Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 12-12-2017, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshmi013 View Post
First of all, find the contact details of that website owner and then ask him to delete the link and also check the low-quality pages on your website are linked by bad backlinks and get rid of the pages(404/410).
Great. your advice is to get rid of the target pages. What if the bad link points to an important page. A page that gets good traffic and people might bookmark?

Let's take it one step further - even if, for some strange reason you suggest a 301 - what if the bad links point to your index page...ya, didn't see that one coming.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member

Oh great see what you people did with your piss poor bad advice - now you made another one that will run to the disavow tool and use it...

Do any of you even understand why that tool was created ????

I would bet $10,000 that most of you don't know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devca View Post
I never heard about this google disavow tool ,So many thanks

Old 12-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
Amazing how any are so quick to say "Use the Disavow tool" and don't even understand why the tool was created...

I highly suggest ignoring any that ever says use the Disavow tool - but hey it's your business.

If only people understood the real reason behind that tool ....
If you have such strong opinion about the Disavow tool and that people dont get why it was created. Then please share your knowledge. Is not that why we are here, to share and learn from eachother?

Old 12-14-2017, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

It should be obvious .... Why do you think Google knows which sites to manually review ?? I am not talking about content farms or bad neighborhood sites either.

You are telling Google you went spamming and now you want to remove the spam links you created... Oh yeah real smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenborg View Post
If you have such strong opinion about the Disavow tool and that people dont get why it was created. Then please share your knowledge. Is not that why we are here, to share and learn from eachother?

Old 12-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Here is information right from Google:
Quote:
PageRank is Google’s opinion of the importance of a page based on the incoming links from other sites. (PageRank is an important signal, but it’s one of more than 200 that we use to determine relevancy.) In general, a link from a site is regarded as a vote for the quality of your site.

Google works very hard to make sure that actions on third-party sites do not negatively affect a website. In some circumstances, incoming links can affect Google’s opinion of a page or site. For example, you or a search engine optimizer (SEO) you’ve hired may have built bad links to your site via paid links or other link schemes that violate our quality guidelines. First and foremost, we recommend that you remove as many spammy or low-quality links from the web as possible.

If you’ve done as much work as you can to remove spammy or low-quality links from the web, and are unable to make further progress on getting the links taken down, you can disavow the remaining links. In other words, you can ask Google not to take certain links into account when assessing your site.
Quote:
This is an advanced feature and should only be used with caution. If used incorrectly, this feature can potentially harm your site’s performance in Google’s search results. We recommend that you disavow backlinks only if you believe you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your site, and if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you. In most cases, Google can assess which links to trust without additional guidance, so most normal or typical sites will not need to use this tool.
You can read the whole article here: Disavow backlinks - Google Search Console Help

So yes Ord Allenbea does have a point that you are sending up a red flag to Google that you might have hired the wrong SEO or did something wrong yourself.

But as noted in the quoted passage above from Google they can generally figure out the good from the bad on their own.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

He does have a point and yet again not that strong.

I got a site with jokes, quotes and so on right. The last couple of month i have recieved over 300 links from different domains with wierds sex site. Should i juist ignore them? See, not everybody spams their site with link. sometime others do it to hurt one rankings.

I agree that google may look closer in to thing if you disavow a link or two, but one does not have to be afraid if one have a clear conscience.

Trust me when i say that i have disavowed about 500 domains the last year with no single penalty. I see it like a spring cleaning

Old 12-15-2017, 02:27 AM
Contributing Member

You are right not everyone spams their site - only 95% do because they think backlinks are what get top rankings. Me personally I ignore all backlinks and don't even bother wasting my time checking.

Read what Google said - HTMLBasic posted it above...

Quote:
He does have a point and yet again not that strong.

I got a site with jokes, quotes and so on right. The last couple of month i have recieved over 300 links from different domains with wierds sex site. Should i juist ignore them? See, not everybody spams their site with link. sometime others do it to hurt one rankings.

I agree that google may look closer in to thing if you disavow a link or two, but one does not have to be afraid if one have a clear conscience.

Trust me when i say that i have disavowed about 500 domains the last year with no single penalty. I see it like a spring cleaning
Save

Old 12-15-2017, 03:05 AM

You can use google webmaster tool to disavow or remove bad backlinks from your website..!!

Old 12-15-2017, 03:06 AM
Contributing Member

arvind00557 - Do you even read whats written before you post?

Old 12-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

No, most don't... They have been taught by some lame self proclaimed guru or self proclaimed expert website and they think what they read was truth. Then when real experts post they ignore it. This is why so many fail at making money or building a business.

The good news is this is also another reason why it's easy to outrank these people in the search engines.

Quote:
arvind00557 - Do you even read whats written before you post?

Old 12-15-2017, 09:38 PM

Use disavow backlink from webmaster google

Old 12-15-2017, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

And another one that don't read....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_smoothyt View Post
Use disavow backlink from webmaster google

Old 12-16-2017, 04:14 AM

Be Careful using Disavow Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmith View Post
I would like to delete a backlink from quicktopic.com pointing to my blog easyshopy.com. this one website giving 8.2 backlink to my site which cause problem in search engine ranking. Is there any way I can remove these backlink?

You can prevent google from indexing your site by using disavow tool as @HowtoGuide said but it should be used carefully. Excessive use of this tool can hurt your SEO.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:21 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjansson View Post
You can prevent google from indexing your site by using disavow tool
How the f does using the disavow tool prevent Google from indexing your site? Seriously, where do you get this nonsense from?

Old 12-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjansson View Post
You can prevent google from indexing your site by using disavow tool as @HowtoGuide said but it should be used carefully. Excessive use of this tool can hurt your SEO.
What the?
@HowtoGuide never said anything of the sort, he was talking about disavowing links not your own site.
Dude, please don’t post garbage like that.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

Ouch, like getting a uppercut with all those letters in capital

Old 12-20-2017, 11:34 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGenesis View Post
TO REMOVE BAD LINKS YOU SHOULD USE GOOGLE DISAVOW TOOL.
Care to explain how that actually removes the links?

Old 12-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

Do you feel good about yourself now that you have repeated the same lame piss poor advice that many others have???

Just wondering!

Maybe if you so called experts would actually read threads instead of trying to give out bad advice - you might actually learn something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGenesis View Post
TO REMOVE BAD LINKS YOU SHOULD USE GOOGLE DISAVOW TOOL.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandowney View Post
Google disavow is the best tool remove bad backlinks. If you can't able to remove by this tool send a bad backlink to admin they will remove it.
I think you've got it backwards @dandy.

Firstly, no one should have to remove bad links because they shouldn't try to get them in the first place.

Secondly, if you happen to get some, and then regret doing it, you have to contact the target sites first.

Thirdly, if that doesn't work, you will have to try to beg forgiveness and yes, use the disavow method, with no guarantee that will work.

Finally - no one should have to remove bad links. I know I've repeated this point here again, because obtaining junk links in the first place is a ridiculous move by the inexperienced, and uninformed.

(If just one person reads this post and takes it to heart, they will end up saving themselves a lot of time, money, effort and pain.)

Last edited by LMD; 12-22-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Old 03-03-2018, 07:28 AM

I believe you should not focus on bad backlinks, because the more your site grows the more they will emerge.
Focus on getting good backlinks and they will stand out.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread