Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Banned

Thumbs down DoFollow Vs NoFollow

What do you think guys about ratio of Follow and NoFollow backlinks, i know that follow links matters when it comes to search traffic. is this ok to get nofollow backlinks from High DA blogs or websites ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebGuide View Post
What do you think guys about ratio of Follow and NoFollow backlinks, i know that follow links matters when it comes to search traffic. is this ok to get nofollow backlinks from High DA blogs or websites ?
Well, you were handing out "link building" advice over here. But I'll bite.

The point of the matter regarding "ratio" - is that there isn't any magic percentage. If you try to achieve a ratio that someone spews as the right numbers, you - are - wasting - your - time. And, if in the process of trying to engineer a magic number, it's certainly possible you could facilitate some possible negative effects.

If and when Google comes out with a specific ratio, then fine. But even then, I'd doubt their sincerity, as they do things to help themselves mostly, not us.

Secondly, the PA and DA stats are proprietary Moz stats, and their opinion of value - not the Search Engines. To date, these metrics are not any part of Google's algo. So, if you want to look at those stats, fill yer boots. But don't get blinded and think they aid in the SEs ranking process.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

Oh boy another one that has been mislead...

1. No such thing as Do Follow it does not exist and never will...

2. A link is a link period!

3. All links carry weight - BUT NOBODY AND I DO MEAN NOBODY CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH WEIGHT

4. Stop wasting time with useless garbage and stop spamming up the net. Write quality content and let others share - who cares where they share it.

5. MOZ metrics are NOT a ranking factor, never have been and never will be.

6. You will probably ignore proven advice here but hey you was warned....

Old 12-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Contributing Member

Nofollow is implemented almost everywhere now ... There is very little opportunity to get one legitimate dofollow link now ... in terms of how Google used to define what a legitimate link should look like.

Outside of pure social media, The internet is mostly nothing more than an incentivised web of pollution.

In my opinion, Google itself is fading. The only thing they've ever really done well is the search engine and it's value is steadily being replaced by more specialized applications from people that havn't yet succumbed to the mediocrity of money motivation.

Last edited by addaminsane; 12-06-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Contributing Member

Ummmm Ok.... Google certainly is not fading... People just need to learn spam does not work, it never did.

Only reason why everyone adds nofollow attribute is because they know 90% of the so called self proclaimed SEOers and morons think do follow exist and they must spam websites for rankings.

I say more power to nofollow attribute - I hope every single website adds it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addaminsane View Post
Nofollow is implemented almost everywhere now ... There is very little opportunity to get one legitimate dofollow link now ... in terms of how Google used to define what a legitimate link should look like.

Outside of pure social media, The internet is mostly nothing more than an incentivised web of pollution.

In my opinion, Google itself is fading. The only thing they've ever really done well is the search engine and it's value is steadily being replaced by more specialized applications from people that havn't yet succumbed to the mediocrity of money motivation.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Banned

Smile Got It

Thank you masters for clearing my doubts. much appreciated

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread