Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-13-2017, 11:23 AM

Question What are the most credible and potential link sources I can try for link building?

Hey Everyone, I am currently working on a freelance SEO project. I am not a veteran or highly-experienced SEO person so I always love to listen and act upon the advice from seniors in this industry. Therefore, I would like to request your attention here on this matter. As mentioned above, I am doing SEO for a Project (freelance), the niche of this website is graphic design, logo design, web design, etc. In a nutshell, they offer all the design and web development services in the UK. Now, I am stuck at a point where the rankings are still on some keywords and few pages of the site have decreased their keywords standings since last month. Although, I have done the On-page with the help of my friend who has a plenty of experience with Search Engine Optimization. But the problem here is I am confused about link-building resources. Therefore, I would like to know your advice on what kind of resources should I try for building backlinks so that my client's website gets optimized with keywords improvements as well as the increase of organic traffic is what I am really willing to see. Just to let you know, I have used some blogs for guest articles publishing, Web 2.0 blogs, Citations, Business Listings, Community Marketing, etc. What else or more can I do to achieve results I had to show my client. Request your valuable comments below.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinamorane View Post
Hey Everyone, I am currently working on a freelance SEO project. I am not a veteran or highly-experienced SEO person so I always love to listen and act upon the advice from seniors in this industry.
I'm not going to ask why you took on this client's SEO needs considering it appears you either know little about the task at hand and/or are trying to come up to speed in a situation you maybe shouldn't have engaged in.

That said, my real question to you is, what kind of promises did you make to this paying client?

Old 11-13-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I'm not going to ask why you took on this client's SEO needs considering it appears you either know little about the task at hand and/or are trying to come up to speed in a situation you maybe shouldn't have engaged in.

That said, my real question to you is, what kind of promises did you make to this paying client?
Well, I didn't make any promises as such but it is obvious when you pitch someone for SEO you had to explain how it will help their business and what they will actually get against the price they are paying. Anyways, that's something irrelevant here. My intention was to seek help in improving my link-building strategy and most specifically to get aware of resources that can actually help me gain keyword rankings under top searches of Google.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

Well, my question is very relevant, considering some people pitch prospects and even take on projects they are not qualified or experienced enough to take on, then run to some SEO forums hoping to get help.

Good luck with the responses you get here.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

So like most fake SEOers you took clients money and don't even understand SEO and then come to a forum expecting us real SEOers to help you do your job that you are getting paid for.... Seriously!!

Exactly why SEO has a bad rep ....

Quote:
Hey Everyone, I am currently working on a freelance SEO project. I am not a veteran or highly-experienced SEO person so I always love to listen and act upon the advice from seniors in this industry. Therefore, I would like to request your attention here on this matter. As mentioned above, I am doing SEO for a Project (freelance), the niche of this website is graphic design, logo design, web design, etc. In a nutshell, they offer all the design and web development services in the UK. Now, I am stuck at a point where the rankings are still on some keywords and few pages of the site have decreased their keywords standings since last month. Although, I have done the On-page with the help of my friend who has a plenty of experience with Search Engine Optimization. But the problem here is I am confused about link-building resources. Therefore, I would like to know your advice on what kind of resources should I try for building backlinks so that my client's website gets optimized with keywords improvements as well as the increase of organic traffic is what I am really willing to see. Just to let you know, I have used some blogs for guest articles publishing, Web 2.0 blogs, Citations, Business Listings, Community Marketing, etc. What else or more can I do to achieve results I had to show my client. Request your valuable comments below.
Got to love this ... "I have done the On-page with the help of my friend who has a plenty of experience with Search Engine Optimization"

If your friend was so good at SEO then he should have told you that spamming websites for so called backlinks don't get top rankings. You already spammed a few sites and rankings decreased - that should have had the little light bulb go off in your head ...

If the on-page SEO was correct you would already have increased traffic and rankings...

Quote:
Well, I didn't make any promises as such but it is obvious when you pitch someone for SEO you had to explain how it will help their business and what they will actually get against the price they are paying. Anyways, that's something irrelevant here. My intention was to seek help in improving my link-building strategy and most specifically to get aware of resources that can actually help me gain keyword rankings under top searches of Google.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This user was asking a legitimate question and instead of help he/she got no actual advice. Leave it to the pros is no advice and I don't understand why you would have that mentality. I don't think I've ever met someone who was born the ART of seo (and yes that's sarcasm) and the best practices of it. You guys were doing seo on your own when you were 5 years old, right?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ok so let me get this straight ....

Jon goes to get a job in a warehouse doing quality control but he knows nothing about the job. Jon told the employer that he knew the job well and was qualified. So Jon starts work and sneaks in his friend who understand the job and Jon has his friend actually do the work.

Now you think this is right ? What about the poor dude with mortgage, pregnant wife and 3 kids that WAS qualified to do the job but was not hired because Jon bullsh*ts his way into the job ????

The OP is exactly why this industry has a bad rep. 98% of those that claim to be SEOers are nothing more than a sham!

By the way I been online for over 30 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM85 View Post
This user was asking a legitimate question and instead of help he/she got no actual advice. Leave it to the pros is no advice and I don't understand why you would have that mentality. I don't think I've ever met someone who was born the ART of seo (and yes that's sarcasm) and the best practices of it. You guys were doing seo on your own when you were 5 years old, right?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I had the same debate with a friend of mine some time ago, about the guy who is qualified but can't get the job and the guy who bullsh*ts his way into it, The thing is, the qualified guy lacks the skill of selling his assets (the "sell me this pen" skill, like in The Wolf of Wall Street), while the BS guy, having the brain to get the job in the first place, will also aquire the skill necessary to perform it adequately. I was thinking just like you when I had that talk with my friend, but eventually I came to think he was right. I've seen lots of examples of this and I can't change my mind.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
So like most fake SEOers you took clients money and don't even understand SEO and then come to a forum expecting us real SEOers to help you do your job that you are getting paid for.... Seriously!!

Exactly why SEO has a bad rep ....

Got to love this ... "I have done the On-page with the help of my friend who has a plenty of experience with Search Engine Optimization"

If your friend was so good at SEO then he should have told you that spamming websites for so called backlinks don't get top rankings. You already spammed a few sites and rankings decreased - that should have had the little light bulb go off in your head ...

If the on-page SEO was correct you would already have increased traffic and rankings...
Wow... I am literally amazed by the positivity of you guys. I mean it was just a way of expressing myself when I wrote: "I am not a veteran or lack-experience" that's my gratitude towards seniors while I am asking some extra help from them, but anyways I think this was a great learning experience for me here. Wish you good luck ahead with your gorgeous 30-year experience and this terrific approach to respond.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

And exactly why there are so many scammers in SEO, Website Development, Website Design, Internet Marketing, and etc...

I don't know about you but I aint doing someone elses job for them. Many peoples lives and businesses have been ruined by these fake posers and I will be dammed if I help one of them to do it to another.

We are not talking about just a job - we are talking about peoples livelihood here and how their business supports and feeds their kids. Joe blow comes along with his fake 'skills' and ruins the business for the client that is only trying to live and support his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM85 View Post
I had the same debate with a friend of mine some time ago, about the guy who is qualified but can't get the job and the guy who bullsh*ts his way into it, The thing is, the qualified guy lacks the skill of selling his assets (the "sell me this pen" skill, like in The Wolf of Wall Street), while the BS guy, having the brain to get the job in the first place, will also aquire the skill necessary to perform it adequately. I was thinking just like you when I had that talk with my friend, but eventually I came to think he was right. I've seen lots of examples of this and I can't change my mind.
Wow... I am amazed at the balls you have coming in here asking someone to do your job for you (which you are being paid to do) because you took on a job you can't do under false pretenses.

If you come in here asking for help with YOUR website or need business advice for YOUR business then that's a different story. No you came in here wanting someone else to basically do a job you took on that you can't do. You actually took someones money proclaiming you could do certain things and you can't - in other words you LIED!

Trust is a big deal in business...

Quote:
Wow... I am literally amazed by the positivity of you guys. I mean it was just a way of expressing myself when I wrote: "I am not a veteran or lack-experience" that's my gratitude towards seniors while I am asking some extra help from them, but anyways I think this was a great learning experience for me here. Wish you good luck ahead with your gorgeous 30-year experience and this terrific approach to respond.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Dude, don't bother about the response you receive here. Experience comes from mistakes and rectification. Check your entire On-page SEO activities such as targetted keywords, title tags, page content and it's length, heading tags, LSI keywords implementation, image optimization, page loading time, web page errors, and internal links. If you notice any issues in the above activities then try to correct them. I can't explain one by one. Try to research more on the above activities

Once you finish the On-page analysis, Check your Off-page optimization(Link building process). It seems like your recent backlinks have some issues. Try to get the detailed analysis of your link building process and find the spam backlinks. If you have access to the paid tools like Majestic or Ahrefs it is much easier to find the spam. Check for spam score using the Moz Open Site Explorer before getting the backlinks.

SEO results cannot be achieved without proper implementation, so try to make your On-page SEO strong and perfect. Don't focus on backlinks alone. Research more before implementing.

Hope you will help your lovable client who trusted you for his business!!

Old 11-20-2017, 07:19 AM

Thank you for the kind response mate. I am focusing on the points you just mentioned above. Will let you know if I get stuck at some point. Thanks again.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum