Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Half of my blog pages no longer index by Google

I checked my blog traffic today to find that search engine traffic has dropped by about 2/3.
It appears that one of my most popular pages has been completely removed from Googles index and also on Bing and Yahoo.

There are no manual actions in webmaster tools but i can see that the number of pages indexed has gone from about 6000 to 2500 a few days ago. Now im guessing that a lot of these are going to be old articles from 4 or 5 years ago that no longer relevant but the popular article was only written about 6 months ago and is still relevant.

I haven't done any backlink building for several months, the only change i have made to the site recently was to put some pop up ads on the blog to try and get some extra revenue. Do you think that these pop-up ads could be the cause of the pages being removed from Google's index?

I have removed the pop up ad code and resubmitted the page for reindexing, but do people think it will be possible to get this page re-indexed and recover my SERP or should i delete the original page and repost the content as a new article and try to rank that instead?

I am gutted that this has happened as the traffic to this article had been rising nicely over the last few months since I spent the time building backlinks and the article then started getting backlinks naturally from people linking to it from social media.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicbowkett View Post
You have to update your sitemap & submit it to Google & Bing webmaster tools for regular indexing all pages & posts.
No you don't this is a mere fallacy.

Was the article completely original?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry I have not replied back until now. I think it was the pop up ads that I had added that were causing the problem. I removed the ads and resubmitted the URLs in Google webmaster tools and about a week later they were reindexed and pretty much back to the position they were before I they were deindexed.
The content was 100% original written by me from hours of research, hence why i was gutted when it was deindexed. I guess it shows not to be too greedy by trying to get too much ad revenue with pop up ads.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Contributing Member

How many ads you show on single webpage/Blog, you could be got penalize by Fred update, which targets the websites which are runnings tons of ads on their webpage, which at last decreases the user experience! the best suggestion is to stop your showing ads for some time than analyze your indexing status.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread