Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 09-15-2017, 04:01 AM
Contributing Member

How to get negative pages down?

I want suggestion for one of my friend who is currently struggling to remove the negative content of his client, which is ranking in top Google Page. Can anyone from this Forum can help him with some suggestions?

I know it is part of ORM, but how to implement that.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2017, 05:42 AM

The best way for an enterprise to get a negative review taken down is to contact the person that wrote the review. In a few instances this is the handiest manner to do away with a poor evaluate. They want to to cope with the dissatisfaction of the client, not necessarily prove them incorrect. People are normally very willing to take down a negative review after they see a person cares approximately their complaint and is willing to work it out to the satisfaction of both parties.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abish_mathew View Post
People are normally very willing to take down a negative review after they see a person cares approximately their complaint and is willing to work it out to the satisfaction of both parties.
Some, maybe - others, not really. Take into account some of the reviews for certain WP plugins, for example. Some negative reviews are "drive-by", or the competition doing some negative postings, or just plain lazy reviewers that give a plugin a negative review. Even when the authors try to make it right, the majority of reviewers rarely change their negative reviews into positive ones.

2 cents.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:15 AM

Just update those content and wait for some days. Google will crawl and update it. It may take some time. If after one week also the post won't get updated, then fetch the url using webmaster tool. I'm not sure though that after crawling Google will maintain the same ranking for your page or not. Hope it helps

Old 09-27-2017, 05:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicab View Post
Just update those content and wait for some days. Google will crawl and update it. It may take some time. If after one week also the post won't get updated, then fetch the url using webmaster tool. I'm not sure though that after crawling Google will maintain the same ranking for your page or not. Hope it helps
By this what do you mean? Request you to please clarify the context "maintain the same ranking for your page or not"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
the majority of reviewers rarely change their negative reviews into positive ones.

I completely agree with you, as I have seen how my friend is struggling in requesting reviewers to change their negative feedback into positive feedback. None of them are ready to change the review, and those who are ready to change they are asking for money in exchange of changing the review.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Desai View Post
I completely agree with you, as I have seen how my friend is struggling in requesting reviewers to change their negative feedback into positive feedback. None of them are ready to change the review, and those who are ready to change they are asking for money in exchange of changing the review.
Maybe if there is some sort of incentive involved you could live with? A product or service discount, a coupon - something to make it worthwhile for them to correct their review?

If it's only money they want for a correction, I'd say it's possible the plan was a low-level extortion attempt for gains. That sucks.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:32 PM

To get something down, you have to get something else up.

My suggestion is to flood the web with positive reviews, social bookmarks, one-page-websites and other stuff to occupy the first two pages, so that no one else will discover the bad stuff.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

First I must say that I'm not sure if I understood you well, if I did here's something I was reading about some time ago that might help...

I saw that people used to push negative results to second or even 3rd page by opening accounts on high DA sites like Fb, Tw, Wordpress.com, Vimeo, Quora, Flickr, Linkedin, SoundCloud etc.

As I said I'm not sure will this help but looks like it's the most helpful comment in sea of unrelated comments in this thread.

Thou it makes sense to me that these sites with little activity would push negative results based mostly on their DA if they are competing with not particularly strong sites/posts.

Let us know here if that helps, but first dig into this theme a bit more

Old 09-28-2017, 11:15 PM
Contributing Member

This issue can easily solve from the ORM factors. Because you are talking about the negative page or also you can update the content.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:23 AM

How to get negative pages down?

use proper ORM method like reverse seo.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member

I'm facing a similar scenario where an individual is attacking me and several of my businesses because he is a mugshot extortionist. The only thing you really can do is take up as much web properties for your business name name as you can, produce good content and eventually the review will be pushed further down the search results into the abyss.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:34 AM

You can consult or practice ORM services

Old 10-04-2017, 05:59 AM
Contributing Member

ORM, online reputation management is the best solution. And focus on the reviews you are getting especially if they are negative. You need to find the solution how you can handle and remove those reviews or push back them.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum