Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:07 AM
candyman candyman is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-18-15
Posts: 106
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Getting more backlinks from same domain has any effect?

Getting more backlinks from same domain has any effect on SEO? I mean do I have to invest time in commenting on same blogs to get backlinks?
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:37 AM
admitcard's Avatar
admitcard admitcard is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-03-17
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 84
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Actually, Commenting Backlinks are very powerful and Dangerous also.
Don't bring more than two links from a domain because as per google seo
More Number of Domains pointing to your domain is good.
Don't waste your time on commenting backlinks.
write unique contents that will be helpful to gain links from top sites (if they article after reading your post, at least they will give nofollow link.)
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2017, 07:32 PM
HTMLBasicTutor's Avatar
HTMLBasicTutor HTMLBasicTutor is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,707
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by admitcard View Post
Don't bring more than two links from a domain because as per google seo
Where exactly does Google say this?
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
What lame ebook or website you been reading ? Certainly it was not Google's!

OP: Many links from same domain name will NOT hurt you. It's done every single day by many. Keep in mind NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY can tell you the worth of any link. Only the search engines know the value they put on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admitcard View Post
Don't bring more than two links from a domain because as per google seo
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:13 PM
sree31's Avatar
sree31 sree31 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-15-17
Posts: 73
iTrader: 0 / 0%
As you get more and more backlinks from a site, each new backlink provides a diminishing return, as far as seo in concerned. For example, the 1st backlink from a site will cause a good bump in ranking, the 2nd one less so, the 3rd one even lesser, and so on.

Here's the video by Matt Cutts describing how they tackle multiple links from same domain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiQEzAHO67U
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
And you tested this for yourself, right ??

I bet not! Again nobody in the public knows the weight a link holds... Multiple links from the same domain will NOT hurt you.

If you are spamming a site that my dear friend is a different story

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree31 View Post
As you get more and more backlinks from a site, each new backlink provides a diminishing return, as far as seo in concerned. For example, the 1st backlink from a site will cause a good bump in ranking, the 2nd one less so, the 3rd one even lesser, and so on.

Here's the video by Matt Cutts describing how they tackle multiple links from same domain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiQEzAHO67U
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Autokinitakias Autokinitakias is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-17
Location: Greece
Posts: 64
iTrader: 0 / 0%
So does Matt say that Google's algorithm cannot "catch" spammy links/websites and they have to search it manually?
I didn't get that part, please someone help.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
1. Last time I checked Matt Cuts no longer worked for Google

2. Matt Cuts (and any other Google employee) will and has released misleading information in videos before. This is done on purpose and if you can't figure out why then maybe you should not be in business.

3. Google has and does manually check and verify sites randomly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokinitakias View Post
So does Matt say that Google's algorithm cannot "catch" spammy links/websites and they have to search it manually?
I didn't get that part, please someone help.
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2017, 09:31 PM
gacon gacon is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 01-24-13
Location: US
Posts: 211
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Backlinks from blog comment maybe has an effect. But I am wondering backlinks from web 2.0s are also affected like blog comments? Because I create many posts on one web 2,0s and link to the main site and I have not still see the effect.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:02 AM
avishekdam avishekdam is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-12-17
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 83
iTrader: 0 / 0%
NO. But if talk about any web 2.0 sites then you should to post a single content at list once in a month.
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-18-2017, 03:57 AM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Look another expert ...lol

Ok explain how you think getting more backlinks from the same domain does NOT help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishekdam View Post
NO. But if talk about any web 2.0 sites then you should to post a single content at list once in a month.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-18-2017, 04:00 AM
CarolineMurphy89 CarolineMurphy89 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-18-17
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 55
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I agree with @sree31. Creating backlinks from the same domain, again and again, will not be beneficial for you. The best way is to create backlinks from different domain whether it is no-follow or do-follow.
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-18-2017, 04:11 AM
apoorvsukumar apoorvsukumar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 07-03-17
Location: India
Posts: 88
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Its search engines internal algorithms and not opened for general public. If we came to know this, then everyone will have high DA and PA scores by backlinks only. Try to create backlinks from multiple domains rather then from same domain. This will not hamper your site. These days Google, Bing all use AI(Artificial Intelligence) algorithms to tackle with these problems. Just think with your Common sense(CS) and you can judge it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-18-2017, 04:57 AM
przcheworski przcheworski is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 05-12-17
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
you can put the second, third, etc links but effect is getting lower
and at all, it is better when your links portfolio consists of lots of domains
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-18-2017, 05:27 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,778
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineMurphy89 View Post
Creating backlinks from the same domain, again and again, will not be beneficial for you.
Is this your opinion or have you tested this out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoorvsukumar View Post
These days Google, Bing all use AI(Artificial Intelligence) algorithms to tackle with these problems.
Real or true AI exists only in science fiction at the moment, not in Google or Bing's algo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by przcheworski View Post
you can put the second, third, etc links but effect is getting lower
When anyone throws out a statement like the post above, we all here would like you to back up your words with real data, or at least an authoritative source.
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-18-2017, 06:40 AM
przcheworski przcheworski is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 05-12-17
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
When anyone throws out a statement like the post above, we all here would like you to back up your words with real data, or at least an authoritative source.
mahn, it is SEO, almost no one can tell you about such kind of facts. So, I can presume some arguments, which base on a logic and experience
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-18-2017, 08:59 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 6,778
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by przcheworski View Post
mahn, it is SEO, almost no one can tell you about such kind of facts.
No, that isn't true - IF - someone has the experience and can share the data to validate their claim, that is. If there's no corroborating data to validate your claim, it's just an opinion. And, in your case, you should clarify that as an opinion and why. Otherwise some noob reading it might think what you are stating is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by przcheworski View Post
So, I can presume some arguments, which base on a logic and experience
Presuming something is one thing, stating that when obtaining multiple links from the same domain "the effect is getting lower", means you have either some experience, data, or reasoning as to why you state this as a fact.

Last edited by LMD; 07-18-2017 at 09:02 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-18-2017, 09:08 AM
HTMLBasicTutor's Avatar
HTMLBasicTutor HTMLBasicTutor is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Canada
Posts: 26,707
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksteve741 View Post
Getting more backlinks from same domain is not more beneficial.....
You obviously did not read the whole thread. Your fellow forum members what proof/backup information when one makes a statement like this.
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Ord Allenbea Ord Allenbea is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Interesting considering one of my clients has 6 links on my marketing forum but Google counts 12k and he ranks in the top of Google for hundreds of keywords in his industry...

I build 0 backlinks for this client - they are all natural links except the ones on my marketing forum which I created and posted those.

Maybe you should read the thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksteve741 View Post
Getting more backlinks from same domain is not more beneficial.....
DA and PA have nothing to do with Search Engines!



Quote:
Originally Posted by apoorvsukumar View Post
Its search engines internal algorithms and not opened for general public. If we came to know this, then everyone will have high DA and PA scores by backlinks only. Try to create backlinks from multiple domains rather then from same domain. This will not hamper your site. These days Google, Bing all use AI(Artificial Intelligence) algorithms to tackle with these problems. Just think with your Common sense(CS) and you can judge it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Naksh Naksh is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-31-17
Posts: 114
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Re-commenting on same blog over and over again does not make any sense. Instead you can search for fresh blogs in your niche and comment over it to gain quality backlinks from different sites.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Number of backlinks from one domain techguy99 SEO Forum 22 04-14-2017 01:30 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC