Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 11-23-2017, 12:32 AM
Contributing Member

Good article. I am using most of these tools.

However...whenever I try to use Advanced Search Commands on Google, I get a captcha code after the very first search request I make. I tried it several times and the outcome was always the same - captcha code, which didn't allow me to proceed.

Is there a way to deal with this issue?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2017, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

I looked at the SEO Powersuite website and they have a free version. Found a review and it said the free version is pretty good.

Most of the established SEO sites start around $100 per month which isn't that expensive if they work and if I can figure out how to use them. I've been burned by "SEO experts" a couple of times and am leery of paying for any services at this point.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 rider View Post
I looked at the SEO Powersuite website and they have a free version. Found a review and it said the free version is pretty good.
The suite is made up of 4 or 5 apps, but I don't think you get much value out of the free versions. It's been a while, but I'm sure they are limited in terms of what you can do, or at least functionally depleted for the free version for sure.

Quote:
Most of the established SEO sites start around $100 per month which isn't that expensive if they work and if I can figure out how to use them. I've been burned by "SEO experts" a couple of times and am leery of paying for any services at this point.
Those apps are more data mining and more about what you do with the data, verses an automated function that does something to improve what you need improving.

for example, if I remember correctly, the ranktracker will just look at keys and positioning. Not bad if you are doing things to your site and you want to see how the efforts are paying off - or not paying off.

The spyglass will search out links for a particular domain. not bad if you are looking to see how your links are being indexed, or looking at a competitors link-profile. I think it will even look at the links and judge the value of them (good, bad neutral etc). That said, no tool will find all links.

The auditor tool, I think, has gotten better - but again, you have to deal with the data it returns. not bad if you are looking for some deficiencies and suggestions on how to fix them.

I think the link assistant was the most lame of the bunch - I think it searched out link-exchanges and kind of automated that task, but you know that unless you are looking for some shared traffic, it's a waste of time.

If I remember correctly, I kept the rank tracker for a while, but gave it up for IBP.

Remember, you will have to pay for updates to get the best performance for all the tools, and it can amount to hundreds of dollars per year, but that would be up to you.

2 cents.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Contributing Member

IBP are you talking about ibusinesspromoter? I'm looking at their site and it doesn't say whether the pricing is one-time or monthly.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
IBP are you talking about ibusinesspromoter? I'm looking at their site and it doesn't say whether the pricing is one-time or monthly.
I purchase yearly updates. I'm sure there are monthly or maybe even quarterly options. I used to use it for ranking many sites, now I just use it for my own, kind of for fun.

It does have competitor spy, SE submission, link building, optimization and keyword manager. I just use it for ranking, and for fun I use the optimizer.

Note: I'm sure all the rank checkers are similar, but I can only speak to this tool. If you use the ranking function, make sure you configure human emulation - err on the longer options. You don't want your IP banned from G.

Oh, ya - don't start using the ranking function, and then start using your browser for searching Google. They figure it out what you are doing quite easily, and again, they could banning your IP from search. Temporarily for the most part. I learned quickly in the beginning.

2 cents.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Contributing Member

LMD thanks that's very helpful.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
For those who choose to building links instead of going au natural here is Vertical Measures' list of the best tools for link building they use:

The Best Tools for Link Building

Which of the free ones have you tried? What is your feed back on those?
I will not use any tool for link building. I would suggest everyone build link manually. an automated link will be considered as spam and Google can take action on your site.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas View Post
I will not use any tool for link building. I would suggest everyone build link manually. an automated link will be considered as spam and Google can take action on your site.
You didn't read the article before replying, did you.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:29 AM

I do not think that any tool might work you only need to spy on the competitor links then you can have a lot of backlinks for you.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesar0106 View Post
I do not think that any tool might work you only need to spy on the competitor links then you can have a lot of backlinks for you.
Well you need a tool or tools to find your competitor's links....

And why compete with your competitor on the same sites instead of finding areas where they have not gained attention yet?

5 Reasons Why Copying Links is Bad for You - Moz

Why I Never Mine Competitorsí Backlinks - Search Engine Land

5 Reasons Why You Can't Always Steal Competitor Backlinks - SEMRush

Old 02-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Ahrefs is great for nearly all I need. I dropped SEMRush and Moz after I started using Ahrefs because it did everything so much better.

It costs $$$, but worth it. If you can't afford that, I would recommend SERPWorx. If you can't afford $5/month for that --- then I dunno what to tell ya lol.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imadam View Post
I miss the days when SEO was much simpler and getting links from relevant pages seemed to do all the tricks.

i also miss the days when there wasn't Reddit. I can't get on with it at all. Forums are imo a far far better way to communicate and discuss things. I now only frequent one forum that I consider any good, and that's OCUK forum. no other have the user base as great as theirs. Unfortunately forums seem to be dying
totally agree and have been saying the same for years.

social media (facebook, twitter) and sites like reddit have destroyed forums IMHO.

I have posted on forums and usenet (newsgroups) since the internet began, close to 30 years ago. I was/am a big Beatles fan - and thus it was great to find a newsgroup, and forums specifically on the fab four.

Forums/newsgroups allowed for greater communication, learning and understanding. I really miss how they have been decimated by big business entities.

Reading above about Screaming Frog. I have used it's free version - and it was good.

I think I may go back and revisit it. 149 dollars per year is more within my budget, than some of the other very expensive alternatives. It seems to me that most of the major organisations focus on the medium to large sized website market.

Most of us do not have those types of resources to throw at our SEO needs.

Quote:

I didn't get much out of the free version, to be honest. But a few years ago, I paid for a year with SEO Powersuite. It was a colourful, exciting, and impressive tool to use. The tool, among the 4 or 5 they offer, which I relied on a lot, was the Spyglass Tool.

It was great for seeing competitor links - and helped me a helluva lot with my own link building strategy.

But after a year, I just found it too expensive for my pocket (like most of them in recent times) and I never renewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I purchase yearly updates. I'm sure there are monthly I used to use it for ranking many sites, now I just use it for my own, kind of for fun. It does have competitor spy, SE submission, link building, optimization and keyword manager. I just use it for ranking, and for fun I use the optimizer.
Thanks for this ibusinesspromoter tip, LMD! I vaguely recall the name from the past. I have just looked at their website.

The competitor spy aspect/link building is key to me in this new year.....as well as a focus on a new area for me - namely, long tail keywords.

I am delighted to have found this forum at v7n. I am learning so much. Thank you.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member

You got that right.... Social media is everything but social! Forums we used to have great conversation on a topic, share ideas, and actually help one another.

These days things have changed drastically and not for the better. Social media is controlling this new generation to the point where people just don't know how to be social anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multitrackers View Post
totally agree and have been saying the same for years.

social media (facebook, twitter) and sites like reddit have destroyed forums IMHO.

I have posted on forums and usenet (newsgroups) since the internet began, close to 30 years ago. I was/am a big Beatles fan - and thus it was great to find a newsgroup, and forums specifically on the fab four.

Forums/newsgroups allowed for greater communication, learning and understanding. I really miss how they have been decimated by big business entities.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:52 AM

hi

Thanks for sharing this article, its very useful. I personally use majesticSEO on all my sites and it gives a great overview of what backlinks your site has and the associated anchor text with them. you can try!

Old 02-05-2018, 06:34 AM

I really like majestics! You can use it a couple times for free and I feel like it is such a helpful tool to find out which website to get a backlink from and see the backlink environment.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:56 AM
Contributing Member

Bulk link opener was kinda meh, kind of buggy and bad UI design. But G infinity is really nice to use and helpful. I would recommend G infinity from my use simply cause it doesn't slow down workflow. Although once you get to like 8th page results sometimes it doesn't have stats on sites so you can't see what your competing with if your on like page 8 trying to go up.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Contributing Member

The tool listed in the article are not actual link build tools as such but rather tools to analyses your websites link profile.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:21 AM

Best Linkbuilding tool

I use SEOMoz Open Site Explorer

Here you can enter your competitors’ websites into the tool and pay special attention to their Inbound Links, Linking Domains, and Anchor Text – all of which may help inform your link building strategy.

Br.
Anders
[removed]

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 04-14-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Community Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
Which of the free ones have you tried? What is your feed back on those?
As with most things in life, you got to pay to play

I read over the article, which 50% are paid, and I don't use any of the free options listed there.

What some have done in the past is scrape the web for keywords in your niche.
Scrape the web again with those keywords for article opportunities.
Scrape those pages for inbound and outbound links, any metrics you can gather up.
Once you have that list then you can comment on the site or email them to see if you can guest blog.

All that scraping and checking CAN be done for free but you'll spend your time on it. Or you can purchase a program or subscribe to something like the scrapebox'es or href's circles and enjoy the free time with your family.

That is only one way to gather links, there are many ways including traditional ways like press releases, social media, giving away something with your link included, reaching out to successful users in your niche.

Good luck

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum