Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-21-2017, 12:05 AM

Does the white seo really exist?

Hi guys.
So, i read few articles about what is black seo in order to not take any action that might hurt my website. ...But every ingerention, link exchange, even giving your product for free to the reviewer is in fact a black seo.
So, how it works, that there are companies that offer "only white seo"? Are they lying?
I'm confused.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2017, 12:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

95% of them do lie!

Now let's face facts - In order to be optimized for search engine rankings the only thing you need is proper on-site SEO and high quality content that is properly written for readers and search engines both.

I don't think I need to discuss on-site SEO here because there are millions of post and threads on this. I also know many will never understand what quality content is even when they are explained it but this is the basis of quality content.

Quality content is not just about writing well or making sure you have proper spelling and grammar. It goes into far more details with the grade level, semantically related words, significant amount of words, and keyword density.

Reading Grade
Flesch-Kincaid reading ease - How easy the content is to read.
Flesch-Kincaid grade level - The grade level the content is based on.

Analytics
Estimated number of sentences - How many sentences the content contains.
Average words per sentence - The average number of words for each sentence.
Average syllables per word - How many syllables there are per word.
Total number of words - The total number of words for your content.
Total significant words - Total number of words minus the stop words.
Ratio of significant words - The percentage of significant words in the content.

Keyword Density
1 Word keyword - (ie: articles)
2 Word keyword phrases - (ie: article marketing)
3 Word keyword phrases - (ie: article marketing strategies)

The grade level depending upon niche must be between 8th grade and 10th grade for most content (some content will need to be as high as 14th or higher grade level). The grade level will help you in determining if your visitors can understand your content.

The Estimated number of sentences, average words per sentence, and average syllables per word are pretty much self explained. They are there to give you an idea of what your content contains. The total number of words in your content is very important to pay attention to because the more quality content you provide the better.

Your content or articles should be a decent length of no less than 500 words but you would benefit a great deal more if your content was closer to 1,000 words. The reason being is because the total number of significant words is what the search engines see. In other words if you have a 1,000 word article and it contains 250 stop words then the search engines will see a 750 word article.

The above is the basics and not a complete answer to quality content but it should help you understand better.

Joining a few sites that interest you that you plan on participating in will help with your off-site SEO but remember it's not about so called link building - it's about participation and building up trust. People do business with those they trust!

If you do the proper on-site SEO and quality content as explained above then you will gain natural links and all these combined is what get top rankings in search engines.

Spamming up the web as 95% will tell you to do will not help you in SEO.

I am not sure what articles you have been reading but I bet you they full of a bunch of B.S. and probably designed to sell you some lame tools or services for SEO.

Part of business is testing things and not following what someone says and that includes everything I post - Test, Test, and Do More Test! But for your sanity stay away from those that tell you to spam up the web with all that bookmarking, article posting, forum posting, blog commenting, directory posting and all the other garbage people push off as SEO.

P.S. giving away a product has nothing to do with SEO ... it is a good way to build a email list though if done properly.

P.S.S. If this post is helpful hit the reputation button and show a little love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwie View Post
Hi guys.
So, i read few articles about what is black seo in order to not take any action that might hurt my website. ...But every ingerention, link exchange, even giving your product for free to the reviewer is in fact a black seo.
So, how it works, that there are companies that offer "only white seo"? Are they lying?
I'm confused.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:23 AM

Whoa. That's one of the best response I ever received. I tried to ask about this on other forums, but no one really tried to explain it.

I kinda have a bad feeling now about this... there's a seo spec (i don't want to give to much information about him) who recommend my Team to create new websites, buy few articles from copywriters, buy a lot of backlinks to rank higher those websites, and then link from those websites to our official website. What do you think about actions like this?
He also recommends to buy backlinks to the official site's web pages and guestposts.

Last edited by Anwie; 10-21-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Old 10-21-2017, 02:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

That's not SEO - that is spamming...

Never create websites to try and create a link wheel - Google is very well versed in this lame tactic. Buying links is a complete waste of time. Backlinks are NOT what get top rankings as I explained above does.

Here is an idea - hire a real professional mentor to teach you instead of wasting money on buying links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwie View Post
Whoa. That's one of the best response I ever received. I tried to ask about this on other forums, but no one really tried to explain it.

I kinda have a bad feeling now about this... there's a seo spec (i don't want to give to much information about him) who recommend my Team to create new websites, buy few articles from copywriters, buy a lot of backlinks to rank higher those websites, and then link from those websites to our official website. What do you think about actions like this?
He also recommends to buy backlinks to the official site's web pages and guestposts.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Nowadays a combination of Grey and White hat SEO people are using, but still, nobody is able to crack the Google algo, even the people are still using black hat SEO to get results even the Google said itself that guest posting is dead but still websites are getting ton of traffic via guest post, so, in my opinion, try bunch of SEO tricks even black hat and see which work for you!

Old 10-25-2017, 01:03 AM

white seo doesnt exist that is nothing but spamming...........

Old 10-25-2017, 03:15 AM

I see that opinions here are very divided
I'm more and more confused while trying to learn about the SEO. Well, I guess I just have to test myself and see which actions have the impact on my website.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:09 AM
Latest Blog:
None

As you know, good and bad go hand in hand, hence, same is the story with SEO also. Along with white hat techniques many companies and SEO people use black hat techniques also.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

White hat is more of a long term play with site longevity.

It takes a LOT longer to get up and running, however once your site is live it lasts a lot longer.

Blackhat gives you quick results but often has huge issues becoming a real large site.

sample post:

IFTTT Alternatives

Old 10-25-2017, 07:19 AM

No matter what you do, you're still gaming an algorithm built by a company for users to find content on the internet. All SEO is black SEO when your end goal is to play the algorithm.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
That's not SEO - that is spamming...

Never create websites to try and create a link wheel - Google is very well versed in this lame tactic. Buying links is a complete waste of time. Backlinks are NOT what get top rankings as I explained above does.

Here is an idea - hire a real professional mentor to teach you instead of wasting money on buying links.
What about using the Web2.0 techniques for the Link Wheel? Let me explain! I have created a page in WordPress and placed my website link on that page with fresh content. Now am going to do some link building and social share for the WordPress page for Link Wheel process. Do you think it is good?

Old 10-25-2017, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Good luck with that old outdated spam tactic.. Waste your time if you wish. I posted above what gets top rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seodaikaads View Post
What about using the Web2.0 techniques for the Link Wheel? Let me explain! I have created a page in WordPress and placed my website link on that page with fresh content. Now am going to do some link building and social share for the WordPress page for Link Wheel process. Do you think it is good?
LMAO!!! It's obvious you have no idea what spam is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admissionq5432 View Post
white seo doesnt exist that is nothing but spamming...........

Old 10-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak2 View Post
According to Google algorithm, White hat SEO is the best technique for SEO.
What part of the Google algo patent did you decipher as being "the best technique for SEO"??

Please let us know.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:12 AM

Well yes it does, but the reason why most SEO companys is in the Greyzone (greyhat) is because its the bestway to get fast results, and there is a minimum risk in it. Allso the amout of time putting into whitehat SEO is litterally infinite and allso super expensive and slow. When this is said, i would no go full blackhat, since a very few can live by doing that, most sites are crash n burn sites.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It always amazes me at how much work people will do to get around doing something the right way. SEO is easy and no it does not take time as many think - the people that think it takes a long time are the ones spamming up the net and yes that is why it takes them a long time to rank anything.

REAL SEOers already have established sites that they use for clients (and no I don't mean useless PBNs). For example I have a blog that can/has/will rank in 7 hours with no backlinks and no it's not a useless PBN. REAL SEOers have no need to create accounts and spam the web up because they understand REAL SEO.

Blackhat SEO is done by people that don't understand SEO and lack the skills to provide the search engines what they have asked for all along.

There is no greyhat SEO regardless of what anybody says - it's either proper SEO or not! Yes it is as simple as black and white - nothing more.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

White hat is ways that are "natural". Whatever that means.

In reality I think it means the strategies that will not make your site crash in a algorithm update.

sample post:

IFTTT Alternatives

Old 10-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

If you read the thread you would know what it means - http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ml#post2311249

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty113 View Post
White hat is ways that are "natural". Whatever that means.

In reality I think it means the strategies that will not make your site crash in a algorithm update.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
95% of them do lie!

Now let's face facts - In order to be optimized for search engine rankings the only thing you need is proper on-site SEO and high quality content that is properly written for readers and search engines both.

I don't think I need to discuss on-site SEO here because there are millions of post and threads on this. I also know many will never understand what quality content is even when they are explained it but this is the basis of quality content.

Quality content is not just about writing well or making sure you have proper spelling and grammar. It goes into far more details with the grade level, semantically related words, significant amount of words, and keyword density.

Reading Grade
Flesch-Kincaid reading ease - How easy the content is to read.
Flesch-Kincaid grade level - The grade level the content is based on.

Analytics
Estimated number of sentences - How many sentences the content contains.
Average words per sentence - The average number of words for each sentence.
Average syllables per word - How many syllables there are per word.
Total number of words - The total number of words for your content.
Total significant words - Total number of words minus the stop words.
Ratio of significant words - The percentage of significant words in the content.

Keyword Density
1 Word keyword - (ie: articles)
2 Word keyword phrases - (ie: article marketing)
3 Word keyword phrases - (ie: article marketing strategies)

The grade level depending upon niche must be between 8th grade and 10th grade for most content (some content will need to be as high as 14th or higher grade level). The grade level will help you in determining if your visitors can understand your content.

The Estimated number of sentences, average words per sentence, and average syllables per word are pretty much self explained. They are there to give you an idea of what your content contains. The total number of words in your content is very important to pay attention to because the more quality content you provide the better.

Your content or articles should be a decent length of no less than 500 words but you would benefit a great deal more if your content was closer to 1,000 words. The reason being is because the total number of significant words is what the search engines see. In other words if you have a 1,000 word article and it contains 250 stop words then the search engines will see a 750 word article.

The above is the basics and not a complete answer to quality content but it should help you understand better.

Joining a few sites that interest you that you plan on participating in will help with your off-site SEO but remember it's not about so called link building - it's about participation and building up trust. People do business with those they trust!

If you do the proper on-site SEO and quality content as explained above then you will gain natural links and all these combined is what get top rankings in search engines.

Spamming up the web as 95% will tell you to do will not help you in SEO.

I am not sure what articles you have been reading but I bet you they full of a bunch of B.S. and probably designed to sell you some lame tools or services for SEO.

Part of business is testing things and not following what someone says and that includes everything I post - Test, Test, and Do More Test! But for your sanity stay away from those that tell you to spam up the web with all that bookmarking, article posting, forum posting, blog commenting, directory posting and all the other garbage people push off as SEO.

P.S. giving away a product has nothing to do with SEO ... it is a good way to build a email list though if done properly.

P.S.S. If this post is helpful hit the reputation button and show a little love!
But what happens when there are multiple sites with well written content? These days bloggers are literally tripping over each other to generate good content. How does google decide who's first and who's last?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Latest Blog:
None

If you are doing your marketing activities as per google guidelines and don't break any rule that is called white hat seo.. But if you break the rules that is called black hat seo..

If you do black hat seo or break the google guidelines then your site could be penalized by google algorithms.. But if you do white hat seo, you are on safe side...

Old 10-29-2017, 01:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

While I will not give the keys to the kingdom, I will tell you this....

They grades your content using Flesch-Kincaid, Google has for years but people refused to listen to that 10 years ago and they much rather spam up the web - which is why everyone except the few cried when Google did updates.

If you score an A+ on a test and George scored a B - Who did better ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
But what happens when there are multiple sites with well written content? These days bloggers are literally tripping over each other to generate good content. How does google decide who's first and who's last?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum