.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Contributing Member

Until and unless that blog is related to your niche you should avoid doing so.. for e.g. if you are a garments manufacturers and you are doing a blog commenting on jewellery related blog isn't look weird.. one should avoid the same...

Old 07-11-2017, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

Bring backlinks only from related sites only
if you get links from non-related websites, your website not boosting with those backlinks. (means no link juice passing).
and related sites also get backlinks from quality sites. not from spamming sies.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:25 AM

Look, I think it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to SEO advice like the one you're seeking here. It's easy to just repeat what you've read somewhere, i.e. "NO DON'T if you comment on blogs outside your niche it does NOTHING! You're only hurting yourself!"

That type of a broad statement makes me think the source might not have a ton of experience. Generally, backlinks are good, and still remain one of the most powerful ranking signals. When I look at my biggest SEO successes, I can almost always attribute it to a backlink strategy (I mean, aside from the obvious on-page stuff like good content and proper headings, etc). Having said that, you don't want to overdo it. There's automated ways to mass-link your site on 1000s of blog comments, and while that might give you a temporary boost in rankings Google will quickly be wise to that and you'll eventually fall (sometimes Google notices right away, sometimes it takes months, I know this through my own experiments).

So yes, if you are able to place your link in some comments here and there, do so. Some are even followed links which is even better. Like someone else here said, it's impossible to control 100% of your backlink profile, so it's kind of silly to say that any links that are not directly tied to your niche are useless.

Last edited by pinteresting; 07-11-2017 at 07:26 AM. Reason: quick edit

Old 07-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Commenting on relevant site is Ok , But Unnecessarily comment without any niche that is called spamming , yes off course it will help you but its not a perfect way of SEO, that would be targeted as Grey hat SEO. Not a white hat, But in case of back links Blog comments are productive.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Prove it... Give me the source that says no link juice is passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admitcard View Post
Bring backlinks only from related sites only
if you get links from non-related websites, your website not boosting with those backlinks. (means no link juice passing).
and related sites also get backlinks from quality sites. not from spamming sies.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:48 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Comment section made for healthy discussion not for getting backlink. If you put value on your comment then it's ok.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:53 AM

No, try to never comment on non related blogs. Consider if i am commenting on sports blog and put an cooking site link, Do you think is it correct? Google consider it as Spam and its not good for your webisode. Its make an bad impression. I hope you understand.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:39 AM
Latest Blog:
None

If you are commenting on unrelated blogs hoping to get some traffic from there, it probably won't work as well. People on that blog may not be interested in your niche and hence even if they click on your website, they may not come back. It would be a waste of time. Try commenting on related blogs so you can get into contact with people in the same community. It just makes more sense to approach your audience instead of those of an unrelated niche

Old 07-12-2017, 03:33 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

SEO is works on experimenting which includes targeting the website which are not related to your niche, If these website are giving you a do-follow link then i seek no harm in commenting on those websites but don't just over do it!!

Old 07-12-2017, 04:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Theme related blogs gives you business as well as traffic but non-relevant blog may not respond in that way...choice is yours otherwise link have a similar impact in Do-follow and no-follow terms as featured...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum